Have you impressed your local Barnes and Noble cashier with your taste in film yet, Sup Forums?

Have you impressed your local Barnes and Noble cashier with your taste in film yet, Sup Forums?

Ya I bought blue is the warmest color and told her about the sex scenes. Then we fucked behind the art section. Shit was fucking cash

No.
B&N really makes it difficult for you to cancel their membership card.
Planning on getting Thief, Hunger and Paris Texas.

I would, except they don't ship to my country.

the only reason i go to b&n is to laugh at the weebs in the manga section.

Do you really like Paris Texas that much?

The black lady at the local video rental store around here flirted with me a lot and it was probably because of my taste in kino.

>what's this?
>it's akira kurosawa. he's my favorite director m'day

I have actually. Picked up Paris, Texas and the guy told me it's one of his favorite movies. We also talked Herzog a little bit.

I haven't seen it. Blind buy, why

The sale is 50% off Barnes and Noble's upcharged as fuck retail price. You still save a few bucks as opposed to Amazon Prime and don't have to wait for shipping but it's not really the blowout sale I was expecting.

Do not fucking blind buy that movie especially not criterion.

How do I buy a movie at Barnes and Nobles? They have a seperate section with a checkout and security scanners in the back where the movies and music are. Do I buy the movie there and can I resume shopping for books around the store and purchase that seperately or must I immediately leave after buying something from the movie section?

Fuck you Sup Forums, you always make me feel insecure.

I was thinking of finally getting Dekalog. I got Being There, F is for Fake, and The Fisher King during the last sale.

No they have detectors preventing you from leaving the movie/music section into the books section. Normally they have a cashier there in the movies/music section. If you want a book and a movie, you can either check out at two separate cashiers or just tell one of the employees that you're getting a book as well

How come

Because it's quality is only passable. Do you like movies where nothing happens in a really uninteresting way? Why do you think you'd like it enough to own it? Aren't there super cheap dvd or some other way you can watch it first?

>buy Seventh Seal just to have it
>Guy at the cash register thinks I'm a film connoisseur from there on out

But you are tho. Yeah it's entry level for art kids but how many fucking normies on the street know about that movie

I'm not poor.
Why don't you like it, besides what you have already stated.
What would you recommend I watch instead

not that user but just fyi you can start a 14 day free trial on filmstruck and they have paris texas on there to watch (plus many others)
But like you said, you're not poor and it's your money so do what you want :/

>What would you recommend I watch instead
Jabberwocky if you collect Gilliam
Fire Walk With Me if you collect Lynch
The Piano Teacher but I haven't seen it in awhile and I'm pretty sure I saw the edited version.
Lost In America is a long time favorite if mine. If there were more of a reason to get bluray I might do it.

That's just going in order if recently released.

Listen to this person

filmstruck is good. they don't have an app for ps4 though which is holding me back from paying the monthly fee

I'm waiting on starting my trial until the 15th actually.
A bit peeved there isn't a filmstruck app for xbox one/ps4 yet. Not until late next year I presume.
What interests you, user

>For me
>It was Tarkovsky

when is the sale over?

Actually I do plan on getting Fire Walk With Me, though I'll be skipping out on his recent doc.
Tell me about The Piano Teacher

i've done this and regret everything. i still got laid though

I liked Piano Teacher but I wouldn't recommend blind buying it either. As I recall I just liked it for the cheap sexual thrills which weren't exactly that thrilling.

this is way too common. why the fuck won't fiilmstruck make the app already?

Anything else you like?
They said they're "working on it", to expect something around the final quarter of next year. I wouldn't blind buy if I had the app already. I'd save buying physical media for things I really enjoy.

their video player is pretty bad too. they're so close to being a great company but they just can't get out of their own way

Beyond the Valley of the Dolls is one of my favorite movies.

Does Lost In America not sound good?

End of the month, I've heard. I hope so, since I get paid again on the last day of the month.

I got a few things today, highlights for me are Ugetsu and A Brighter Summer Day.

They've been working on it since last year. Something's preventing them from following through

wait.. I thought they were srp

I'll check out both during my trial. A friend told me about Valley a few months ago, so that's been on my "list" of things to watch

are there any particularly bad criterion transfers I should avoid stumbling onto?

stalker

tokyo drifter was pretty weird, grainy as shit, not terrible though, movie's not that good anyway so who gives a shit.

>entry level art for kids
this is what retards believe.
i dont even disagree that its entry level just due to it being one of the more popular art films, but that doesnt make it any less good.
A movie thats entry level art for kids is something like The Holy Mountain.

I saw it last month on DCP at a theater and it was great, what are you talking about

>tfw want to buy a bunch of them but want to be financially responsible

do the right thing user and buy all of them