Why is Jafar way stronger than genie...

Why is Jafar way stronger than genie? surely ten thousand years can really put a crick in the neck but genies power should be on par with jafar since he's more experienced. Explain Sup Forums how is jafar more powerful?

He's a dick.

They lay it out right in front of you in Return of Jafar: being free severely undercuts a genie's power. Jafar is more powerful than Genie because he was never freed and had access to all of his wish-granting might.

In Disney a bound genie is has more power in exchange for being chained to a master. Genie is unbound and thus gave up power for freedom

what about in the first movie?

He was being confined by the rules of cosmic power. He had to be summoned to return

Jafar didn't really get to do much as a genie in the first movie.

Jafar was never shown to be stronger in the first movie. He was a genie for all of five seconds before being sealed and before that the entire climax resolved around Jafar's ego being shattered at realizing Genie's might far exceeds his own.

Aside from the nerf that comes with freedom, I think Jafar wished specifically to be the most powerful genie ever. Even at full strength, blue genie might not have had much luck.

The fuck are you talking about? Jafar only had time for a brief light show before he was imprisoned in his lamp.

got it. I had to check and he does say that on top of wishing to be the most powerful sorceror

>My Final wish.
>I wish to be an ALL-POWERFUL Genie.

Right there, Jafar is Omipotent but confined to his lamp.

since the question was addressed can we have a favorite disney villians thread?

Sure.

Was Frolo the best villain, or would that be cheating?

Rasputin was the best Disney Villain

I liked frolo

You can't be omnipotent and confined to a lamp. It's a contradiction in terms.

Yeah but since he was a villain from classic lit would it be cheating to include him, since he came from a mature story?
I mean he sings about wanting sum fuk from the Rave Haired Renegade.

You're right but Jafar wishes to be All-Powerful. So did Genie make him as Omnipotent as a Genie can get then?

Frollo wasn't a villain in the book
All characters in books are not pure evil or good, all of them are tragic characters

>Genie Jafar is supposed to be all-powerful.
>In all the Kingdom Hearts games, he jobs the fuck to a kid with a Keyblade and gets his ass kicked several times.
>Even in 2's adaptation of ROJ, he manages to get his ass/tail kicked to the point of Sora actually spinning him around.
>Also in stuff like Sorcerer's of The Magic Kingdom where he also gets his ass kicked even in genie form.

Jafar? More like Jobfar.

No but everybody aside from Quasimodo and Esmerelda were varying flavor of scumbags, given how it all ends.

Bearing in mind that it's been around seven years since I read the damned thing.

Maybe not stronger, just less inhibited.

Even with the Genie bylaws, Jafar was willing to push the limits of his genie powers. Some rules, even unbreakable rules, can be bent, like how Alladin conned Genie into freeing them from the Cave of Wonders without wasting a wish. Jafar just happens to be the type of guy to find and exploit loopholes, even more so than Alladin.

All I remember is quasimodo spooned witha corpse until he died

Said corpse was Esmerelda and was raped before being murdered by Frolo, the Guard Captain and pretty much the entire garrison.

Would Frolla have a lesbian crush on Esmeralda or would she have a crush on some gypsy boy? I think having a lesbian crush would make Frolla more tragic, and would have better r36.

Lesbian crush on account of somehow being a Female Minister would make it three times as taboo.

It works better as gay romance with Esmeraldo

But then we have a female Hunchback, and no matter how good her personality is, it doesn't make for a better Quasimoda!

I feel Kingdom Hearts should've just did what the SNES Aladdin game did and made Cobra Jafar the final battle. Would've made more sense.

>Rasputin

Exactly! Lord Farquad is the best Disney villain.

some hot nurse on twink action, yes

Jafar had years of combat experience because he came from a military culture where everyone learned how to fight. Genie, on the other hand, learned to fight "ON A FARM."

Gaston is first, Frollo is second.

The problem is that Quasimoda's boobs are too perky in that picture. She's a hunchback, hunch your back and see how perky your chest is. An accurately designed female huchbacks lacks the feminine signals, as the hunchback covers up her boobs and unless she's wearing skintight pants her body shape covers up her hips.

he reminds me of jews and anglosaxons..

His second wish was to be the most powerful sorcerer so sorcerer powers combined with genie powers

>Kingdom Hearts
>make sense

I got the impression that Genie had never been in a fight, never really felt threatened, and generally was not mean enough to be much good fighting anything. If he cannot just zap something then he does not really know what to do.

Jafar was probably one of those closet weirdos that dreamed of all the shit he would do to people once he had magical powers.

genie

Jafar wished to be the more powerful genie.

He says "I wish to be an all-powerful genie". We could debate whether Genie is "all-powerful" but it sounds more like he's saying "I want to be a genie, which are all-powerful"

When the genie was freed he lost power from the lamp.

Compounding this Jafar's wish was literally to be the most powerful sorcerer and he did have the power of the lamp.

C'mon man, they explained this several times.

Jafar has a mean streak and is more inclined to hit where it hurts

Jafar specifically wished to be the most powerful genie ever. Even before Genie got nerfed by not being bound to the lamp anymore, Jafar's sorcerer and genie wishes both outline that he is the most powerful in the world as part of the wish.

I was always pissed off that he didn't simply wish to be "a sorcerer more powerful than any genie." Assuming that genie could already make Jaffar more powerful than himself, that should have also worked. But nooo, got to make the villain an idiot, otherwise only weird kids would like the ending.

Jafar wished to be the most powerful genie at the end of the first movie after being tricked by Aladdin. He became the most powerful through wish magic. He is also a sorcerer, so he has knowledge of the dark arts.

>Alladin
it's Aladdin actually

Ah yes, Prince Abooboo.

Do you guys understand just how powerful a free genie is?

It's god. Robin Williams without depression, the need for drugs, the feelings of sadness.
Just a god that fully intends to make anyone and everyone happy through laughter and kindness.

When Disney chooses the roles they choose for movies it's because they're trying to send us signals. Why else would they try and create super-children with ungodly acting/singing talent? It's to influence the world and leave clues for some sort of big answer. Everything ties together somehow. Where does all imagination or intuition come from? Thin air?

That's what Genie is.

The embodiment of unbridled, unrivaled imagination. Something mankind barely understands and cannot contain.

But I wanted Jafar to win.

he wished to be the most powerful sorcerer in the world

Man. You think you had it rough growing up? Try being the only kid at school that thought (still does) Jefar was hot. I got tired trying to explain why I thought the taller, slimmer, sexy eyeshadow wearing, awesome hat bearer, all powerful wizard, older man with a twisty beard and amazing singing voice was better than the street rat with fleas.

Why did he wish to become a genie? He had all the power he could want as most powerful sorcerer. Being a genie brought him nothing apart from the obvious pitfall he would've foreseen if not for the writers needing to finish the movie.

How the fuck can anyone say anything other than Hades?

Genie is just a typical genie. Jafar wished to be an "ALL POWERFUL GENIE".

Jafar is a greedy fuck. Were you even paying attention to the movie?

Jafar was talented from the birth, he got his power through years of study and hard work.

Genie just giot his power by born and he was a lazy, ungrateful comedian.

YOUNG gypsy boy /ss/

The beauty is that it would be EXACTLY the same movie, except with Frollo dealing with gay feelings.

Because the right answer is Chernabog.

Because he wished to be the most powerful. In terms of the Arabian Nights stories that makes him one step short of god. That said if they were following the Arabian Nights stories he could pull dick movies with his wishes such as killing owners by their own misfortunes, whisper in peoples sleep to seek him out and destroying the lamb would free him not destroy him (but likely depower him) so mileage varies on how things should work.

Power rankings: all powerful genie or all the powers of Hell?

Maleficent is powerful for her setting, but she's nothing to Jafar

Dark Fairy Maleficent would annihilate Vizier Jafar before he got the lamp, but after wishing to become the most powerful sorcerer in the world Jafar greatly exceeds her in raw magical ability. At least as a genie he has a weakness she can exploit, but his power completely dwarfs Maleficent.

A better match for Maleficent would be Mad Madam Mim. Or perhaps the Blue Fairy. I think Maleficent could kill the former, but would probably lose to the latter. Hard to say how powerful the Blue Fairy is since she never fights anything.

In terms of raw power, genie Jafar may not have much of an equal in Disney film. Perhaps Hades or Zeus. Maybe Chernabog.

Most Powerful Sorcerer Jafar. I'd like to see him fight Ursula after she possessed the Trident. Even if she did have a stupid death, having total control over the world's oceans is no joke.

Normal Vizier would have trouble even with regular humans. The snake trick is cool but not foolproof. Sultan proves that.

frolo was just a horny old dude. he was a dick fosho but idk about best.

my vote probably goes to hades.. unless some one better pops into my head but.. yeah.. probably Hades.

In terms of emotional impact and effectiveness in the villain role I'd rate him very, very high.

He also had easily one of the best musical numbers. Gaston Song, Be Prepared and Poor Unfortunate Souls are well below Hellfire for me. Poor Jafar barely even got a musical number. Just a brief reprise of Prince Ali. Funny though it was.

He did get one in that straight to video sequel but I barely remember it.

This post is so fucking autistic holy shit.

Jafar wished to be "an all powerful Genie." So basically Genie on steroids.

Sure, but he asked. I have a decent memory for minor plot details.

Yes, but it's the good kind of autism that stimulates discussion. Something you, on the other hand, are contributing nothing towards.

It has nothing to do with that, power level discussions are bread and butter on Sup Forums. It's the way you type that gives off such an air of obnoxiousness I can almost smell it.

Why are there so many Aladdin threads on Sup Forums right now?

Right, sure. I'll try to be less specific I guess.

So, we agreeing that Maleficent doesn't seem to have much on post lamp Jafar?

Jafar transformed and banished his enemies instantly. Magnificent had to go through the trouble of a 16 year curse. Jafar wins.

>implying that constructive austim is somehow worse than the austism you just displayed

Because Aladdin tricked him into doing so, and Jafar let his ego get the better of him. After all, even if Jafar was the most powerful sorcerer in the world, if someone else got a hold of a genie, they could easily take that away from him. Genies, by their very nature, have more power than sorcerers, and Jafar has always craved power.

Then wish for genie not to exist. Or wish to be a sorcerer more powerful than genie, then new mission: locate and destroy all genies.

Return of Jafar was actually a pretty solid sequel

I think this is pushing the limits of what wishes can do.

Like could he wish for the ocean to be made of donuts instead of water? Or could he wish for all humans on earth to have their hearts replaced with squeaky rubber ducks yet still be fully functional biological creatures?

I want to say yes and yes. The second one even has a bit of precedent as he transformed Abu into a toy, including all of his internal organs, without killing him. Fully functional is questionable and perhaps a bit ambiguous in definition.

>genies
>powerful
>implying

Thanks for telling us about your post. Why'd you link to another one though?

Think of it like Kingdom Hearts. A power ranking like that would make sense there.

Aladdin is my favourite disney film but Hades takes the cake as best villain

It's funny, I fucking hate the "Hades = Satan" trope, but I still love Disney's Hades.

>awaken, my masters.

Dr. Facilier. He was literally one step away from total victory and only lost because the plot needed him to.

Mozenrath will forever be my favorite villain.

I may be remembering wrong but didn't he try to take over Aladdin's body, failed and got his soul forever locked in a void?

Facilier loses points because his movie was lame. If Princess and the Frog was 1/2 as good as he was, it'd be a smash hit.

Would it work as gender bender?

Putting aside the fact that Jafar didn't do much, all he was really doing when he became a Genie was flex his magic muscles a bit. Genie did the same thing when he was first summoned.

Only if she still talks with James Woods' voice.

this. his hat was fucking baller