I am considering getting cable in my apartment, after some time without it

I am considering getting cable in my apartment, after some time without it.

Does Sup Forums recommend it?

TV is only worth having as background noise. The majority of channels just play the same thing over and over again, and most of the channels are garbage.

It really isn't worth it.

not really, pretty much everything on cable that's desirable can be gotten online, legally even.

I'm 28 and haven't had cable since I left my parents'. It's not worth it user. It's VERY worth if if you're into sports and cant watch them elsewhere.

Not cost effective, but the ease of just turning it on makes it worth it. Not worth it at ALL for tv and movies though user, not in any way.

Yes. Watching stuff on TV is more enjoyable than watching stuff on your computer.

No, Cable is obsolete.

>Hearing anything related to the word "TV" in the year 2017

>company comes over
>What's on TV right now?
>Oh I don't have TV
>You don't watch tv?
>No, i watch everything on my computer, it's hooked up to the tv too-
>Wow you're a weirdo and i was gonna have sex with you nevermind
>remain alone forever

>No, i watch everything on my computer, it's hooked up to the tv too
That's where you fucked up. You say you watch netflix and suggest watching netflix and chill. That's code for sex.

No one here has a social life or friends.

If she's stupid enough to like tv, she's not worth fucking anyway.

Fuck no. Just get Netflix, Hulu, and maybe Amazon prime. Between that and kisscartoon, you pretty much have access to anything worth watching.

If you're so bereft of charm that someone who enjoyed you enough to come over won't sleep with you because you stutter over tv then you never deserved sex in the first place.

Had it at my last place. The background noise is kind of nice, but it's nothing that couldn't have been replaced by hooking up one of those HDMI streaming sticks and putting on spotify or youtube set to autoplay (to give a few examples).

The only TV shows I actually keep tabs on these days are cartoons, which can be easily found online for free now.

As far as cartoons go, only a handful of good ones are even airing right now and with the exception of new episode premiers, it's better just to watch them online. And new eps often leak ahead of time anyway or can be easily be found being streamed. Apparently unless you have a nielson box you're not even contributing ratings to the shows you like by watching them on tv.

And the networks that air cartoons have really shitty schedules nowadays too. 90% of the day they're rerunning the same one or two cheap crappy shows over and over running them into the ground, so unless you only ever happen to tune in during the comparatively rare times they air anything else, it's even pointless as background noise.

If you have some other kind of entertainment you like to watch on tv then good on you, but from a Sup Forums standpoint there's absolutely no good reason to bother with it anymore.

>buying things solely to impress women
i hope you enjoy being poor forever

If you have access to Kisscartoon, Kissanime, Hulu and/or Netflix you don't need it. Aside from Netflix, all those update their episodes only after a day or two of its airing on TV.

The Kiss sites alone single-handedly stave off my depression.

I never said it was a women Anons

dont
just watch everything online instead

The only reason to get cable is live sports. Everything else you can wait until they're on Netflix or some other digital platform like the HBO one.

none of my friends pay for tv

Even worse. Finding a guy to fuck is easy.

if you're like me and really only want it to watch cartoons, just get sling. $25 a month and you get all the networks aside nickelodeon for some odd reason. not worth getting cable since they charge you up the ass (near $90 a month)

Just pirate and stream for sports, faggot.

>What's on TV right now?
>yer mum lol

OBSOLETE