Witcher: The Netflix series

I'm somewhat of an insider (Platige Image), have some answers but you have to ask questions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BKWtwJ38EjE&ab_channel=LegendaryOST
youtube.com/watch?v=z6fyS_yS228&ab_channel=TheProjectGame
youtube.com/watch?v=_A-P5WBIuSo&ab_channel=SoundGame
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What will be adapted?

Are you Jewish?

Any casting decisions been made?

When will this be set?

Will it consider game stuff canon if after books?

what's the planned release date

Will there be any Melanin Godz in it?

The books. Anything related to game will be untouched.

The main guy is black isn't he?

>Will it consider game stuff canon if after books?
Nobody considers the game stuff canon.

yeah but wich book you idiot
they can start at 2 books

Idris Elba as Geralt of Rivia also known as the White Wo- ohh i mean the Black Bull.

You maybe be somewhat of an insider, but you are 100% faggot. Fuck off larper

For now they have around 15 scripts in the works, episodes 50-70 minutes long, The Last Wish, Sword of Destiny, elements of Season of Storms and Sapkowski's OC.
The plan is to run it for 3 seasons and if it's successfull the series will be continued until the end of the books.

2% according to 23andme.

>Any casting decisions been made?
Yes, but sadly I'm below the access to the information who they've cast for which role.
>When will this be set?
It starts with The Witcher short story.
>Will it consider game stuff canon if after books?
No, but they want some visuals to look similar to the games, CDPR gave greenlight.

Autumn 2019.

Sapkowski and Baginski said no POC in main cast, this bummed SDC and Netflix but they agreed.

how many cute polish girls will get blacked

>Sapkowski and Baginski said no POC in main cast, this bummed SDC and Netflix but they agreed.
If true I'm buying a month of Netflix just to watch Witcher

>zoltan and his band of dwarves will be replaced by a zerrikanian group

Will the soundtrack be in any way inspired by the video games ? (Especially the third one obviously)

We don't know. I suppose a mix between The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny would make sense.

Hopefully not because they were painfully generic fantasy songs.

Fuck you they wont get rid of zoltan go fuck yourself, better not be shitty cg dwarves either goddamn warcraft shit, need lotr camera trick

interesting, though there's a few characters that are canonically from Nazair or some shit like that dragon's two warrior girls and I think one of the sorcerors might be.

>they want some visuals to look similar to the games
Than kyou based whistleblower.

I really liked the combat music:

youtube.com/watch?v=BKWtwJ38EjE&ab_channel=LegendaryOST

youtube.com/watch?v=z6fyS_yS228&ab_channel=TheProjectGame

youtube.com/watch?v=_A-P5WBIuSo&ab_channel=SoundGame

t. someone who never listend to the 3rd game's soundtrack

So now you've CONFIRMED you're 100% larping.

In a recent interview with Fantastyka Sapkowski outright said that he would be OK with Geralt being dark skinned because it's a magical world with different set of rules, he even specifically mentioned that "it can just be explained as another side effect of Geralt's mutations".

In the same interview Sapkowski also said that "it's a given" that there will be some diversity in the cast.

Stop dude, just stop.

They will work with same Polish folk bands.
The composer is some Russian dude.

They're not main characters though.

Sapkowski get out
the games are great and actually tell a better story than your 5 book saga

Source?

source it

Soure to the interview?
From what I've been told Sapkowski said he wants his characters to look how he described them basically, and he's against race bending but not against some color in the background.

>They will work with same Polish folk bands.
I know you're just some autistic larper but I really really want this to be true

ok so since I replied anyway, if the show runners ALLEGEDLY want to maintain a slavic atmosphere with the music, will all of the cast be British or are you acquiring some foreign talent so that we can hear some Eastern European accents?

Hi guys, I'm somewhat of an insider (I wrote the books but that's all I can tell you), I have some answers but you have to ask questions.

>the games are great and actually tell a better story than your 5 book saga
No. The books are better structured, better written and more original and creative than the games. Witcher 1 just a retelling of the books but worse. Witcher 2 completely misses the point of the franchise and is very convoluted and messy. Witcher 3 has an incredibly underdeveloped villain and a rushed third act. The amount of plot-holes, retcons, shameless pandering and inconsistent characterization in the game series would be unacceptable if it was in any other medium.

*blocks your Slavic fantasy*

>will all of the cast be British or are you acquiring some foreign talent so that we can hear some Eastern European accents?
Last time I've heard they want as many local talents as possible, but they have to be fluent in English and y'know, good actors at that. Don't know how the cast looks like so can't tell you what the rate of Slavic/English actors is.

examples?

Watch him saying 'white frost was climate change'

>Platige Image
had to look this up, it lends some credibility i guess. i was wondering how you could be in a position where you know some things but don't know castings.

Are all the short stories going to be adapted? How is that going to work?

>Witcher 3
You can have great writing with a terrible main plot though, especially in an RPG. Just because nobody cares about the shitty transdimensional space elves doesn't automatically invalidate everything else that happened in a ~100 hour game.

Don't know yet, they're just finishing scripts now, if some seem subpar they'll be cut.

A discussion panel with Sapkowski and few other writers, Nowa Fantastyka, June 2017.

They're even joking that "black people can be pale too". But to be honest maybe you're right, it's possible that they're just joking around, it doesn't sound as definitive as what you said though. Also "diversity is a given" is said in a serious context.

Also Platige will work on CGI for The Expanse s3.

Still, main plot is the core of the story, which we are debating btw, and its the weakest part of this game that I loved btw

Well, the main plot is 8/10 while the subplots are 10/10.
So just like the books.

>Witcher 1 just a retelling of the books but worse.
Not really, it's a wholly original story with a lot of original characters. Narratively it puts Geralt in an interesting position that allows the player to roleplay him according to their own interpretation of the world and some of its issues without breaking the lore.
>Witcher 2 completely misses the point of the franchise and is very convoluted and messy.
What the fuck are you talking about? I do think that the Witcher 2 doesn't align with the books in terms of aesthetics and atmosphere, but the storyline itself is a fantastic intrigue full of twists and turns. It actually requires the player to know the world from the books really well because it revolves around different factions and key political players, and the books themselves (the big saga in particular) did feature a lot of northern realms/nilfgaardian politics. Plus the game featured some really memorable characters and it carried on the themes about human vs non humans well.

About TW3, I do agree that the main storyline was disappointing, but it really just serves a foundation to tell all of the side stories, each very well written and resonating with the core themes and message of the books, which is what makes this game shine in terms of narratives. The expansions are great too and Hearts of Stone in particular is one of the best Witcher stories in general, up there and even better than some of the short stories in the last wish/sword of destiny.

You're just a contrarian faggot who hates the games because MUH BOOKS

Main plot is 6/10 and side plots vary from 4/10 to 10/10 in the games, so basically like the books

Ciri, yen and the wild hunt showing up out of nowhere.

Wild hunt retconned as the red riders is unnescecary and weird given the context of the original wild hunts appearance in the book.

Looking for Ciri in Velen and Novigrad is paced horribly. Having to do multiple long (but good) quests for information that doesn't help at all.

Avalac'h character was changed

also choices in the game are not clear and stupid, ''pushing dijkstra aside'' means you get to miss out on a major questline involving the assassination of a king and changes the ending alot wich may lead to the death of friends

You said the series is going to start with the Witcher short story which I'm guessing is the one where he hunts the girl-turned-striga, which is a good introduction. But the other short stories have heavy information relating to the main series, from the introduction of Yennefer and her binding to Geralt, to the introduction of Ciri and why they've become so close together and so on. How is that going to be handled, are the first episodes all going to be short out-of-order stories and then adopt continuity later on for the books or is it going to be heavily abridged and try to cut the information into shitty flashbacks or small talk during the main series?

Damn Yennshiqua you fine as hell!

I think the witcher short story is the beauty and the beast ripoff one

Black Yen when?

kek I almost forgot about that one, no way they'll adapt it and imply women are sluts for money

No, it's the girl turned striga one

right I remember now, the one I was talking about was 'a grain of truth', there was a thread some time ago about alleged "leaks" that said it will be the first episode

No, they're trying to establish the characters asap. So expect some changes to the way the characters are introduced.

Why do amerimongrels want to put their interracial monkey fetishes into Pure Aryan Slavic world?

There are almost no niggers in Slavic countries besides Russians.

That would make no sense from the narrative standpoint.
It starts the same as the movie that was planned before the series - The Witcher+The Lesser Evil. Don't know if it's going to be one long pilot or two episodes yet.

I don't know but Sapkowski is progressive and anti-racist so I can see him letting some of the cast get BLACKED

zerrrikanians

still hoping for one of these two as Geralt

Anson Mount is in Inhumans, but that show has done so bad it's probably cancelled already

I want a polish actor desu

Exactly, one fucking part of the world where the niggers live. They don't live in the Northern Kingdoms.
Left looks like shit.

We have noone that would be good enough for geralt. Especially noone with gruff voice/looks combo.

>one of the main themes of the franchise is how racism and fanatism are disgusting and evil
>muh pure slavic whiteness

You never disappoint.

>Sapkowski and Baginski said no POC in main cast, this bummed SDC and Netflix but they agreed.
please for the sake of all things good, please be true. im sick of this diversity shit. i just want something good and just

Russians were the first victims of Jewish white genocide. Today they are a dwindling minority in Russia.

Who is DorociƄski?

What are her acting merits?

nah, she has a childish face. yen is the most mature of the 3.

It doesn't necessarily need to be someone high profile, they could find someone if they wanted to, I guess it depends on whether they'd even want the main character to be played by a non English actor. I think it would provide certain exoticism for the western viewer that would help the show distinguish itself from other fantasy stuff, Game of Thrones in particular because we all know they're going to try to snatch some of that audience once the show ends.

Based Evelynposter.

It's a lot more nuanced than that my nigga, elves definitely deserve it, for example

That's not from what I think it is. Is it?

>elves definitely deserve it
You missed the point entirely, congrats.

lol no they don't
the humans are described like a plague, a a bunch of war mongering cockroaches that only fucks and fights so they kept reproducing, conquering and building brothels on top of elven cities

the elder races on the other hand were sophisticated, peaceful and less in numbers since their priorities were maintaining art and culture instead of fucking 24/7

the humans are basically foreign invaders, just as bad as the monsters that came with the conjunction of the spheres

sauce

>we wuz kangz til the white man stole our technology
okay elfnigger

what is it from?

So humans are similar to Poles and Slavs while Elves are similar to Aryans and Romans.

???
elven architecture was superior, and other elder races like the gnomes or dwarves had very advanced technology that humans could never replicate

literally all humans had was numbers

>superior
>lose
keep posting earnigger

>while Elves are similar to Aryans
Poles are the most Aryan nation in Europe

How many blacks will be in this and will they be blackwashing main characters?

elves=real world humans
humans=real world muslims

t. elf

Actually gypsies are

>poles
>white

and if real world humans keep being faggots like elves they will deserve to be wiped out

*burps*
*beats wife*
*rolls into a ditch for the night*

>gypsies
>nation

What now?

No, they're not.
>Poles
>not the whitest Europeans
?

what a fucking troglodyte

>tfw too intelligent to reproduce

She looks identical to that computer yen you fucking autist

>Witcher 3 has an incredibly underdeveloped villain

That's putting it mildly. The guy has like a dozen lines and they are all generic and dumb.

Nothing wrong with that.

give me a sauce breh