Need some help

Hey Sup Forums I need your help
I have to make a "remake" for my school (I have to take 2:30 of a film and make it myself)
I wanted to recreate a short passage in Reservoir Dogs but I won't have the time
Any idea of a movie I could make a remake of all by myself ? (Just one actor, no moving cameras, ect)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d4s5Ld0Dpdc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=aycGYu_8Hhw
youtube.com/watch?v=7P-f-nzOTV4
youtube.com/watch?v=mLKA_BX6xKo
youtube.com/watch?v=Ruw9fsh3PNY
youtube.com/watch?v=crR6pBGMZ90
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Try Shakespeare. Seems like it would be easy. Find a passage (preferably a lesser known one, points for originality), set up a camera, and practice.
I sure hope you can act.

Oh nice, thx for the idea
Was thinking about Godard but Shakespeare seems nice too

I think you already know what you have to do

Recreate the toilet sniffer dog monologue

>I wanted to recreate a short passage in Reservoir Dogs but I won't have the time
Just redo the scene where tim roth rehearses his joke.

>How much have you lost in a cointoss

but make it local to your city, not Texas

That was the plan, but I need some things that I can't have right now

youtube.com/watch?v=d4s5Ld0Dpdc
2:25
Add a Great Scott at the end for 2:30, tie a bow around it and call it a day.

>but I need some things that I can't have right now
Like what? It's just you and a couple of locations. Maybe 2 dudes and adog to play the cops.

Nah fuck Shakespeare, Reservoir Dogs would be interesting.

That's the thing, the only toilet where I can shoot this scene is in my school, and the school is closed for now, but I have to do it now
Don't have a dog tho, can make one in cardboard
couple of nice idea, thanks !

What exactly are the guidelines/rules? Exactly as given to you

Some part from Inglorious Basterds Prologue

it's hard to explain, my english is a little bit rusty
We have to recreate a 2:30 passage, using our own means. We can't use a sequence-shot or a single shot, it has to be a bit complex

already did a remake of that

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aycGYu_8Hhw
Find 2:30 in this haystack that works well and a bro who can read lines. Not too hard to recreate. Hardest part would be the accents and timing, neither of which you should balk at.

>We can't use a sequence-shot or a single shot
Well fuck this then

Here's my vote
youtube.com/watch?v=7P-f-nzOTV4
Do this scene starting at 4:18, right as he's opening the door to the bathroom and ending at the end when he walks you. You just have to shave a few seconds and it will be 2:30 exactly. This should work as a scene by itself and there will be some mystery too since you will be cutting out the context beforehand. Also, it's possible and would be impressive if you shot it with one actor (I'm assuming you) playing all the roles.

Also you can definitely find a restroom somewhere that will let you shoot. You better pull this off OP

That's the sequence I wanted to make
I just want to know if you have a better idea, because I can still rush this in 3 days but I'm not a speed guy

youtube.com/watch?v=mLKA_BX6xKo
Not exactly what you're looking for, but you could easily shoot it on a phone camera. Pay some local actors in coffee or sexual abuse to stand in, I'm sure you can get away with less extras than the scene dictates.

to much peoples and moving shots

I would go with that and just get working instead of wasting too much time choosing an idea. I've done After Effects work in the past compositing multiple shots for the "clone" effect so if you want help I'm up for it

Eh it's like 4 people max if you cut the extras out during the 360. Where are you gonna get a german shepherd, 3-4 uniformed officers, 2 guys (not including the storyteller) in a club, and a YMCA restroom? Not to mention you need footage of the dog barking.
One dialogue and a 360 spin followed by a couple of cuts in an ambiguous room with casually dressed people seems a lot simpler than that Tarantino scene.

the plane scene

I'm not allowed to use After Effects hélas
The coin toss scene seems easier anyway, thanks for the help tho

Is it specifically After Effects or just not supposed to do visual effects or something?

damn that would be one for the books

this desu

Saw thread, came here to post that

excellent choice but it makes this question relevant since it would be *interesting* to do without effects in post. but idk you tell me, maybe it's possible

American Psycho dubs scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ruw9fsh3PNY

Just buy some cheap toy planes and attach them to strings like puppets.

>2:30 of a film
Can it be longer? That's pretty short for any scenes that are suspenseful

2:30 to 3

Ok, then is perfect.
>easy to make
>requires only two people
>just under 3 minutes

Another option youtube.com/watch?v=crR6pBGMZ90
The problem you'll have with any of these though is you either need multiple people or some post-production to record multiple takes of yourself as the different characters. That's possible without After Effects but you haven't answered

there's fun stuff in coffee and cigarettes that isn't too long

there are no "blacks" in our college

Not op, That's not even college

Do some tarkovsky. Long static takes, few actors, ezpz.

Still you haven't answered my question. Can you composite multiple shots into one shot or not?

>obscure Soviet director

Do something fun and popular from Kevin Smith