Letterboxd General

letterboxd.com/Driveanon/
A thread where people discuss their favorites/new movies? People actually follow each other and like each other’s reviews? WHAAAA?

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/Pindogu/
letterboxd.com/bigsmartypants/
letterboxd.com/Heirobosch/
letterboxd.com/millzy925/
letterboxd.com/machill54/
youtu.be/5aQ9two44Nw?t=56
letterboxd.com/EverythingSucks/
youtube.com/watch?v=FCGDi1f4zm8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is the letterboxd Android app still shit? What the hell is so hard about porting the iPhone one to android?

BEep boOp Android

>not adding all the movies you've seen
Or have you really only seen 106?

The iPhone app is also shit

The mobile website is perfectly functional and good for 99% of use

completely new to the platform pls post profiles so i can add some people from Sup Forums for suggestions

my profile: letterboxd.com/Pindogu/

also why is Xer and Ze an option for a pronoun????

How do we stop him?
letterboxd.com/bigsmartypants/

A man with this much taste can only go on living for so long in a world of genelets

How was your October?

Seen Suspiria and loved it.

It was better than yours

Watched some good shit

>didn't even see jigsaw once
Delete yourself.

Only just recently saw Suspiria and i kinda don't get the hype.

/albion
has dabbing gone too far?

is this you

Cheesy 'talian horror with great directing and prime Jessica Harper, what's not to love. Also, that scene with the blind guy getting fired was hilarious.

your dumb and I hate you

not far enough

The Tenant was shit, I expected so much more
letterboxd.com/Heirobosch/

this guy is like weird twitter of letterbox

letterboxd.com/millzy925/

I have not wathced a film in 50 days

john mctiernan to be honest

letterboxd.com/machill54/

First eurocrime I watched in a while, forgot how much I love them, one of Lenzi's lesser efforts but still with a kickass soundtrack and a lot of car chases to make it fun to watch

Devils Honey is weird as heck

Got some p good cinema trips lined up over the next week, p hype

My full Halloween marathon.

/thegr1fter

v nice
That's a lot of them. Looks like you didn't give many of them good ratings. Did it not become a bit of a drag

made me realize I fucking hate horror, thanks BG

Nah, even when they are garbage I can still enjoy them. Humongous was the only one I didn't enjoy. It was most of the time way too dark to even see what was happening, and the kills were pretty bad.

>didn't like the invitation
faggot

Humongous is one of the few I have seen from what you watched
It did suck pretty major ass, I was really looking forward to watching it too

What is the official /lbg/ stance on autograph hunting?

I usually think it's lame and embarrassing but at the same time I want to get my poster(s) signed

>eurocrime
already disinterested

Uh... you have seen The Invitation also? It said I was the only one but I guess that's because I just added it. You are talking about the short horror film made by Jeff Burton, right?

Atleast the VHS cover is still cool.

I have a couple VHS and posters that are autographed. Here's my latest VHS signed by Savini.

Lmao that cover is so different to the one on letterboxd/the blu-ray

Where did you get it signed? Do you go to conventions? I am definitely 100% of the opinion that conventions are bad and lame and people that go should probably kill themselves

>that cover is so different to the one on letterboxd/the blu-ray
Lmao
HAHAHA
kek
my fucking sides
ROTFLMAO
how fucking funny

glad you agree friend

I bought it like this, but I do go to conventions sometimes and get things signed..

Here's my favorite cover of that film too.

How fat is Drive user by now?

page 11 save rave

Pastrone invented the epic movie and deserves credit for many of the innovations often attributed to D.W. Griffith and Cecil B. DeMille.[2] Among those was the extensive use of a moving camera, thus freeing the feature-length narrative film from "static gaze".

Post em

Have you actually seen Cabiria? It's shit. Have you seen anything before Cabiria? It didn't do anything new. There were already epics in America dating back to 1911 and 12. Griffith moved the camera back in 1908. Porter moved the camera in 1903. That entry on Wikipedia is only there because Scorsese is pissed that the Italians didn't invent shit and made mediocre silents, and he constantly tries to sneak and connive his way into exploiting plebs that don't know shit about film history.
>the modern movie was invented with Journey to Italy
Guy's a soft exploitative manlet. Pic-related has all the elements Journey to Italy has.

>Griffith was RASCIST, racists can't innovate!!!

t. glorified blogger

I don't understand why /lbg/ still thinks Griffith is the peak because "he invented everything." Griffith transcends technique and formalism. He's one of the very few to ever actually know how to USE technique. And nobody has surpassed him. Film is a medium for autists. It attracts autists, and it's filled with nothing but autists. Griffith is not an autist, and never made a film in his life.

>Now let us fight to fulfill that promise. Let us fight to free the world! To do away with national barriers! To do away with greed, with hate and intolerance!
has one of these people made a film called Hatred before?

Griffith wasn't racist, he was an objectivist. No, I'm not talking about a nihilist jew, I'm talking about a god.

>The bringing of the African to America planted the first seed of disunion
Sounds pretty racist to me

>still thinking you can use any of Griffith's works as a way to pinpoint his ideology

youtu.be/5aQ9two44Nw?t=56

This nigga so ugly not even the griffith fag would fuck him

It's a fact. That's the brilliance of Birth. It' not about the Civil War, it's a microcosm for the bigger picture.

>that unneeded slow-motion shot for the sole purpose of visual flair
*guffaws*

Griffith did slow motion in Dream Street

I hate film.

I despise cinema.

What Griffith did not do is add repeat shots of the same scene that serve no purpose and add nothing.

Not one frame in any of Griffith's works is wasted. He favors formal considerations over surface stylizations.

You know I am a God. It's only inevitable that you bow down and worship my presence.

does megaautist go on Sup Forums?

Griffith doesn't use artificial means to entail audience perception a la Hitchcock or Bresson. Perspective shots are kept to a minimum, Griffith favors the iris and masking of the frame, an objective lens. He is not concerned with enticing, he is concerned with enlightening.

letterboxd.com/EverythingSucks/

Give me a follow lads

Capturing the essence of a layered reality stripped of artifice, juxtaposition reaching wider sum

>criterion
>arrow
No.

didn't he say Sup Forums was his only board?

Vittorio De Sica > D.W. Griffith

was gonna instantly drop you because of your name but all your favorites are some of mine as well

hey guys, I have shit taste but please rec me things
I'm too embarrassed to post my profile :p

don't be fucking gay just post your profile jesus christ

Oops!

:p

Drive, No Country, Requiem and Spiderman are your favorite movies?

Vittorio De Seta > Vittorio De Sica

this guy gets me

>D.W. Griffith is a good director

>I have shit taste
I have two eyes.

>I have shit taste
I've seen worse
pic related

Ron Howard > D.W. Griffith

they are all great movies even if they are kind of pleb picks for favorite, at least he's fucking honest I can guarantee that the majority of people here choose movies that make them look cool/smart over movies they actually like better. Only thing I don't understand is picking Spider-Man 1 over 2.

Only thing I don't understand is picking Spider-Man 1-3 over The Amazing Spider-Man 1-2

>self-deprecation
No sympathy from me

Oops!

I'm pretty sure megaautist really does only care about 30s movies and griffith

Requiem for a Dream and Drive are not top 5s and shouldn't be for anyone. Spiderman.. lol.

still right about the second sentence.

yikes

Willem Dafoe has more memes than the fucking guy that got killed in the beginning of Indiana jones lol

bad taste

Taking bets on who the attention whore op is
is it picture related?
is it Hentai
is it Fabs
or is it the mighty pinheadblunder

Criterion and Arrow are objectively shit labels

I have more fingers than Pete the NEET has films directed by D.W. Griffith watched.

Good for you?

>I hateee criterion and arrow so much my faves? anything on youtube :)

>pleb and proud

what does megaautist think of this review

Somebody post all pictures of amaranth

I meant the real ones

youtube.com/watch?v=FCGDi1f4zm8