/who/ - Doctor Who General

Patrician edition.

PREVIOUSLY:

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/3715294
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doctor Poo.

How has your day been /who/?

my wardrobe was a mess, dropped everything on the floor now, I am folding tshirts

Trying to make another audio cover at the moment after the one I made early this morning.

Also, you are now wanting a glass of water.

Uneventful, but now I'm eating pomegranate.

I had to do this the other day, I know the pain, but I listened to the new Time War audios while I did it... so, it ended up being pretty okay in the end.

>Uneventful, but now I'm eating pomegranate.
Is it gonna make it hard for you to type again?

Godspeed on your chores user
No I don't
Disgusting, just have a fucking grape REEEE

Susan's ankle, dare I say, btfo?

>being bullied for eating pomegranate
I followed... someone's advice and pulled all the seeds out before eating it.

Pomegranate is good, user!

I know the meaning of road rage now. So many morons where I live.

obliterate the pomegranate

There's a moped that's taken to doing stupid revs as it passes my house late at night
Along with the constant traffic, driving me insane

Let's be honest McGanon was that person Neo?

Leave Susan alone REEEEEEEEE. I do genuinely think she's one of the best companions (esp. if you include expanded universe stuff), what are your thoughts on her?

>user
THAT IS NOT MY NAME!
MY NAME IS THE...
WAR DAYBEEN

Rats, don't get too caught up into it, road rage can be real toxic. I've seen people scream at bloody ambulances, you're cool user, don't be that guy.
Fucking hate rev noises reeee
Make fruit juice with it!

BBC executives would have thought along these lines: "Hey, I know how to make the 12th Doctor more popular among the youth demographic: Let's have him be a cool rockstar who's wacky like Matt Smith and dress him like a young person; they'd like that wouldn't they? Then they'd buy more DVDs and action figures with him. I'm so damn clever!" Remember, these are the same people who commissioned Class.

Whether the new costume direction came directly from the executives or the costume department as a response to executive meddling in 12's character is irrelevant.

The First Doctor loosened up. The Ninth Doctor loosened up. The Twelfth Doctor in, for example, Mummy on the Orient Express would be unrecognisable from 12 in The Girl Who Died if he wasn't played by the same actor. Those are characters on the page.

>As far as I'm aware, almost everyone loves the "sloppier" style
That's nice for them. Some of us loved 12's original definitive style and were hugely disappointed when they didn't use the original buttoned-up shirt with formal coat as his primary look for the rest of his era like they did with EVERY OTHER DOCTOR. You can't deny that 12 has had the most wildly varying costumes for better or worse (it's worse). Pertwee had a new costume in almost every story but even then he was always "the Dandy".

goat

Wrong.

u wrong

What's your opinion on the middleground, like pic related?
It's got the cozy hoodie slouchiness, but also the sharp "proper" wardrobe that you like

I'm never wrong.

I hate that too. It's like three different costumes in one.

My cat has ringworm. I am upset. I might have ringworm.

Still procrastinating all of the uni work that's due tonight.

It hasn't been the best day.

perfection

>nd dress him like a young person
I don't know anything about britbong youth but what kind of young person dresses like that?

Do you genuinely think THAT looks better than this?

Yes

>it's worse
>wrong
>i'm never wrong
Remember when you specifically said "taste is subjective" to me? Whatever happened to that, eh? It's funny how you seem to think that only applies to you.

Trust me, costume has no impact on whether the kids care about him or not. The reason he's not as popular is BECAUSE he's not as forced and because he's nearly 60. Are you saying that "bow ties are cool" and "allons-y" weren't supposed to be forced memes?

Also, you seem to fail to realise that CAPALDI USED TO BE A FUCKING ROCK STAR. People said he was going to be 'the punk Doctor' before he appeared on screen and got his costume; they literally drew him in outfits similar to what he actually wears now. Besides, other than that single scene at the start of The Magician's Apprentice and the intro to Before the Flood, all the stuff he's played on guitar has been slow and mellow. Take the restaurant scenes in Hell Bent. Those weren't random or wacky, they literally had plot/character purposes and tied into Murray Gold's musical motifs.

As I said, there's no way they made Twelve into what he is for the money. If the BBC really wanted to make a lot of money from a marketable Doctor, they wouldn't have let Moffat cast Capaldi.

>Some of us loved 12's original definitive style and were hugely disappointed when they didn't use the original buttoned-up shirt with formal coat as his primary look for the rest of his era like they did with EVERY OTHER DOCTOR.
Yes, and? Other people love Capaldi's more casual style. Moffat wasn't catering to you and you only, he has his own visions for the Doctor. If they wanted to make him wear hoodies and t-shirts for marketability, they WOULDN'T HAVE HAD HIM WEAR THE RED VELVET SUIT, WHICH CAME AFTER THE HOODIE AND T SHIRT.

It's a clueless middle-aged TV executive's idea of how a young person dresses (and they did dress like that in the 80s). Either way it looks horrible to me.

this

>He dresses like a young Person!!
>Well it's what i think a young person dresses like!!
You're a fucking idiot

>(and they did dress like that in the 80s)

Hmm, let's think. Who was fairly young in the 80s and wore punk stuff, and played in a rock band with a guitar?

Urgh really sorry to hear that, hope the two of you get well soon. Do get on that uni work soon mate, I've also been procrastinating, here's a deal, if by like 11 you check in on the stream and we've both done what we want for the day I'll send you a cool meme or something.
m-me

the hoodie under the coat, became a tendency that Ive seen some jackets with fake sown hodies

I'm 22 and I dress pretty similar to both of these

lol alright sounds like a deal.

Not a britbong, but my aesthetic is soft Capaldi.

>he's actually trying to argue with Lym about capaldi costumes

I think Judy is just MelAnon with a trip.

no

i swear to god, you have to be trolling.

I don't get *all* my bright ideas from Neo, ya know.

>what are your thoughts on her?
I really like Susan, although I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you again and say she's not currently on my "best companion" list.

>WAR DAYBEEN
:-)

Embrace the pomegranate! (but not literally)

Post rare Capals

what about this for Jodie's costume?

>shirt untucked
ree

Yes but all of the good bright ideas.

Nah don't worry, she isn't for everyone and it took me a while for me to get past her FUCKING SCREAMING EVERY EPISODE FUCKS SAKE. I know I was in a very odd autismo mood yesterday and gave a bit of a grumpy vibe, but unless you say 10 is better than 1 (or unironically that he's not canon) I won't be disappointed!

>that smiley face
THIS IS NOT A GAME MCGANON, THIS IS WAR!

get it, because she's a woman and women wear the sexy things!

I really don't think he is. Judy's just being trolly at times. Melanon isn't trying to troll, indeed, he just honestly comes off as intelligent--except that there are certain concepts he doesn't get, and he's very condescending about the concepts he doesn't get, to the point of becoming obnoxious.

Melanon is an intelligent person, whose also...just doesn't get certain basic things, and is condescending about what he thinks you don't know.

>get it, because she's a woman and women wear the sexy things!
and why not she would if she wanted?

user, what do you think of this very short Susan fic I wrote a long time ago: archiveofourown.org/works/3715294

I'm not trolly with dw opnions, I just have shity taste
Im trolly with trip drama only

haha nae nae'd XD
I'll give it a look in a second, just gonna finish up a paragraph and I'll read it after that mate!

I'm fine for the Thirteenth Doctor wearing jewelry, or even lipstick.

But high heels is a no-no.

>File: Spoiler Image (118 KB, 640x800)
I unironically can't wait a year for the knock off versions of these to become available. Wouldn't care for it on doctor who however. I don't think it would even work for Jodie on her off time she's just not trashy enough.

Jodie booty = best booty

Are you one of those pedants who's going to make me say "in my opinion" after every opinion I express?

>costume has no impact on whether the kids care about him or not.
Not according to Colin Baker who says that children are drawn to his action figures because they're so colourful. Looks matter. And I think they matter even more for actors of a certain age like Capaldi. Young attractive people can pull off almost anything.

I hate those forced memes that you mention. Which is why I was so excited when Capaldi was cast; I thought it meant we were getting a much more dignified Doctor than 10 and 11. The older, fairly serious asexual Doctor that I'd been waiting for since Eccleston left.

>CAPALDI USED TO BE A FUCKING ROCK STAR.
Yeah, in his youth. Old rockers come across like embarrassing Dads. And I remember everyone talking about how Capaldi was going to be "the dark Doctor", and he was, more or less, for a short period. The guitar was an obvious gimmick for a Doctor who we were told wasn't going to have any.

Just because they let Moffat cast Capaldi doesn't mean they weren't nervous about the commercial effects of an older "less marketable" Doctor.

>Yes, and?
And they could and should have waited for another Doctor to come along before doing a radically different style for the Doctor rather than ruining it for people who liked what we already had.

Like I said, it's how young people dressed in the 80s and it looks horrible on a 55+ year old man like Capaldi. Learn to read.

maybe like theese

uh can I get

>get it, because she's a woman and women wear the sexy things!

Are you really so prude that jokes offend you?

Yes

>being this defensive about a mouthbreathing shitpost

Why is the heel a sheet metal hole drill bit? Is she knocking tin or doing duct work in those?

one more

yombo

Fuck off please

u dont like sexy heels?

>This is yombo com
>The only limit is yourself at yombo com
>Welcome to yombo com
>The infinite is possible at yombo com
>This is yombo com WELCOME

You see, history is a whitewash, because it is snowing, and they're in the past.

U see

The 12th Doctor's later years looks like a dad rocker...because Capaldi had more input into the Doctor, and he's a "dad rocker." The casual look matches the Twelfth Doctor. It represents that 12 doesn't care what you think he should wear--he wears whatever he wants.

It's funny you mention Colin, because the Sixth Doctor was also supposed to have a costume change. Colin actually disliked the coat, I belive. For Twelve, they actually managed to do the "change from darker Doctor to softer Doctor" that they were trying to do with Six.

(Personally, I think the hoodie suits Twelve more than the fancy look. )

>Are you one of those pedants who's going to make me say "in my opinion" after every opinion I express?
No, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of you saying that to me after I made a joke post and then going off and doing it yourself.

>Looks matter
I thought you said the look was bad? Also, this point makes no sense because Capaldi's velvet costume is way more colourful than his hoodie costumes.

>I thought it meant we were getting a much more dignified Doctor than 10 and 11
We did. And he mellowed out. But he's still "dignified" if you look at literally every episode past the first 20 minutes of The Magician's Apprentice. You could argue that Two and Four weren't "dignified" solely because they were more humorous than the incarnation before them. And Capaldi's Doctor is literally as asexual as you said you wanted him to be.

>Old rockers come across like embarrassing Dads.
Is that not the point? Both Clara and Missy literally said how out-of-character the scene in TMA was, because he was ready to die and wanted to relax for a bit.

>And I remember everyone talking about how Capaldi was going to be "the dark Doctor"
Yes, but nowhere did Moffat or Capaldi say Twelve was "the dark Doctor", it was only speculated by fans. I'm sorry if you got hyped for it.

>The guitar was an obvious gimmick for a Doctor who we were told wasn't going to have any.
Yes, the guitar he's played a total of five times onscreen. Real big gimmick there. Oh no, the Doctor is convincing kids to... become more musically creative and artistic?

>And they could and should have waited for another Doctor to come along before doing a radically different style for the Doctor rather than ruining it for people who liked what we already had.
But what about the people who like the style change? I remember so many people saying how boring Capaldi's outfit was when it was first revealed; it was a huge complaint and everyone was hoping he'd have something to set him apart from the other Doctors.

but the fancy was also from Capal's input, because he said he wanted to make it easy to crossplay
also
what he was wearing on Craig Ferguson

Wasn't the Whoodie also for ease of cosplay?

>also
both had his input

genuinely my least favourite capal. whatever that navy thing under the hoodie is (is it a waistcoat) doesn't fit at all and looks bad
genuinely my most favourite

Makes sense. My point is, the BBC never forced the Twelfth Doctor to change his wardrobe and personality, as far as we know. That was just natural evolution across series.

forced or not, It worked
and at least this was justified on screen with the young Davros plot

Well, didn't Twelve start wearing a Whoodie in Last Christmas?

Time Heist, although that was only a short scene. Still the one of the ones he uses regularly though.

>caring this much
why

what did he mean by this?

I recently watched Night Terrors. Found it pretty creepy.

Reported. Encouraging suicide for someone with mental issues isn't nice, at all.

>Encouraging suicide for someone with mental issues isn't nice, at all.
at least not on a blue board

I'll be making a version of this
suggests?

natural selection. live a faggot die a faggot

Capaldi chooses his own costumes. Nothing was forced on him.

>hoverhand

Go fuck yourself, it's an anonymous board, you won't get real attention (which is obviously what you want) by being a cunt to a good guy.

do one about lym and gothgirl posting

>Lym you've not posted anything in a while
>"2COOL4SCHOOL GOTTA GO FAST"
>run
>window
>"GOTTA GO FAST"
>Picture of Jess

Yep. Some of the stuff like the holey jumper was straight up just his own clothes.

That's not what natural selection means. Social Darwinism has nothing to do with real evolutionary theory, which is about the selection of traits in a species over time. That has nothing to do with the adaptibility of a person, and any actual evolutionary biologist would be disgusted by your bastardization of real science as justification to bully someone.

Reported again.

How about him reeing over Jodie?

>big words
Reckon he'd understand?

>Did you watch the newest Doctor Who? They mentioned capitalism and--
>WHAT!?!?
>runs off to Eruditorum Press

"Peter Capaldi wears a hoodie in the next Doctor Who episode"

>it's a series 8 revisionism episode

12's entire arc that series was about him being unsure of himself and finding out who he is. He doesn't change just in S9. It happened over the course of S8 too. The 12 that begins is not the same as the one that ends the series. If all you saw was "le dark malom tucker doctor XD" you weren't paying attention.

The reply isn't really for him. It's to make sure no one else falls into the trap of thinking that "survival of the fittest" justifies picking on "weaker" people.

I was banned from a forum on a site called Digital Spy for no reason other than criticizing the Diversity of the new Doctors companions.

Is this it, are they just banning people who speak out now?

This. Twelve was hardly even dark in Series 8, other than the "good man" stuff.

>Being slightly rude to people =/= dark