Who was in the right? Cap or Tony?

Who was in the right? Cap or Tony?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UJ0ZL9s7gQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cap

Stark

That idiot dragged a teenager into an armed conflict.

Cap. Tony was a dumb faggot in this movie that fucked everything up over a shitty emotional appeal.

but was right, for the greater good

Zemo.

This. He should have just put the video on youtube though.

No one was right - everyone acted out of their own dependencies and delusions while being too arrogant to explain their real motivations to each other and all that was rightfully abused by the villain who wanted to show everyone how dangerous a human with godlike power combined with human weaknesses can be

Why shouldn't super heroes be regulated?

>"Hey, my best friend Tony. Bucky was obviously brainwashed so why don't we just calm down, have a seat and discuss how we should address this problem."
>"Of course, my friend"
THE END.

Why should they, and by whom?

Spiderman is stronger than Tony, though...

Anyway, I don't know who is right. Tony wanted accountability? Cap wanted to do whatever they thought was necessary?

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?

JUSTice League

In any other world, "I was brainwashed" would be a laughable defense. Cap was kinda retarded.

By the government they operate under because what if one goes rogue?

Tony

Vision, as always

The movie just did a shit job compared to the comic. In the comic the situation is understandable. A group of immature, untrained heroes cause a mass casualty incident calling for a need for responsibility and training, through which we get the initiative program. In the movies we get the laughably low number of casualties from Avengers 1 and 2. Then we get the Scarlett Witch incident. So if Wanda leaves the grenade, a whole crowd of people street level die, including Cap most likely. She chooses to redirect the blast and accidentally gets a number of people killed. So what.

At least in the comic you could understand Tony's point of view for a while until he and Reed started doing stupid shit like phantom zone prison, villains as cops, and cloning Thor. In the films there is no way to believe his side and it just turns into "SHE'S MY MOM".

A counter argument to that is what if the government has plans they don't agree with? They would basically control WMD's... in addition to whatever they already have, except heroes are more selective of who they kill.

>"Well that's a weird coinkidink."
>proceed stabbing Supes
THE END.

In addition, Tony assures Cap in both comic and film that the government will be the only ones with access to the superhero files. In comics, SHIELD or the gov't is infiltrated every month, in the movies, SHIELD has been essentially run by HYDRA for as long as we've seen it. Real safe for secret identity files.

>By the government
The same government that was so inept that it handed over their keys to the planet over to Nazis, brilliant.

Literally Bob. Sentry takes his orders and just fucks shit out without remorse.

Dude suddenly appeared after 60 years presumed dead without aging killing people and fucking brainwashing gets thrown out the window?

Tony in the comics. Sorta both in the movie.

Isn't the point of the movie that there wasn't a right or wrong? Tony was acting hella irrational because of his emotions though

Cap
>Thanos attacks Earth
>UN committee overseeing Avengers expresses their deep concerns

HE KILLED MY MARTHA!

Let’s see. There’s Captain America, the superhero that all superheroes look up to. Or the (((UN))), a cabal of unelected foreigners that want to rule the world. Hmm, that’s a hard choice. I will chose the side that aren’t pedophiles working for George Soros.

Cap

No way!

Wait, what? I know who sentry is, who the fuck is Bob?

>show bobs an vajeen

youtube.com/watch?v=UJ0ZL9s7gQw
>New York
Alien invasion that couldn't have been prevented, they stopped the government from nuking the city
>Washington, D.C.
The government, infiltrated by Hydra, almost slaughters half the planet and instates the fourth Reich, stopped by Cap
>Sokovia
They clean up Tony's mess
>Lagos
Avoidable civilian casualties, but it's important to note that they were only in Lagos because the Hydra operative was still butthurt about Hydra's plan failing.
Using just this scene, we can see that the only people that need to be kept in check are the government, or Tony. If we look at the MCU at large, we see this even further. A good half of the movies in the MCU happen because of Tony, and the other half happens because of the government or some cosmic force that can't be controlled. Cap was right.

Cap.

Tony acts entirely out of guilt but even if you consider his own argument for the Accords, the only hero who actually fits the description of a Super Hero who invites and incurs the villains they fight is Tony himself.

Nearly every other hero in the Marvel world was actually a reaction to a super villain who appeared on their own.

Beyond that, expecting the UN to be responsible or efficient or not corrupt is ridiculous. I might remind you that Saudi "Behead the infidels" Arabia is the head of the UN Human Rights council. Legitimately just a few years ago, Hydra revealed that it infiltrated the US government at nearly every level.

There is absolutely not reason to trust government in the Marvel universe.

Tony was the only one who needs government oversight to keep in check, every other hero does their fucking best to minimize damage as a fucking charity to society, they don't get paid for that shit

Fuck off Sup Forumsfaggot.

I'm just saying that the defense is ridiculous. In the real world, letting something like that slide, and saying that is an acceptable defense, would invalidate every crime ever committed and to be committed. You are accountable for your actions whether or not you were under the influence, and you would think someone like Cap would know that, being the "defender of truth and justice" and all that shit. They didn't even prove Bucky's innocence either. Seems to me like he should have accepted it, went to jail (which would have solved a lot of problems to begin with) and they tried to figure out what really happened after that... instead of literally causing another world wide incident that put them in that position in the first place.

Bob is his real name

If they want to fight crime then they accept the "danger to loved ones" just like cops do.

Stark only because the story was setup to support Cap by having Hydra infiltrate levels of government. If that wasn't the case, Cap would have no excuse.

Nah, try
>Thanos is on his way
>UN has to convene and deliberate for 24 hours before precautions can be taken so that Russia or China don't feel threatened by Heroes approaching their borders to cover the most surface area since they don't know where Thanos will touch down

Justice is coming for you, scumbag.

>In the real world

That my friend, now makes perfect sense. Thanks.

Really? There's absolutely no reason not to trust the governments of the world to control a group of effectively invincible super heroes (aside from other supers).

Yeah, like I said... It's based on our world, so we can make assumptions about what is and isn't.

Justice isn't a facist ideal cuntfacedcunt, have a nice day.

You're not wrong. I'm saying the movie made it too convenient to support Cap's side

Here's an example;

>"I'm sorry, sir, I didn't see that child in the street when I "accidentally" ran them over. I had a few drinks, but I would also like to say that I was being brainwashed by a top secret criminal organization and I can't be held accountable for my actions in this particular instance".

>for the greater good

Stark doesn't give a shit about the "greater good". He only wants to save his own ass. Stark is the one that built an army of genocidal robots. He and he alone is the guilty one. That's why he signed on as the UN’s bitch. Out of self guilt and self pity. The spoiled billionaire didn't want to suffer the consequences for his actions.

Stark is a horrible leader. He can't even control himself. He's too selfish and arrogant to put the team first. Pepper Pots acted as Stark's conscience because he had none of his own. She left him. He treated Wanda like a criminal, so she switched sides. Black Widow was willing to work for the UN, but left after one day when she realized Rodgers was right again. All Stark has left is his crippled sidekick and the robot that crippled him. Some leader.

>By the government

If governments weren't so corrupt, then superheroes wouldn't be needed in the first place.

Well that's more a factor of the world that's been built.
I mean it makes sense that a Super Nazi group tries to infiltrate and goes underground when they're beat.
And again, the issue is that the only hero who actually causes villains to show up is Tony:
>Whiplash
>Stane
>Killian
>Ultron

Which answer doesn't lead to them replacing half of the Avengers with the silly new faces?

Cap.

The fact is you can't leave it to the government to decide who or what gets to have the help of superheroes. There's no time for proper channels to be worked when something catastrophic is happening. This isn't even taking into account all the shady shit the government would do with the heroes to promote their own agenda.

I didn't see this one
can someone give me a basic gestalt

>Hey Cap, let's do this.
>Nah, Tony, let's do this.
>Fuck you, nigga
>le epic CGI fites

>saying that is an acceptable defense, would invalidate every crime ever committed

WTF? Everything you said is completely wrong. Hawkeye was brainwashed and murdered dozens of innocent people. Do you want Hawkeye to be thrown in prison next to Bucky?

Well bud movies with super heroes are not the real world

>Do you want Hawkeye to be thrown in prison next to Bucky?
Yes.

Read the chain before responding, you ignorant faggot.

I did and all you’ve been saying is it’s based on the real world, which it’s not

Cap was right but the issue of superhero registration is sort of forgotten about by the end.

>Just got done saving the world from Hydra who had infiltrated the highest security-positions in the country
>hey guys let's tie ourselves to at best bureaucrats who'll take too long to okay our intervention, or at worst a bunch of hydra-goons keeping us from doing anything important

It's hard to make Civil War make even less sense than in the comics but they sure did it.

>the last two super villain problems were created by a secret government organization and tony stark
>so obviously the solution to this problem is a secret government organization lead by tony stark

Brilliant.

those who refuse to pay to watch such mediocre and childish movies

Retard, you clearly do not understand the movie you're watching... which is ok, because the movie was shit and forgettable, so no one should be arguing about it anyway.

Since you clearly watch rick and Marty and have a higher level of mental capacity than the rest of us, explain it to us plebeians

1. I haven't seen Rick and Morty, so quit trying to deflect from your shit argument.
2. I'm not repeating the same shit you can easily go up and read, in the chain you said you read but clearly didn't because you're a fucking moron.

>A group of immature, untrained heroes cause a mass casualty incident calling for a need for responsibility and training
Except what really happened was that a villain whose only power is to blow up got hooked on super-drugs that made him more powerful and then blew himself the fuck up. It wouldn't have mattered if the Avengers showed up to take him in, he'd have blown himself up anyway. They were just lucky that he was in some small-town, rather than NYC.

And then everyone focused on the one surviving kid being punished and turned him emo, rather than chasing the supervillain who chose to kill everyone. The only reason the story worked straight from the beginning is because Marvel civilians are a goddamn lynchmob.

>Spiderman's first villain in Homecoming is literally made by Tony Stark
Tony Stark literally drives 90% of the plot of the Marvel Universe.

Mark my words, Thanos will accuse him of kicking his dog and guilt Tony into giving over all the Infinity Stones

Police Officer's aren't one man wrecking crews that take you down. A single cop won't have repeated run-ins with the same villain, so why would a villain care about killing his family. When meddling little Peter Parker foils your plans once a week, you're going to murder his family and girlfriend.

I’m not arguing with you I’m talking to you, is it so hard to believe that a superhero who’s friend comes back after decades, who knows him better than anyone, maybe just maybe has had someone messing around in his head?

SHIELD which compromised basically since it's inception.

During New York attack government chose to launch an atomic missile into the center of the city and complains about minor casualties after the fact to cap and crew.

Tony literally creates a deadly super AI by fucking around yet he's the one that thinks the other avengers need to be put in check?

The whole thing is clown shoes.

Avengers are asked to be under government control. why? well obviously governments want to be #1 power always, but also because heroes have to much freedom. refusing to do so makes them public enemies.

Tony thinks it's best, because he thinks the Avengers have been doing a shit job of actually saving people. the whole thing with Ultron left thousands dead, Scarlet Witch killed a few hundred by accident, the Hulk vs Hulkbuster fight killed many as well. he thinks Avengers should be liable, and should be regulated by the government .

Cap disagrees. what if the government wants them to do something the don't want to do? what if there's an evil that needs to be taken care of, but they aren't allowed to engage it? the government, also, is corrupt as fuck. lets shine on our own, nigga.

so they split. eventually tensions rise, they fight, more than once.

>"I don't care, he killed my mum"

And Sup Forums said RDJ cannot act.

>armed conflict
>the airport scuffle
they literally stopped because someone got hurt.

This is 100% spot on

They should be treated as freelancers.

I.E, if the government tells them to go out and destroy the entirety of Swizerland they should have the right to just go no, fuck that. I'm going to bed, but at the same time they should only be able to accept contracts from the goverment(s).

The Avengers were already a government team though. With detailed files on each of them both professionally and personally.

Yeah but the fact that he brought a kid into the fray meant that that someone who could get hurt could have been an underaged kid.

They didn't stop fighting because someone got hurt, each person stopped fighting for a different reason.
Tony tried to catch Rhodes
Black PAnther tried to and failed to grab the jet.
The whole thing is that it wasn't about beating the other guys, it was about Bucky and Cap reaching Zemo