THE (bad) CLONE WARS

Someone please explain to me why this is so highly regarded among fans! Dialogue is hamfisted and often preachy. Animation looks like a video game cutscene. Action sequences are stiff and either edited to be too slow or shot to appear confusing. Not to mention, figures (clones, battle droids, other important characters) will often just be in the background of fights,standing around and doing nothing but crowding the scene.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9T_lacP-iPA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Orange buttcheeks.

are you talking about the pilot movie or the entire series? I thought the pilot movie was pretty fucking bad but the series is much better especially after the midpoint

I'm talking about the series in it's entirety

First few seasons are pretty underwhelming, but it does get better, and it does a much better job of illustrating Anakin's fall than the movies.

Doesn't Anakin get his memories erased at some point in the series though?

Flop-sweaty start, but managed to maneuver itself into being a decent teenage-level intrigue/war show.

Does a better job of showing the war as an actual war, rather than grandiose clusterfucks or stylish battle insertions (sorry, Genndy).

Decent characterization and bantz, enough that it completes some of the characterization course-correction Genndy started. Gennedy-Anakin, CW-Anakin and Movie-Anakin are basically three totally different people, but the only one that totally lacks merit as a character is Movie-Anakin.

>fight literally stops for Anakin to take a couple forks out of his arms
>fight constantly cropped by left frame

>Magna Guards doing nothing in background

youtube.com/watch?v=9T_lacP-iPA

>Dialogue is hamfisted and often preachy.
Just like Star Wars.
>Animation looks like a video game cutscene
Just like Star Wars (the prequel trilogy).

>Doesn't Anakin get his memories erased at some point in the series though?
No, that's stupid. There's a sort of 'what if' scenario in one episode where Anakin is shown a vision of his possible future. This memory disappears.

They don't want to kill him. They want to turn him.

If anybody has the updated version post it.

>Anakin is shown a vision of his possible future. This memory disappears

>memory disappears

hmmmm, almost like it was erased?

Clone Wars basically redeems a lot of the prequels. This show made Anakin a likable and good character, so that should say something. Ok yeah the first two seasons are pretty bad and the movie is cringe tier.

Once they got their budget in Season 3, the show just gets better in everything. Better writing, animation, and backgrounds. It's almost like a new show. They actually flesh out a lot of characters and looked at different parts of the war like humanizing the clones and they had an episode where Padme visits her friend on the Separatist homeworld, showing the CIS aren't like Dooku.

Looking at your replies here, you're probably some shit-wars guy variant, but this is usually why Clone Wars is highly regarded.

>Animation looks like a video game cutscene
Excellent then.

Yeah? So what? I was refuting an entirely different point there. He loses the memory of one short event, not tons of memories & development like the dude was imlpying.

But go on, ignore the obvious point made and concentrate on my choice of words, please.

>the first two seasons are pretty bad
Wipe this meme from the face of the earth. They're pretty good, with some mediocre moment in season one. Hardly any actually bad episodes.

>the movie is cringe tier.
It's like 50 minutes of good in a ~80 minute package. It's not as bad as anybody claims. It only falls apart at the last 'episode's' worth of content.

The show doesn't just suddenly get good at season 3. It's starts decent and improves non-stop until the very end.

Rebels and D*sney Wars in general (TFA, RO, the godawful Marlel comics) made it seem much better in retrospect.

>Dialogue is hamfisted and often preachy
>Action sequences are stiff
Sounds like Star Wars to me, alright.

> the CIS aren't like Dooku

political idealists?

Confederation of
Independent
Systems

it has 2 stars on netflix for a reason

It has over 4 1/2 for me

Is it 2008 again?

Because 90% of Star Wars fans are casual as fuck.

The Tartakovsky Clone Wars animated series and the rest of teh old Legends EU canon is where it's at.

>teh old Legends EU canon is where it's at.
"it" being cancer, that is.
~70% of EU is shit and you know it.

>fight stops for anakin to take a couple of forks out of his arm
you mean it stops for literally two seconds? who would rush him while doing that, he still has control over his lightsaber

The Clone Wars is fucking based.

Stop being a bunch of contrarian faggots.

>implying the new Disney canon shit doesn't already have a bunch of cancer shit
Eat any of the rocks that give you force powers lately?

ok.

what?

wait what does genedy have to do with all this.

Referring to the original Clone Wars series from 2003.

>Sky Guy
Vomit inducing.

You sound like either a retard or a troll.