What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Not directed by George Lucas

Went full fanservice instead of at least some modicum of originality.

Basically ANH remade for ADHD ridden audiences.

Kathleen Kennedy, Jew Jew Abrams, Feminism, Disney suits, etc.

Jj

Mousecucks
Fanboys
JJ Abram

Who actually greenlighted a script about blowing up a third, bigger deathstar?

creatively bankrupt since 1983

Disney

This is honestly the worst entry in the series.

I thought it was good. Turned into a great pleb filter.

1) Unlikable protagonist who is magically good at everything
2) Backstory makes no sense and relies on interquel novels
3) Rushed pacing that shuttles the characters from boring locale to the next boring locale
4) Pointless call-backs, quips, and JJ Mystery Boxes (tm)

Adam Driver as Kylo Ren is the only good thing about the movie.

Two years later and you still can't figure out what you don't like?

>Backstory makes no sense and relies on interquel novels
Trust me you don't even want to know the back story to this shit fest. It's really that bad.

look at the company that bought the franchise. now look at the regisseur.

This

It's greatest crime is not expanding the Universe and recycling the OT shit we've seen before. I mean how lazy can you be.

I've never seen it. No interest. Is it good or bad?

I know some already--that the FO was set up by the Imperial 'Shadow Council', and all the shit with Leia, Kylo/Ben falling to the dark side, and political machinations in the Republic happened six years before the movie's events. What am I missing?

JJ'a Marvel tier ass

It's at least good enough to watch once. Even if you just watch for Adam Driver alone.

It's kinda like eating tuna salad that has a bit too much mayo, lime and chunk sized onions.

>expanding the universe

not what the movies are about, kiddo. When Star Wars tried to """""world-build"""" we got the prequels, which were completely devoid of any competent characterization or narrative structure, instead sacrficing them for boring space C-Span and hamfisted political commentary on the Bush administration and the Iraq War.

seriously, go watch the original cut of ANH and see how little '"""world-building""" there is. All you really have are a couple of vague lines about the Clone Wars and the roundtable discussion between the Imperial Commanders, which is mostly just background chatter to set up Vader choking that dude. Almost any attempt at """""world-building"""" was left on the cutting room floor, because the editors knew that shit doesn't matter with the context of a film narrative and would have lost the audience. Seriously, who cares about Biggs and Luke talking about Imperial collectivization of moisture farms? The problem is that you kids want to treat Star Wars like a real place

Oh it was just a general question, i know very well what is wrong about this movie for me.

FPBP

World-building my ass, the First Order basically showed up out of fucking nowhere. Nothing about them makes sense, even with the interquel novels. Where the fuck are they getting Stormtroopers when it's explicitly stated that they don't use clones and were lurking in the Unknown Regions for 30 years?

I saw it and now have absolutely no intnent to watch the empire strikes back remake or anything else in the de universe. Completely uninteresting and repainted

>What went wrong?
Literally zero Hershlag. Also, shit writing.

No likeable characters.

There's a lot of truth in this. As a whole, it's very little else than lazy fan service.

Post jewesses pregnant with goy seed

It leans a little too heavily on nostalgia for the original film but it's a well made and exciting action movie with solid direction, a tight script, and good characters, Boyega and Driver especially

Anyone who uses hyperbole like "worse than the prequels!" or "worst movie ever!" are being intellectually dishonest and they have some kind of agenda influenced by factors outside the movie itself, like "reeee evil disney corporate jews" or "reeee feminism in muh star wars" or "george was le misunderstood auteur" meme. Seriously, just look at how angry the (You)s will be simply for me saying I liked the movie, that should be evidence enough

>indoctrinated as an empire sympathizing first order stormtrooper from birth
>"HAN SOLO THE WAR HERO?!"
>friend is killed, doesn't want to fight anymore
>helps the guy who killed his friend escape, guy kills more of his friends while he cheers him on
>"You looked at me like no one ever had"
>literally attacked him on sight, kept bickering with him
>"He was my best soldier"
>janitor on starkiller base
is Finn the most poorly written SW character to ever exist?

>Finn
>worst character
>not Rey
What the fuck are you smoking?

Finn is the simplest and easiest character in the movie to understand, if you think he's poorly written you're either being deliberately obtuse or you're actually stupid

will TLJ be able to save this dumpster fire of a trilogy?

>is Finn the most poorly written SW character to ever exist?
Rey is.

Rey is easily

His motive makes no sense. He wa raised with his fellow storm troopers, and he whoops and hollers in happiness as he slaughters dozens of them

This user has summed it up

What I want to know is how the fuck female characters are being written worse in 2017 than they were in the 80s.

He just never "fit in".

Because of female writers and SJW's.

females written by men (actual humans) vs females written by females (Mary Sue's)

Okay that's reason enough for him to runs away, not mercilously slaughter the only people he's ever known with so much happiness

I agree with you, it's just the only reason I could come up with. They make him seem like the only storm trooper with any sort of conscious.

That's basically what Kylo did. Finn and Kylo's story arcs honestly seem to parallel each other much better than comparing Kylo and Rey's.

plenty of women who can write women, they just aren't in hollywood lol

Gender doesn't matter, if anything shows in the past 10 years, almost nobody in Hollywood can write

Is this the most pointless and unnecessary character in the whole series?

>pointless and unnecessary
literally the entire film

this

How in the fuck is she back in a position of power and not immediately executed for aiding in killing thousands if not millions of her comrades

because they need her to sell more action figures

>***Ruins your franchise***

Just turn your brain off bro and enjoy the movie!

Don't forget to grab the popcorn and a sody pop!

Also remember to purchase your porg Star Wars themed cup at your local theatre!

It could've been any actress as Rey and it doesn't matter, the writing was the real culprit.

fpbp

this and a thousand other things

I disagree with your opinion ,friendo!

:(

Wasted potential includes:
1) bad casting
2) recycled plot
Disney had every resource imaginable at their disposal and they squandered that opportunity.

>good characters

Daisy a cute. Cute!!!

Not stopping after VI

It's rare to hear that. I'm glad you feel that way, anonpai.

I dont like the fact the villian got his ass kicked at the end it should of been a stalemate or ren having a moment of hesitation... b4 the earthquake

i think the new movie will rely less on nostalgia tho

>it should of been a stalemate or ren having a moment of hesitation
but then Kathleen's self insert MaRey Sue would have had to show weakness and we can't have that even once

>saltworldhoth.jpg

Adorable. Star Wars: The Reddit Blacked Cucked Awakens apologists are insufferable. You're all cuckolds who are going to get cut down by me and my god given right to own a firearm in the inevitable race wars started by the zionist kikes and their nigger slaves. Rey is a Mary Sure and I hate women, they shouldn't be allowed to fucking vote or be educated let alone hold a lightsaber. I like the prequel because the entire cast is white like it should be and Samuel Jackson has been sold to me as a "cool" black guy so it's acceptable. Star Wars was created for god-fearing americans such as myself and kids shouldn't be allowed to own toys of black characters. JJ Abrams has ruined this franchise and George Lucas is our saviour.

Is it me or Daisy attractiveness highly depends on her haircut?

jesus christ

It depends on her clothing.

3/10, uttter garbage.

Anyone that says different is a fucking mindless consumer, a redditor, a feminist, or a child/manchild.

Nothing about this was good. It was a remake of ANH. The characters were forced. Acting sucked. The villain was a little bitch, and his "crossguard" lightsaber was literally the most retarded thing I have ever seen. It felt like a Marvel movie. It had a cliffhanger ending with 10 unanswered question by the end. Rey was a fucking Mary Sue.

>Implying the prequels were bad
Episode 1 was a 5.7/10. Episode 2 was a 7.2/10. Episode 3 was an 8/10.
>buh buh the acting wuz SHITTT!!!
hello Pleddit! It was actually nuanced and if you can't see that you have no place here. I was not the best, but the actors all played their roles decently well.
The overarching story was one of the best I've seen. The movies were on par with the originals, which are honestly overrated desu.

Can you remember anything from TFA? No. Plain looking cast, stupid plot. Terrible, and if you say different, you again have no place here.

>tfw it never touched Avatar despite the hype
Fucking lel.

I was thinking more of the angle and lighting

You would be correct.

>tfw Ep 8 is guaranteed to make gorillions and SW will dominate the 'sci-fi' market for at least another decade

Go back to Sup Forums!!!!

they made a ride for disney world instead of a movie

>What went wrong?
jews jewing

A soft reboot. Star wars didn't need this. It even went the retro scifi look (what the fuck)

Disney being the champions of sjw bullshit also hurts it. Okay, it has a female lead, we can live with this, that's not a problem, but then you throw a black guy with the biggest side-way nose i've ever seen as a stormstrooper, a latino, a jewish bat eared villain and then a chinese girl in the last jedi and you have a problem. It's waaay too diverse and it's obvious.

Tell me atleast one based actor/character in TFA

Chewbacca

I can't be the only one who liked kylo ren? He was fun to watch. Less so when he took off the mask though.

forgot to mention
>which didnt appear in any other star wars movie

TR8R

*crickets

>Jewish
When will you fucking anglos admit you're just as ugly?

PORG

>hugs Rey instead of leis after Han dies.

Not based in this movie

>hurr durr he's not handsome
i actually liked that villain is ugly-cute

>It leans a little too heavily on nostalgia
That's quite the understatement.

>anglo
kurwa im slavic, the longest and strongest geneology line living

Rey shouldn't have been the main character. Plain and simple.