Why does Tumblr likes Vitiligo so much?

Why does Tumblr likes Vitiligo so much?

I don't get it

Michael Jackson was a great performer.

Aesthethic

This has to be freaky as fuck, to be black and watch yourself slowly turn into a white person. I'd be like fuck who's stealing my blackness

What does this have to do with comics or cartoons?

>How do I make a minority a minority even in their own community?

>ywn see Marvel or DC or any comic company create a superhero who has Vitiligo
meh

Tumblr is a cult of Nurgle. Oh, I know what you think, "But user! Nurgle is all about stagnation and rot!" That he is, but consider the teeming mass of diseases he creates, and the multitude of shapes they come in! Theirs is the cancerous growth, a tumor of useless flesh that sucks the life out of the body.

As such, a little disease like vitiligo is cute, and a clear sign that Nurgle has blessed someone.

It's a rare and yet highly visible skin condition, and also can be seen as strangely beautiful in the right conditions. Therefore it's perfect to make your character that extra bit of a special snowflake.

Not Sup Forums related, you're all reported for being tumblr fags

Well the Brits had a crunch in workers and people in the colonies tended to drop like flies, so when they had finally run out of poor and Irish, they had to find some other source of manpower to run the economy in North America that was meant to offset the cost of keeping colonies.

The guilt of being aware that your ancestors (if they weren't slaves, that is) were parasites living in a giant british wellfare-program-wonderland is what defines US race relations.

I'm a white person with vitiligo.

You can't see it usually but if I go out in the sun the patches that have been effected can't tan, they simply burn.

So first off I turn into a white person with red spots.
Then I turn into a tanned person with white spots.

same reason weebs love that double eye color thing

They are on a quest to save the world. They have to blackwash everything in order to combat decades of whitewashing. That's how you force change. Turning every character into a genderfluid knob nosed chubby POC. Or whatever their stupid hipster activism lingo is now.

It makes me sick too, and I'm black.

Or maybe the truth is less obnoxious: They ran out of flesh color crayons.

They're really racist

shorthand lazybones way for tumblr "artists" to make their agendered biflexural slowmoromantic ambiguously brownish character even more special

Honestly it looks cool as long as it isn't on the person's face

if you think burn victims are cool, then yes

I don't have vitiligo, but I have halo nevi all over which basically show up as bright pink spots after any time in the sun
most of the spots on everyday exposed skin have blended in gradually, but the hair coming from those spots is pure white

A lot of people liked Hanako, the shy half bacon girl from Cripple Girls

Modern heterochromia phenomena. That originally got popular because it made characters look "unique" since everyone had been doing it for decades and the onset of racially aware kids making brown characters with special snowflake skin disorder accomplishes the same goal.

I'm sure the kids are used to it by the time they truly develop ideas of race that they link with skintone. They're probably more fucked up by the fact everyone looks at them like they're a weirdo.

That's not because she's cool though.