How the FUCK has she of all characters become DC's flagship female protagonist...

How the FUCK has she of all characters become DC's flagship female protagonist? I've seen this development unfold over the years myself with my own two eyes, but I still can't make sense of it.

Shouldn't she be the mascot character for those TCC sluts or something, instead of a quirky protagonist being played totally straight? Yeah, she's suffered abuse in her origin (like literally EVERY OTHER major bat-villain), but the big difference with her- is that literally every bad thing that has ever happened to her has been her own fucking fault. Her whole motive for becoming a costumed villain, occasionally comparable to The Joker, has been "because she wants to".

>How the FUCK has she of all characters become DC's flagship female protagonist?
Women like her because, unlike the inhibited, covered up and bitchy alternatives getting pushed onto them in comics, she represents the freedom to do anything they want, dress sexy if they want, have wild times if they want and she has an bad boy/girl in her relationship. She's the embodiment of freedom of expression and fun, which is what most women really want. Men like her because she's attractive and quirky. Throw in a bit of nostalgia for the cartoons and there you go.

Arkham Asylum gave her a gigantic boost in popularity and recognition

>protagonist
I will never forgive this. Let's turn Joker good next, why the fuck not. Riddler too. You know who'd make a great anti hero and role model for 12 year old girls? Charles Manson! And John Wayne Gacey too why not.

The Batman brand is incredibly popularon the mainstream. She dates a bad boy. She is quirky and funnay.

Women can choose between:

>Crazy, fun-loving power fantasy that looks hot.
>Covered up dyke-hair fascist.

I also don't understand the appeal, OP.

Whores like whores. Simple.

Power fantasy is only a thing when it's whthout white males though

It's all about design. It's a good design.

Except no recent incarnations of Harley even follow her original design.

>Sup Forums: I don't understand women!
Fitting.

They are all nice.

I UNDERSTAND!

>She dates a bad girl

FTFY

>But the big difference with her- is that literally every bad thing that has ever happened to her has been her own fucking fault
>But still portait the victim
Her I can totally not see how woman could get behind this.

>How the FUCK has she of all characters become DC's flagship female protagonist?

She hasn't. That's Wonder Woman.

>Riddler too.

But The Riddler: Consulting Detective was the best move they ever did with him.

I agree that her conversion makes no sense. Even less so this assumption by her fans that like it that it's "in character".

Mad Love is the quintessential look at Harley and what she is. One of the best New Adventures Episodes and shows that she's as much a victim of her own stupidity and delusion as she is of Joker's backhand.

The fact that the comics have removed that - and downplayed her being Joker's Number Three Gal - and put a vitriolic yet somehow functioning rapport with some heroes disturbs me, especially considering just how dangerous and involved she was in favor of some "omg look at this quirky chick yay".

Not really.

DC keeps trying to "fix" what isn't broken with Wonder Woman and keeps failing spectacularly

They don't care what works and what doesn't work with Harley, they just push her out there.

Because DC won't stop shoving her in our faces.

Despite the fact that she was only tolerable--at best--in the DCAU and absolutely nowhere else.

>That's Wonder Woman.
I guarantee normies know more lore about Harley than they do WW.

Heck, I'm pretty sure more people know Harley's origin story than they do WW and even before Suicide Squad

Not 'til the movie comes out.

This is how EVERYONE feels about you Boco.

What's Boco's DCAU?

Riddler was good for a rather long while.
Joker, rather short.

Harley being popular is no more strange than dear old Frank Castle being popular.

I feel like the Arkham games have a lot to do with it. She's just super recognizable to normies.

Ya know what? I'm legitimately offended by that.

Or at least the implication that my voice can shatter glass.

I'm sure Harley is more popular right now, but WW is more known. Even if people don't buy her merchandise or read her stories, everybody knows her name, and she is considered the ephitome of a female superhero.

Like how Captain America and Iron Man are more popular than Superman now, but the later still is much more iconic.

It's true, though.

post more harley feet

My voice is not anywhere NEAR that screechy, thank you.

All women want to be looked at as sexy and desired.

But they don't want to be saddled with responsibility.

Harley has no responsibility and gets to have fun. So what she's shallow. Better than bores like WW and captain Marvel.

I almost got triggered when you said Captain Marvel but then I remembered that the whore has his name now.

>why the fuck not. Riddler too.

But they did for a while. Did you just start reading comics in the 2010's?

>Even if people don't buy her merchandise or read her stories, everybody knows her name, and she is considered the ephitome of a female superhero.
But that's the problem

>*Insert funny comic about girl calling WW an inspiration without knowing a single thing about her or what she likes about her here because I can't find it*

>2010 was 25 years ago

she has twilight sparkle's voiceactor

Because they finally realized they have a girl version of Deadpool.

This.
Also I extremely hate Bruce Timm because he created the perfect Harlequin character, the name, original design, voice, everything. I will never be able to design a better harlequin/jester type character.

Someone explained it before. It's because she is a girl who can do anything she wants with zero consequences. She can kill anyone, break anything, fuck anyone anywhere, be a generally annoying cunt and get away with it all. This makes her the poster child that every girl wants to grow up to be.

>Power fantasy is only a thing when it's whthout white males though

It's a thing for women too, just in a different way.

Because she's hot as fuck.

What does "flagship" mean?
Serious question. I'm still learning English.

She has that "Xd so random humor" deadpool thing while being a hot chick, so doubly appeals to the stereotypical autistic comic customer.

it's something you put in front of everything else to show it off
originates from a naval term where the flag ship would be at the front of your fleet so whoever you were attacking could see what country was fighting them

this isn't a gwenpool thread

>Batman TAS and the DCAU literally created her
>Every fucking toy released uses the designs from the DCAU
>DCAU is still dead and gone forever

It means like the #1 example of something

Ah okay, thanks

>claim she is a flagship character
>Nightwing sells more than her in physical copies and digital copies

Design is definitely a huge part, but also her personality. She's a fun character. When people are drawn to a character, most of the time they're drawn to the traits at the surface, and that's just what they look and act like. On those points Harley has a similar appeal that Spider-man has.

...right. A flagship character.

Cap'd for truth.

Catwoman embodies the exact same qualities, though. Plus cat theme is better than clown theme.

Catwoman seems to be acting most of the time. Her sexyness comes off as fake and forced.

Catsuits aren't as comfortable

I think Catwoman is the more appealing power fantasy as a woman, although I can see why others might prefer Harley.
Selina's got more of a conscience, too.

She appeals alot to american white women's number one fantasy being the whore fucktoy of a complete psychopath

When I was young, I had a crush on Harley Quinn.

Then I grew up and realized Catwoman made more sense.

It's forced outside of comics especially when she does that meowing shkt, but she has an aura of natural sexiness in them.

Because WW wasn't slutty enough to dress up as for Halloween

t.trump voter

/thread

Don't wear them so tight then

She's so malleable and loose by her nature. She fits into anything. She's not a critical thinker so she's easy to fool. She hates to challenge her way of thinking so she's easy for idiots to relate with. She acts out like a child so, children of all ages sympathize. Popular colors.

A better question: How could she fail?

Triggered but true

Catwoman's solo movie killed any interest the public had for the character.

but that's the whole point

>Clowns
>Hot

gross

Harley Quinn best embodies the modern young adult woman: degenerate, slutty and mad as a hatter. This is why she's so popular, and why DC is pushing her.

Damn. Well-said. I don't think I've ever seen anyone sum it up so elegantly simply.

She was in a cartoon which gets a lot of nostalgia for being one of DC's best non-comic offerings of all time, she hasn't been shitted up(mostly) in the movies.

She's DC's version of Deadpool. Expect to see her everywhere for the next half a decade, then hit critical mass and fade for a bit.

But she tends to get locked up, is that a consequence?

>Secure prisons
>DCU

Pick one.

>posts pic of her looking really attractive
>gee willickers guys, how do people like her so much?

lol. couldn't you have at least posted a less flattering pic if your point was to shit on her?
you realize guys like her, too, right? if not more? I can speak from experience fapping to her multiple times.

Because DC's other female characters are almost as rote and boring as DC's black/minority characters (though nothing is quite that goddamn boring).

She's allowed to have a semblance of a character AND she's eye candy.

Y'all are faggots for not getting this.

>Catchy design and gimmick (the Joker's girlfriend)
>Created as part of BTAS, extremely popular back in the day and therefor nostalgic among Millenials, also played large roles in the Arkham series
>Zany and wacky personality
>Sympathetic at times
>"lol relatable"
>Attractive

She's basically just an edgy hot-topic version of your generic anime self-insert protagonist.

I've been here for years and never understood why everyone hates you, but I get it now.
Fuck off boco.

You sure know a lot about anime

Sexy, quirky, not a cunt like Poison Ivy, not boring like Black Canary and WW, not dependent on boobs like Power Girl, not irrelevant like Supergirl, not obscure like Zatanna, easy to cosplay. It's no surprise she became #1.

Go read Birds of Prey and Powergirl shitlord.

>Her whole motive for becoming a costumed villain has been "because she wants to".
What's wrong with that?

Yes sir...

She's an edgy female variant of it. Like the Sonic/Naruto Deviantart OCs you'd see circa 08, except taken seriously on a professional level.

Are you seriously implying Catwoman is boring? Do us a favor and kill yourself.

delicious banana tits

What i meant is that Catwoman behavior seems more like an act she pulls to mess with people and Batman specially. Something she puts up with because she must. She seems to be too serious and professional sometimes.

It's not like Harley who does whatever the fuck she wants, when she wants and doesn't care about others opinions or whatever. So i can see Harley being more appealing to women that way.

Nolan's Catwoman was boring as fuck.

>What i meant is that Catwoman behavior seems more like an act she pulls to mess with people and Batman specially. Something she puts up with because she must.
I don't get this. She doesn't flirt with Batman "because she must", she flirts with him because she wants to.

She literally does whatever the fuck she wants, when she wants, and doesn't care about others' opinions. Hell, she gives so little fucks about how others view her that she was okay with taking the rap for a triple-digit killing spree.

This.

She 'caught' comics ultimate bad boy.

Girls want the ego stroke of "He's MINE bitches!"

She is the hero casuals deserve.

Harley has the perkiest tiddies
NOBODY outperkies Harley

That's because writing Riddler as a credible villain while remaining true to his gimmick is nearly impossible unless the writer is himself a genius.

>2020 - 3
>not having coulrophilia
Get with the times man,

Well this IS Sup Forums...

DC is shit mate, that's why.