Bojack Horseman

Thoughts on Bojack Horseman?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k3MKSqUTr-A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Great show.

Season 3 was stagnation in it's purest form. It has no future.

low IQ barrier to entry

if you dont love social media you wont like this show. family guy for people who think theyre too good for family guy

Reddit

>low IQ to barrier entry

What do you consider a "good" cartoon oh great one?

Steven Universe

>SU better than Bojack

I question your taste in EVERYTHING.

Abortion episode made me rage for the past 7 months nonstop

>normies
>REEEE

Because you're against it or what?

First two seasons led me to believe that I was going to see something cohesive and thought provoking.

Third season taught me that I was just witnessing shallow nihilism and self-pity.

Great.

this desu

The show is just non stop self-pity and nihilism, blaming everyone for your own problems

First season had promise but it's descended more and more into that particular "reddit intellectualism" vibe

I want to fuck his meaty ass.

Season 3 was pure redditkino

Started out good, but it keeps getting preachy with it's political shit

If there was no political shit it would be a lot better

Literally me

It's a good show but as someone who's not depressed and doesn't feel existential dread, I'm getting pretty sick of Bojack's self-pitying bullshit. It's starting to stagnate and if they don't change things up with him next season it'll get very boring.

>BoJack Horseman
FTFY

I like to watch the Christmas special after the series and pretend that after all that shit went down Todd just randomly shows up in his house on Christmas and wants to watch TV

If it doesnt end by season 4 It will be shit

>BoJackshit Horseredditor
FTFY

Good show but last season was boring and forgettable

>family guy for people who think they're too good for family guy

Besides the slightly stiff animation and a few similarities in humor ("remember that time when...") they're really not alike... at all.

'member when Bojack refused to bail Todd out of prison and nearly got him killed?

None of the characters do!

It's not just that I'm "against it," with the exceptions of rape or danger to the mother's life. It was how condescending and preachy the episode was. AV Club described the panel of White Men as a "fuck you, patriarchy" moment, because the idea of daring to stop people from killing babies is always, definitely based in sexism.

Trash

>getting triggered by a cartoon
r/pol is that way, amigo.

An entertaining show. It's fun watching things go from bad to worse as Bojack fucks up practically every good decision by ultimately doing the opposite.

I found it hilarious specifically because I knew somewhere out there, some moralizing busybody that's made it their pet issue was getting all indignant over it. That and the hypocrisy of Aquafina deciding to keep her own baby and lie and say it was adopted for even more publicity.

It makes me want to listen to the song again.

youtube.com/watch?v=k3MKSqUTr-A

>jay-zebra
every fucking time

it's also the only time the show has ever been preachy
if any show should never be preachy, it's this one
but the creators came right out and smugly said it. they don't want any women to ever feel bad about infanticide

>>it's also the only time the show has ever been preachy

You forgot the other Diane episode.

>the only time the show has ever been preachy
Bullshit.

Best episode next to the underwater one.

Season 1 and 2 were great, nearly perfect.

Season three was way too bumpy for me to get hyped for season 4. I have low expectations.

They're gonna shoehorn anti-Trump stuff into the show now

probably, they got too political for my taste in season 3, the abortion stuff, Todd being asexual was just weird.

Why cant shows just have independent plots not connected on the real world?

did they seriously?
i guess it's naive of me but, for a while, this show seemed like the kind to point out the bullshit in the concept of asexuality

source

how dare women have control of their bodies amirite

I really enjoy it but I hope Bojack's finally coming out of his big existential nihilism midlife crisis because that's really starting to get old. Also Todd just suddenly being announced asexual felt really off, there definitely wasn't enough prep for that one.

>because the idea of daring to stop people from killing babies is always

ah, you don't seem to have a stake in this already

Suck a dick, dumb shits pfffffffrttttttt, is a great catchphrase

I was mildly sad when she died, now Bojack doesn't have anybody to go on benders with.

I forget, was it etched on her headstone?

TV daughter was sadly too much of a lightweight to hang with Big Daddy when the party really got going.

As someone who is depressed, his narcissim/loathing and how how much he just wallows in it is really accurate. I reckon it's a show a viewer would definitely get more out of if they've been there before.

Which is really shitty because nobody wants to be there, but fuck it I enjoy the show a lot.

I don't think this joke really works.

Well she was literally about a third his weight so honestly she never had a chance

Right? So brave, so powerful.

>they didn't pair Mia with Todd
0/10 show would never watch again
Also PC is mai waifu and best girl.

But they didn't actually point out "LOOK TODD IS AN ASEXUAL". It's simply a trait of his personality - he doesn't feel one way or another about sex.

That's exactly how sexuality should be treated

Honestly one of the best ways to discredit a movement is to have Lena Dunham support it

Looks like Glitter Trap Boy.

>he doesn't feel one way or another about sex
Sure he does, he's repulsed by it

Lena Dunham's a fuckwit, doesn't make the anti-choice arguments less retarded.

>using lena dunham as a means to argue anything
you automatically lost, desu. please come back later.

It's a great show but it's never made me laugh

I'm curious what does make you laugh, the show has a pretty wide variety of jokes.

i remember seeing some youtube rip of a clip from bojack that said some shit like "this is the only clip of the show i've laughed at you filthy redditors." it was in season 2 so he watched all that stuff he didn't like just to make that point.
not having laughed once is pretty strange.

I dunno, I kind of liked the way Todd's asexuality was handled. It wasn't overblown or anything, he's just, well, asexual.
>pic unrelated

Lena Dunham is an established absolute cunt. Little Critter looking ass bitch

Yeah Todd has always been sort of uh, childishly eccentric, I guess? I think it fits his character well enough to have no interest in and/or be weirded out by sexual intercourse.

Yeah, that fits the whole adventurous irreverent man child thing he's got going.

I hate it, I tried to watch it a couple times and could not do it.

To date I can't recall a single penis joke, and I give the writers credit for avoiding such an obvious horse joke.

whenever todd and diane were in the shot together it bugged the hell out of me, because his head is like twice as large as hers is.

>Show exists
>Sup Forums: "FUCK THIS SHOW IS SO REDDIT"

what did they mean by this

>bullshit in the concept of asexuality
Asexuality is a complete non-issue. What problem could one possibly have with other people not getting laid?

Really? I could have sworn there was one in reference to him boning a chick/chick talking about being boned.

Nothing, it's just caught in the crossfire of overzealous "everyone who isn't as conservative as me is le special snowflake" bullshit

If that's what you took away from the abortion episode I feel sorry for you. I only remember lots of abortion jokes and it being another segway for the drama-of-the-episode that more focused on conflict between characters, not whether abortion was right or not.

To be fair the early episodes relied a bit to heavily on "oh look this bit is several beats longer than you'd expect" type humor.

Glad they pretty much did away with that.

Season 3 was weird for me. In general it just wasn't nearly as good as S2 or even S1, but there are some specific things that just really make me go wtf. In the episode with the lesbian marriage where BoJack is talking to the one girl in the bathroom, and out of nowhere he launches into the most unprovoked, cheesy speech in the whole show. He just suddenly gets really melodramatic over nothing and it feels like jumping the shark. The whole season in general (other than the obvious exception_ suffers this weird issue where there's no semblance of realistic pacing in conversation. Like every scene is just packed with dialogue and there are no pauses between lines, you're just constantly hearing someone talk. It's really noticeable around the middle of the season. Hard to not notice, in fact. I'm honestly shocked to not have heard of this from anyone else.

This is what I love about this show, despite wading in pseudo-philosophical/depression topics it has fucking stupid humor like this. It's a good juxtaposition.

People on the left were fucking livid about this, she's pretty hated from all sides at this point.

Probably just wasn't as big of an issue to other people. I agree, S3 wasn't as organic and cohesive but I still enjoyed it to the point where nothing stood out to me as something I didn't enjoy.

how to make your content dated 101

Diane did have that touching clinic moment and her episode arc centered around her feelings of guilt for starting a pro abortion meme and her personal pro choice stance.

Diane is always fretting too much over shit though. I can only imagine how frustrating it gets when the viewer is doing the same and doesn't share her point of view to boot.

That's not what asexuality means. It CAN mean that, but does not in any way HAVE to mean that. That's not how it works.

Guess I just didn't give that that much importance, I'm just used to Diane bitching about shit or getting too worked up about something, that's part of her character.

Todd does seem to be repulsed by sex though, or at best he finds it unappealing.

Why do you give a shit? Why is it that pro-birthers care about unborn babies more than life itself until it's like...actually born?

This part was tense as fuck as I loved it. Sounds like you were rooting for Hanky.

They're human, they like to mindlessly bitch, more so with women, but whatever.

I mean being asexual myself I find it more likely he just does not know how to express himself. Seems like that explanation (to me, at least) fits his character. He's an idiot and didn't know how to say "I'm not repulsed by sex, just not interested" because he's too awkward.

But hey, maybe I'm projecting.

I'm definitely projecting.

>"im a gay man with a fiance, can we have a wedding cake made?"
>"no faggots kys"

>"hey my wife and i are straight and also want a cake but we won't have sex on our wedding day!!"
>"...ok?"

asexuals just wanna be special

She's such a Zelda

It comes off as creepy almost as to what lengths they'll go to protect undeveloped lump of cells. Like fetuses are more sacred than actual, living kids.

No one besides fringe tumblrtards go "Hey look at me I'm asexual!" The only drama I see related to it is when someone says they're asexual and get bombarded with accusations from people who think they know better and that they can fix them.

I considered that but he's not really an awkward character in general. He doesn't have the self-awareness to realise when he says stupid shit. Sex is the only thing we've seen him show so much awkwardness and discomfort about, as I recall.

Still, he could have just felt uncomfortable because he didn't understand his feelings, or lack thereof. Now he understands himself more he might be less weird about it.

I'm also asexual and I'm also probably projecting

No one really makes that big of a deal towards not being sexually attracted to others. It's more of a thing between partners anyway.

Because aborted and unbaptized babies go to limbo where they attack crusaders trying to save their devil fucking girlfriends

Have you never played a video game before?!

Too many meme thots watch it now

Corrective rape, but that also happens to gay people as well

>anti-choice

tumblr is to the left, you baby-slaying monster