Tfw no patricians to discuss Mindhunter with

>tfw no patricians to discuss Mindhunter with

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f6MY_lAUd64
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was great.

My girlfriend disliked the ending, but I thought it was a great way to finish.

Was he /ourguy/?

Why was Holden's gf such an annoying bitch?

Pretty much a 10-hour long Zodiac. Loved it. Whoever played Bill Kemper is GOAT

Was she cheating on him?
Why didn't he dump her?

Because the show is designed to make the main characters, and the viewers, constantly question their own views on women and on sex. You're meant to kind of worry about how much you can relate to the killers.

This show was top-notch quality from beginning to end, and the poor reception on Sup Forums is damning evidence that this board is full of plebs

For S2 i want interviews with

-Manson
-Bundy
-Gacy

-Zodiac reference
-BTKs first kill

I hope the focus on the atlanta child murders doesn't become the typical "criminal minds" procedural shtick

wasn't his first kill in 74 or something? I could see them simply making the connection to his first kill but it would have already happened

If Fincher stays on board, I have faith. If his involvement was just a first-season deal like with House of Cards, it'll probably go to shit

it was decent

I hated the main actor at first but didnt mind after 2-3 episodes

This is the best scene. Fight me faggots. youtube.com/watch?v=f6MY_lAUd64

it sounds like he is staying involved. I heard that for the first season he "ran the writer's room" which sounds like a much bigger, hands on role than he did for House of Cards which had a different show runner. If Fincher stays on in that role and acts as "show runner" then it hopefully shouldn't drop off

I doubt it. They’ve been flashing BTK at the start of the episodes in season one, he’s going to be the main antagonist.

I thought he was really good. His character is not supposed to be all that likable, he's pitch-perfect in the role. Comes off as a bit autistic and oblivious, but that's written into the scripts

does hearing a serial killer's foot fetish really turn you off from her?

he will definitely play a large role but it has been confirmed that the atlanta child murders is the focus or "big crime" of the season. Also BTK doesn't get caught until 2005. So Atlanta will be the ongoing case with BTK hanging over Holden. Perhaps it will be something where his obsession with BTK interferes with the atlanta case

I woulda LARP'd the serial killer and hung her from the ceiling fan and took pics of her feetpussies

am I the only one that thought that Holden actually got turned on by the heels and that is what freaked him out so much?

I can't wait for more fag mount.

Glad my favorite show of 2017 won't get cancelled like my favorite show of 2016 in Quarry.

That's the way I took it, yeah. I think he started to be freaked out by how much he was thinking about serial killers during his own sex life

that was the obvious take bruh

>quarry

fuck yes

its so good Sup Forums can't find time to bitch about it

that's what I thought but literally everyone else on here in every thread has said the opposite/ Then again there really hasn't been much honest discussion on the show

I thought it was pretty clear that he was disturbed by his shared arousal with the killer, don't think how someone could take it otherwise considering how he didn't fail to perform, he jumped up and looked fucked up.

I didn't get it. He just has a panic attack and that's it? Is it symbolic if him thinking he wanted to get close and then realizing he's too close?

I took it that he got cocky and started to forget just how dangerous these people are and vastly overestimating his "expertise"

he was just stressed out, relationship failing/failed combined with the work trouble. and then he goes to see kemper, lets his guard down and gets scared. most people would have a panic attack.

The whole first season was him finally finding his footing in the world and then slowly but surely grossly overestimating his intelligence/power. When he came back to Kemper, Ed showed him that despite all Holden's clever manipulations and methods that Ed could tear his head off and fuck it before anyone found out. It was a bucket of cold water to the face, to be simultaneously hit by the fact that his career is crumbling and this killer is seriously weighing murdering him, while there's nothing he can do besides wait and pray. He freaked the fuck out and panicked, probably had either a panic attack or a stroke or some shit leaving Ed a happy camper. His feeling of invincibility was shattered.

Kemper taught him a major lesson about his manipulative role-playing schtick, that never sunk in when his co-workers called him out on it. He treated Kemper like a friend to draw the best possible information out of him, Kemper probably hadn't been treated that way in a while, and thought they had a real connection. Which, arguably, they did. But Holden never wrote back to Kemper's letters after he'd moved on with his research, and then Kemper read about Holden talking about him in the media, bragging about their interviews in a way that seemed very disrespectful.

When he came to visit after the suicide attempt, Kemper cornered him, scared the piss out of him, and reminded him that he was dealing with genuinely dangerous people and only pretending to be like them. In the process, he got to see an actual genuine moment (of absolute terror) from someone he'd been very genuine with all along.

I guess that's an alright ending.

Accurate, though I'm not sure Kemper truly believed in a genuine connection. He mentioned that he was surprised Holden actually showed up, which implies that he's surprised that Holden wanted to talk to him at all, seeing as how no one else ever wanted to speak to him during his life as he mentioned. Everything else is spot on.

MEOW

She was so sexy in this part

How is this show patrician? Its the most bland, generic shit ever. Something my mother would love.

Can't wait for season 2.

Also, what the fuck is the point of his girlfriend? Why have her cheat on him if he was just going to fall apart again at the end? They wanted us to like her, and understand that he was falling apart and it was his own fault. So wouldn't it be more effective just to not have her cheat on him at all and just have it fall apart?

I fucking hated that bitch. He was such a cuck.

Your mom has good taste. I bet she's disappointed she raised a pleb, but it must be your dad's fault

>They wanted us to like her
No, the opposite.

>liking a completely bland show just because its not popular
no user you are the pleb

fuck i love that scene

that and the final scene are GOAT

>tfw i'm glad someone else said it
>tfw i'm scared to admit that I kinda agree with what big ed said even on Sup Forums

the show tries to make serial killers seem normal
\althought its more of a big show about nature vs nurture

Any good serial killer movies in the vein of Fincher's?

Maybe not, but I think he was genuinely pissed at the way he was talked about in that article, and the way Holden apparently felt so proud of himself for "playing" him. But yeah, he knew the interviews were work, not a social call.

I also think he had some kind of attraction to Holden, either a platonic "friendship" attraction or more sexual. They kind of set up that final scene with those two earlier moments where Kemper grabs him by the throat to feel up his cartilage, then "cuts his throat" with his fingertip later. I think Kemper kind of did want to kill him, and might've done so if he'd been disrespectful or insulting in that final meeting.

harder to talk about these fucking binge shows because bam they're gone

Why do normies have such a fascination with serial killers?

>the show tries to make serial killers seem normal
Except that it does nothing of the sort, you idiot.

what did you think of the show

I mistook Manhunt for Mindhunter, still a pretty good show tho

Is that the new one about the Unabomber?

>patricians
>Mindhunter
LOL

This is the best hunting show

>that's what I thought but literally everyone else on here in every thread has said the opposite/
often discussion here is quite poor, 1 or 2 posters arguing everyone on an obviously unpopular interpretation.

I think Kemper is happy to finally have someone who wants to talk to him. Referencing the same bit of dialogue right before he gets up and hugs Holden, he says no one ever wanted to speak to him, and that he was surprised Holden came. To me, it seems like that's him recognizing Holden as a friend, despite how weird their relationship is. I think you're probably right about that final meeting, I imagine Kemper really wanted to demonstrate his power over Holden, and if he hadn't broken down the way he did Ed might have torn his head off just to prove a point.

Did we watch the same show? If those serial killers came across as anything like normal to you, you have serious issues.

as someone craving an intelligent, well directed zodiac-like series, is this show good? im contemplating starting it

yep
but its nor really a serial killer mystry/chase.
its the aftermath talks.

4 out of 10 eps were directed by Fincher this time. The protaganist acts really weird, sorta like a closet fag trying to fit in. I guess it's intentional because he starts to relate to the killers more as it goes on so he's always interesting.

>directed by fincher
nice. i generally trust his directorial abilities and he tends to pick intriguing storylines. will see.

wonder if he's going to be able to direct next season