How do we stop this, Sup Forums?

How do we stop this, Sup Forums?

BRAAAAAP

I have yet to see Snyder fags actually defend Cyborg's design, even though he was 100% responsible for that. Unless Snyder is only an auteur for the parts of his films that are good.

I also notice how they immediately deflect these criticisms by spamming MCU or Civil War green screen webms, as if that's somehow an argument.

>shit indie movie foxusing on one character
>android negro no ones cares about when there are six other major superhero and villain cgi to worry about
fuck off back to marvel quipverse faggot

>as if that's somehow an argument.
It’s an argument which shows that bad CG isn’t exclusive to Snyder or the DC film franchise.

Wow, speak of the devil. I guess this isn't the whole movie, but his design is atrocious. No matter how shitty Marvel is, this is just as shitty if not more so.

>Snyderfag Argument Tactic #43
Whenever someone mocks or criticizes a DC film, you must immediately accuse the critic of being a Marvel fanboy without any evidence.

>implying marvelfags don’t do the same thing

Stop hiring Indians.

Literally. I'm not joking. Stop giving CG jobs to the third world and you wont get third world results.

>Snyderfag Argument Tactic #29
Whenever someone calls you out on your irrational and stupid behavior, you must immediately deflect criticism by pointing out similar behavior in an unrelated scenario completely detached to the ongoing and relevant argument or encounter

>marvelfags
They really don't. At least not here.

>bad cg
>lmao indians
It was done in newzealand faggot.

look at me mum I can resize pictures to make them pixilated.

Have you considered downing a gallon of bleach?

Im no DClover man. Saw Ragnarock. Best comedy of the year. LOVED IT!!!!

Theres fucking heaps of pajeets here

>No u
Top kek

Cyborg looks bad no matter how hard you try to spin it.
There are actual clips and webms of Cyborg in motion and he looks just as terribad as he does here.
Kindly fuck off now.

What does that have to do with CG done in new zealand you retard?

Yes, this looks hella epic

>At least not here.
how delusional are you niggers?

Case in point

kindly learn to read Shintan

50% of the budget for capeshit goes to advertising, almost all of the rest goes to the overpaid actors.

thats a fucking horrible argument

I see people occasionally saying they liked this or that Marvel film, with people shitting on them far, far more often. Never once to people defend Marvel nearly to the same extent they defend DC.

>this looks hella epic
it does faggot

Are you retarded or blind? You do see the difference don't you? Idgaf how shitty the design is it's not poor cgi which is the criticism implied in the terrible ms paint job OP posted.

Who is saying that Snyder and DC films are the only films with bad CG?
It was never the argument. You are tackling a strawman.

From a VFX point of view, Ex Machina costs a shitload less to make. Much less FX, less time onscreen for them etc.

However the problems with Marvel and VFX aren't just down to budget, they're down to time too. There's only so much multiple VFX shops can do for the huge amount of shots needed on such a tight schedule, and they get tighter every year while including more FX. Lower quality is the result, and it's 100% the fault of the studio making the film, because they know the average viewer won't care.

>terrible ms paint job OP posted.
Nice head canon you got there.

Not really marvelfags(cause there are none), you fags are fucking mouse shills. Now go back and shill on new star wars YouTube video or something

>This is how kiwis defend their country's artistic bankruptcy

>However the problems with Marvel and VFX

>thread shitting on DC
>brings up Marvel

so im not the only one who hates how shitty cyborg looks? the design looks like a nonsensical mess to me.

I guess it's retarded then. Well that's what you get when ignore the dangers of inbreeding.

Yeah man you tell them. Btw Thor Rangnarok was hands down the best and most funniest fun movie this year

Why don't VFX companies just say no and go on an industry-wide strike?
I don't think they realize how much leverage they actually have over huge studios, since all of these high budget Hollywood blockbusters are pretty much entirely reliant on VFX companies.

every mcfag ever

Have you been gone from Sup Forums for months? I envy you, then.

Yeah. In here they pretend to hate capeshit in DC thread and make dozens of anti-JL threads day in and day out

The Mother box was forced on him. He didn't choose the look.

I can sympathize with obsessing with somebody beautiful and famous more than liking capeshit.

i don't come to this board often. and even when i do i avoid capeshit threads because i feel that the superhero genre is beyond redemption in hollywood now. i

It's funny to see marvel fans and DC fans argue but what neither realize is that both these companies are intent on whoring out your beloved superheroes for the most generic, trite pleb garbage for the consumption of the lowest common denominator. none of these films are about cinema or making good films. they're just about making a fat profit. and their artistic merit (or lack of it) reflects that.

i came to this thread because i saw ex machina and a reference to cyborg which i remember from teen titans in which he looked cool (pic related).

the DC design looks ugly and stupid. not sure what the general consensus is.

Again, so Snyder is only an auteur when his movies aren't clearly awful? Shouldn't we thank then Goyer and Terrio more for BvS than Snyder, at least those who actually think that shitty movie was some sort of masterpiece?

Sure thing mouse

>trite pleb garbage for the consumption of the lowest common denominator
BvS was nothing like this and normies didnt like it. What were they supposed to do?

Yes, because when I talk about capeshit, which includes far more Marvel films, at least recently, I'm clearly working as a shill for Disney in implying both Marvel and DC is shit, you fucking idiot.

>none of these films are about cinema or making good films. they're just about making a fat profit

Comic books also aren't top end art or tell super deep4u stories. I don't get why people hope the movies become arthouse oscarbait.

I can't imagine being this unable to enjoy things.

I don't understand why they don't just make cg shit shows like this completely animated.

All the "production" money goes to people who don't produce the movie.

i haven't seen BvS due to shit reviews but I did see man of steel and appreciated their attempt at express the raw strength of superman and captain zod. i also appreciated their bold attempt to go for a darker/grittier world. but i think they fucked up bad in everything after that.

>Comic books also aren't top end art or tell super deep4u stories.
most aren't. you're right. but there are quite a few with compelling storylines that you can't reduce to a bunch of trite tropes or cliches. most hollywood capeshit is just really really really boring, predictable, dull and the exact opposite of compelling or interesting. the plot has the sophistication of a story written by a 5 year old and the characters mostly one dimensional.

>I can't imagine being this unable to enjoy things.

i do enjoy things. just things that aren't mind numbingly stupid or unoriginal. sure a good fun superhero film is good once in a while. loved raimi spiderman 1 and 2 but most new stuff is just the same old shit repackaged in more headache inducing cgi and dull tropes

Call me a pleb all you like but I liked the snyderverse costumes and shit, except the flash and fucking cyborg, the look like someone spray painted them with a cheap metallic colour in every scene

I'm . Look at how beautiful the comic pane is and even the way it's written is somewhat nice. the dialogue although not necessarily literature-worthy is still SOMEWHAT original and different than some random bullshit quip. doom's character is complex and his motivations somewhat convincing and interesting. even his story is quite ingenious. fuck comics are filled with hyperimaginative situations.

but then you look at capeshit and what does it do? it boils down every fucking film to some bullshit fistfight. in a airport, in a city, in a parking lot. same old bullshit. over and over and over. there is no imagination or creativity. just repetitive trite bullshit that takes no effort in doing justice to the imagery or imagination exhibited in comic books.

Instead of inspiring awe and fascination at how fantastic these can be, they go the COMPLETE other way by being the most boring and unoriginal.

fuck. capeshit.

Snyder puts his movies in the realm of possibility by taking the "Superhero" mythos and applying it to an alternate, parallel Earth. If Snyder's [and his team's] vision is too much for you, simply look away.

So, that does apply to Cyborg's design, or not, because that looks like the alternate universe where reality is rendered with a PS2?

stop giving them your money

Fair enough. I've never read it, but I've always like that Doom page you posted, thought I had forgotten about it. Granted, the culmination of events shown in those two pages took decades to get around to. Being hopefully optimistic, but perhaps the movies are still in a "world building" phase of sorts. I mean shit, we still get origin story movies. And in years to come, we may get some truly great films once most everything has been established and can be expanded upon.

Either way, I enjoy what we get now, but understand it isn't the best.

Nobody cares if this garbage looks bad. The money is too good.

You're too far gone. Just wait to see it in motion when it comes out. also, by using PS2, I know your opinion is just parroted.

>It looks as amazing as the box art of my AMD™ Radeon™ video card!

>by using PS2
It's a meme, you fucking autist. I don't know what you mean by "motion" I'm seeing the latest trailer and looks like shit. This isn't a video game where there's a good chance some parts will look better. The movie is weeks from release and looks like shit, especially Cyborg.

How do we stop shitty cyborg/android designs?
Hire better concept artists.
I'm so sick of people asking me if I've seen "Ex Machina."
Shit looks like ass, yo.

Most studios have gone broke, the last few surviving ones are the ones with pedigree and the ones who have ties to foreign studios that they contract out too. Most of the CGI done now in these shit shows is done in China, India, Indonesia, and the Philippines. It's all garbage quality those foreign studios don't care about doing good work, they only care that they meet the clients deadlines and deliver on time. 250 million dollar budget, only about 20 million probably goes to the vfx studios. the rest probably goes to coke parties. some studios have unionized, mostly the ones in Canada and California where unions are allowed. All the other ones are just making their living doing commercial work, independent film work, or video game cinematics.

easy
stop talking about capeshit
stop shilling capeshit
stop watching capeshit

CGI is good in this scene, IMHO.

>Just wait to see it in motion when it comes out.
See

its' not bad concept artists, it's bad producers and directors who have the final word on the design. they probably sit with the concept artists saying all kinds of bullshit about what kind of design they want and how it's crucial to their vision.

Maybe it's because I used to be a vfx artist before, but it doesn't look good. I can see sliding where the tracking isn't done right, I can see that they used a shit ton of post production motion blur . you can tell because his face distorts between key frames because the algorithm can't make sense of the proper direction. the small few frames where it's clear is probably the only good compositing shot i've seen in all of the trailers. his face is actually sharp and matches the rest of the scene. all other shots the face is softened almost blurry and the color correction is terrible because you can tell they had some of his shots already rendered with the other color pallet before they had to change it to red.

>CGI is good in this scene, IMHO.
I'm scared to ask what you consider bad looking CGI

there's a lot more going on it's kinda hard to compare also someone post the knife webm from robot chick movie

This.

Hmm there isn't any excusing there terrible photoshop on promo posters...

BUT

MAYBE it looks worse when sitting still because all the metal looks black or dark grey.

First time I've seen this webm and his armor looks much more white and full while moving.

Maybe it has something to do with dynamic lighting so stills look really bad?

I'm impressed by how much they have stabilized his face now too, first trailer made his face look like it was floating infront of the mask and not in it.

cgi is a meme

Havig the design be rough and unfinished illustrates that he's not yet fully in control of it. Just like the Flash's outfit, it gves him somewhere to go visually, and since Snyder's such a visually-oriented guy, it stands to reason that his look serves as a visual metaphor for his mastery of the tech, man re-asserting himself over the machine.

Furthermore, comparing him to other practical-effects-driven designs like Robocop or even Virus is missing the point entirely. Verhoeven gave us a cyborg clawing his way back upward to humanity. Virus gave us an invasive "technorganic" alien, sort of a tech-oriented version of the Thing, co-opting, and merging whole humans with machinery and technology. Cyborg's character is little more than a ribcage and a partially denuded skull merged with an alien technology that belongs to literal gods. He's not struggling to regain his humanity, he's struggling to hold onto it on the face of tech that might go beyond Arthur C. Clark's tech/magic paradigm and actually *incorporate* them in a unified whole. Of course he doesn't just look like clunky earth tech. Of course he visually "pops" in any environment.

This
He didn't chose to look shitty

>How do we stop this
By not watching shitty Zack Snyder movies.
Justice League looks like a GCI nightmare, reminds me of that awful movie Gods of Egypt. The GCI makes me want to puke. Who told Zack Snyder that you can just film everything with a green screen. Who the fuck is this hack to make such shitty fucking movies.

The way Zack "the hack" Snyder films action sequences actually makes me sick.

I honestly hope that the fucker gets canned for good and we get actual talent behind the DCEU. Because I'd kill for a good Superman flick, too bad Zack turned Superman into murderman.

You're trying way too hard.

The Cyborg CGI doesn't really bother me, because, well, it'd look like shit even with good CGI. I can't really comment on how bad it looks because like, in what universe doesn't the whole fucking thing just look terrible?

So, the series of movies widely mocked and derided as stupid capeshit for normies and kids is the benchmark for your series?

Waow.

Are you literally retarded

The dude they chose for Cyborg has a weird body shape and a very forgettable, bland facial countenance, and hair. What the fuck where they thinking?

That he's a pretty decent actor who can still convey some emotion while wearing a bodysuit and with only half his face visible.

Agreed. More like raw PS1 polygons. Good spot, user.

That image is hilarious and perfect. I hope Snyder follows in his daughter's footsteps.

The only people trying to hard are the idiots that try to defend Snyder's bowel movements.

>Stop giving CG jobs to the third world
The problem is there are so many effects shots in a big movie, especially in capeshit. So you either have a budget thats EVEN BIGGER or you farm it to the lowest bidder because if you're watching capeshit, you're not that discriminating.

>a small independent british film looks better than a huge hollywood blockbuster

LMAO

I don't see why DC needs to be defended anymore. A common complaint of Marvel is that they're all too similar.
But with Justice League its clear they found their formula to making capeshit as successful as possible.
Like Mavel, it once had a spark to it, but now its gonna be the same shit over and over again.

>look its another DC movie where the good guys have to beat the bad guys and save the world
>well at least it isn't marvel

Does he? His expressions and tone of voice tell me he's already an emotionless robot.

I would say there was much more care with Ex-Machina. These big blockbusters are just churned out to make money. The execs don't really care about the end product and considering most of the budget goes to the big name actors, I bet the actual cgi budget isn't that different between these two movies.

>The film was shot as ordinary live action. During filming, there were no special effects, greenscreen, or tracking markers used. All effects were done in post-production. To create Ava's robotic features, scenes were filmed both with and without actress Alicia Vikander's presence, which allowed capturing the background behind her. The parts necessary to keep, especially her hands and face, were then rotoscoped while the rest was digitally painted out, and the background behind her restored. Camera and body tracking systems transferred Vikander's performance to the CGI robot's movements. In total, there were about 800 VFX shots, of which 350 or so were "robot" shots

Interesting. Double Negative did the effects they have a pretty solid track record.

Trying to meat those deadlines and cuting corners is what's killing these movies. The sad thing is how much money they are going to make when end product looks this bad.

It bogles the mind how a low budget movie like Ex-Machina looks that good compared to this DC garbage.

>How do we stop this, Sup Forums?

Don't watch in theaters

Simple like that

I think the less is more approach is what it is. But of course the big heads just say 'lets just make it cgi' to, which i agree, cut costs and corners leading to a poor end product.

>there was much more care with Ex-Machina
The same reason early CGI like Jurassic Park was so good; if you can't use it all the time, you'll better plan how to use it so it doesn't look like the usual turdfest.

We'll see.

Still at it. Still too hard.

Know why Pa Kent chose to warn Clark off? No, you don't because you think like a selfish child, not a father. He knew that treating Clark like he'd treat any other son was more important than his own life, maybe more important than anything in the world.

>if the other guy does it that means it OK