/sug/ - Steven Universe General

It really bothers and kind of triggers me that Yellow Diamond sang a very insulting song to Blue Diamond in an effort to "cheer her up". If I wanted to be cheered up, I would NOT choose for it to be a pun of my skin color. How this slipped past the Crewniverse AND Cartoon Network is an enigma considering that they both have been very good regarding social issues in the past Edition

Last Thread: [NEW RELEASES]
>New weekly episodes
Feb. 10: "The New Crystal Gems" at 7pm EST
Feb. 17: "Storm in the Room" at 6:45pm EST
Feb. 24: "Rocknaldo" at 7pm EST
- Source: thegeekiary.com/sug/41241
Mar. 03: "Tiger Philanthropist" (?)
- Source: su-g.pw/qs367
>5 page preview for the new comic that releases on Wednesday
ew.com/books/2017/02/02/steven-universe-comic-exclusive/
>Upcoming art book 'Art and Origins' available for pre-order
abramsbooks.com/product/steven-universe-art-origins_9781419724435/

[EPISODES & OTHER MEDIA]
>Episode downloads
1080p: mega.nz/#F!JotHkR6Y!giZlsdwr_k5ULQAIJKWrsw
1080p alt: sug.rocks/dl.html
Comics, soundtracks, older 720p/1080p episodes: mega.nz/#F!Y5E0BKjK!UsE19rOYDa5Ttl5QRFwgtw
Streaming: marebucks.com/sun/
>Official airing schedule in EST (click to the right of the logo)
cartoonnetwork.com/shows/steven-universe/pictures/index.html

[LEAKS] (make sure to use spoiler tags when discussing)
>2 minute previews and screenshots from CN server
kametsu.com/topic/57130-cartoon-network-unofficial-previews/
>Leakbot and other cool /sug/ stuff
sug.rocks/leaks.html

[OFFICIAL SITES]
stevencrewniverse.tumblr.com/
soundcloud.com/aivisura
keepbeachcityweird.tumblr.com
twitter.com/PERIDOT5XG

[MISC]
>/sug/ writebin
pastebin.com/f86yQm0T
>Archived threads
desuarchive.org/co/search/text//sug//type/op/
desuarchive.org/trash/search/text//sug//type/op/

Jasper.

is best gem

And the New Crystal Gems hasn't been leaked yet? Wow! This might be the first Steven Universe thread that actually premiers on its premier.

Has the prettiest eyes.

It really bothers and kind of triggers me that Yellow Diamond sang a very insulting song to Blue Diamond in an effort to "cheer her up". If I wanted to be cheered up, I would NOT choose for it to be a pun of my skin color. How this slipped past the Crewniverse AND Cartoon Network is an enigma considering that they both have been very good regarding social issues in the past.

Singing "What's the Use of Being Blue?" to a blue gem would be like me singing "What's the Use of Being Yellow" to a person of Chinese descent. Not that I'm ethnicshaming; I'm just describing a stereotype.

This sort of racial and ethnic skin-color suggestiveness should NOT be on TV, especially considering that this show influences countless children across the world.

TL;DR "What's the Use of Being Blue" is an offensive, mocking song turning a person's skin color into a "little pun"

>It really bothers and kind of triggers me that Yellow Diamond sang a very insulting song to Blue Diamond in an effort to "cheer her up". If I wanted to be cheered up, I would NOT choose for it to be a pun of my skin color. How this slipped past the Crewniverse AND Cartoon Network is an enigma considering that they both have been very good regarding social issues in the past
Is this an ironic copypasta of a Tumblr comment or something? You're not actually serious with this shit, are you OP?

take it

Is shit.

I love Lapis Lazuli

Any Amy fags here?

Sorry pal, you were beaten to the punch by your betters.

Here, have a Jasper.

Is simultaneously perfectly imperfect and perfectly perfect and I would die for her.

canon

Yeah I'm glad

Is dead.

Reminder

Some OC

I've refined the red lyrium character a bit.
Anyone want to hear it?

Reporting

this:

wasn't meant to you btw

hot

Reminder that Lapis was supposed to be Jasper's mommy but Bismuth aborted Jasper and her sisters and poofed Lapis before Lapis could get a chance to sign all her babies' birth certificates.

thats a cheap knockoff tho, original is much better

All planned by Rose of course.

Mayor "Bill" Dewey is actually Captain William Dewey, founder of Beach City, who gained immortality at some point. Based on the statue in "Buddy's Book", the two were identical. Dewey has been running for mayor the entire series despite BEING Mayor and not actually having any opponents, and his campaign stylings are curiously retro even for the retro-90s aesthetic of the show. He also seems to be the only person in Beach City who has any idea what the Gems actually are and what they're capable of. In "Historical Friction", he seems weirdly obsessed with the legacy of his "great-great-great-great grandpa", which he seems to view as one and the same with his own legacy. The most telling bit is at the end, when Pearl tells him "What's 200 years between friends?"; it's because she's lived long enough to know that there's only one William Dewey.

good taste

>Is this a copypasta of a Tumblr comment or something?

Yes, and he's trying to force it as a meme.

>Steven put himself inside me today Connie.
W-What do you mean?
>He's claimed me, he doesn't need you anymore. Go away.

POST BUG

WHO IS ONLY FOR HUG

NOT FUG

Do you really think the show would make Bismuth into the gem equivalent of a baby killer?

Has the most delicious and nutritious breast milk!

yes

this theory is dumb

but it only get dumber each time you say it

Rebecca should upload the picture already

I made a quick Lapis sketch

Her family is even better

What if...
All of steven universe is actually stevens life flashing before his eyes as he is dying on a battlefield between genocidal homeworld and paranoid earth?

She's already the equivalent of a hotblooded killer.

LYING
ABUSIVE
WHORE
UPLOAD THE FUCKING PICTURE

So what does the plot seem to be from the screenshots?

i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i180/CARE1001311700019215_003_1280x720.jpg - 2:00 - Peri is explaining what they were doing in the bathroom to Connie

i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i180/CARE1001311700019215_004_1280x720.jpg - 3:00 - Peridot is introducing Lapis to Connie? Or maybe saying how as "the New Crystal Gems", Connie will be Steven?

i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i180/CARE1001311700019215_005_1280x720.jpg - 4:00 - Someone is looking through something, maybe a pair of binoculars?

i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i180/CARE1001311700019215_006_1280x720.jpg - 5:00 - they're looking up at some sort of threat. maybe a corrupted gem, or possibly something that Peri and Lapis think is a threat but Connie knows isn't (which is why she's kinda laughing a bit?)

i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i180/CARE1001311700019215_007_1280x720.jpg - 6:00 - they regroup at the temple for some reason

i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i180/CARE1001311700019215_008_1280x720.jpg - 7:00 - maybe they weren't getting along with Connie earlier, but now they're offering an open hand to her?

i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i180/CARE1001311700019215_009_1280x720.jpg - 8:00 - Peridot and Lapis are fighting for some reason. Maybe Lapis (and/or Connie) insist that they have to stop emulating the OG Crystal Gems, and Peridot doesn't want to (great, another thing of Peri's broken lmao)

i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i180/CARE1001311700019215_010_1280x720.jpg - 9:00 - Lapis is upset about something. Maybe they failed bad at the mission, or she's still not too crazy about being considered a Crystal Gem

i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i180/CARE1001311700019215_011_1280x720.jpg - 10:00 - Connie looks doubtful, and the other two look surprised. Maybe she wanted to keep emulating Steven, but realizes it won't work? idk

Someone please colour this.
And hopefully translate as well.

One thing is killing dictators and another is aborting/killing newborns

Yes, they even foreshadowed it in Bismuth's own episode when she was talking about taking out a bunch of quartzes in droves with Garnet (because they were newborn and unprepared and easy to kill)

She is already a metaphor for a BLM extremist so why not

>you'll never get to spend your days trying to whip these wayward Amethysts into shape

Pretty good for a quick sketch, user. I think you should refrain from sketching on line paper though.

Also the eyes. Try something different cause they look like eyes from a certain bad show

>no jasper
s-season 6?

This is why I want a bit more grimdark.

Like my red lyrium OC.

no

fuck holly

Are you the guy who thinks that what is obviously a gem injector is supposed to be a rock and that Lapis ever said anything about being poofed at the beginning of the war? If so you are dumb, and I will continue to believe this theory because it is good and there is currently nothing that goes against it

>Lapis terraforms the kindergarten
>Peridot operates the kindergarten
Friendly reminder that Jasper is the Lapidot baby.

she didn't draw Jasper because Jasper coming back would be spoilers and she said not to ask for spoilers duh

It seems it'll focus on Lapis getting pissed for whatever reason and Connie trying to keep everything together.
>more of peri's shit getting broken
i hope so, put the meme in her place

FUCK HOLLY?

>a certain bad show

What show?

CRASHING THIS THREAD
WITH NO SURVIVORS

fuck

Lewd roulette or something else?

>Bath?
>Dinner?
>Or maybe...

>Fusion!

Yes, I know! Literally.

Holly blue has the best design by far. Too bad they never used The return Jasper again

Jasper is dead and never coming back, but I'm not gonna tell you to kill yourself because that's actually solid logic.

well your mainly retarded for calling Lapis Jasper's mom

even if Lapis was behind carving out the Beta Kindergarten, which is basically you just making up crap, us being able to disprove it doesn't make it right

Lapis still has nothing to do with actually injecting and growing gems, she has nothing to do with Jasper being made

its like claiming that a man built the hospital you were born in therefore he is your father

why don't you just go to trash for good lewds

Isn't it supposed to be "What's the point of feeling, Blue?"

>best design
Too bad it's not an original one.

Lapis is the womb and made the womb to birth Jaspers. She is Jasper's mommy idiot

Jasper looked awful in the return though

but whats the point of being yellow isn't a pun.

If they had Jaundice by choice then it would work.

If anything, the canyon is Jasper's mom, and Lapis, who made the canyon, is Jasper's grandma.

I would prefer an edit user.

I post. I don't gather. Also the /trash/ link is not here...

heterosexual gems

why is that the point you're mad about autist

Fuck you, I liked Toy Story.

I'd link you to the /trash/ thread, but I don't want to waste my one minute cooldown time on something like that, when I could be using it to tell you how you're not worth wasting my one minute cooldown time on.

Red lyrium OC.
Can I explain?

You may explain.

No, Lapis would be like the doctor who helps the real mommy (Jasper's is Earth, the gem injector and the Peridot who stuck it in the Earth are her daddies) get their babies out of their varguba, and baby doctors are basically parents, and when a parent is a girl, they are a mommy.

Fuck Holly?

Rose was PD

Y/N?

Translate it yourself next time, /trash/

Do you think any of the Gems besides Amethyst posed nude for paintings?

she shattered herself?

Patience.

>Shard of red lyrium.
>Feeding off person.
>Person is male.
>Chromosomal absorption.
>Male gem and useful male hybrid characters.
Why is this not a thing?

i wanna fuck holly

what

The Amethyst to the immediate left of Holly has got some fucking plans. And Carnalian knows it, and almost feels pity.

I think Pearl shattered Pink Diamond not Rose.
Rose didn't want all Pearls to get bubble like the rose quartz so she put the blame on her to save the Peols

no, somehow PDs consciousness ended up in Rose.

And then she shattered herself

(Fapping hand drops off)
Your services are no longer required.

Lapis would do it for Steven.
He'd draw her in crayon and it would look terrible, but she'd love it anyway.
And she wants to be the first woman Steven sees naked.

fuck holly.

perhaps

but she doesn't care about the other Rose Quartzs?