Stream:
adultswim.com/videos/streams/samurai-jack

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BPnucHmFx6p/
youtube.com/watch?v=L-LyFMCIpok
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How did they get away with this?

You really surprised after one of Scotsman's insults towards Jack was "soy-faced"?

Lulu, sweet thing.

ASPECT RAIDOU

Anybody placing any bets for who'll return in season 5?

Looks good to me.

INTERIOR CROCODILE ALIGATOR
I DRIVE A CHEVROLET MOVIE THEATER

The Woolies

Nobody because it's 50 years later
We might see a grave with bagpipes and a sword

You know, re-watching this show Jack might be a one-man army but he's also kind of a retard

he's fucking up non-stop

There were a handful of kid character who would only be in their 50s/60s after the time skip

>"J-Jack wait, I have to tell you something important"
>"ayo hol up i gotta beat up this demon"

You try getting thrown a thousand years in the future and see how well you adapt

jack if you wished to go back in time you wouldn't get trapped in the FIRST PLACE

>not banging alien chicks immediately

True, the baby from Jack and the baby could be in it maybe

Momotaro will return, without a doubt.

get away with what?

The Guardian will most likely be in it.

He's probably the reason Jack doesn't age

Will the [as] streaming go on until March 11th? I wanna see the marathon but it's too late from where I live.

Isn't Jack destined to use the portal which had the time portal guardian who jobbed Jack hard?

Scotsman is confirmed to return

Whether he'll be an old man, a cyborg, or just a flashback we don't know

More like the portal is destined to be opened by Jack. As in, only Jack can do it. Jack's isn't necessarily opening it.

How many episodes are you guys expecting?

4 here.

I got the "it's a 5 hour movie in 10 parts" from somehwere but can't remember the source

it's likely a movie format like the first three episodes of samurai jack.

10. We've known it's 10 for a while now.

Wish they'd consider re-releasing SJ on blu-ray. The DVD interlacing, aliasing and compression really reduce the quality of the art.

it wasn't originally done in "high definition"

I really hope Da Samurai comes back

>it wasn't originally done in "high definition"

You're missing the point. If it was re-released on a better format, the restrictions that make it look so-so on DVD wouldn't be an issue, and thus it should (key word) look better as long as the source video is better than what we see on DVD.

they deleted the originals, what's playing right now on the stream is the DVD version, with all its interlaced glory.

>they deleted the originals

Source?

Depends on whether or not they still have the digital files to the show - could be that they only have episodes in 480p quality. WB either lost or junked the files to The Iron Giant, so it wouldn't be surprising if all they have of Jack and other shows are the SD broadcast masters.

>WB either lost or junked the files to The Iron Giant, so it wouldn't be surprising if all they have of Jack and other shows are the SD broadcast masters.

Doesn't surprise me, since most studios don't give a shit as long as they make money.

Hopefully Genndy Tartakovsky made sure to archive it somehow... even if it's only at 480p, I'd take a progressive blu-ray over interlaced DVD any day. My Australian PAL copy of ReBoot Season 4 is surprisingly progressive and looks so much smoother than the NTSC releases.

THREADLY REMINDER THAT WE MAY BE SO LUCKY AS TO HAVE THIS HAPPEN:

instagram.com/p/BPnucHmFx6p/

PRAISE BE TO GENNDY.

I hope to see da samurai comes back.

16:9 release when?

New teasers are still airing on Adult Swim. I'm surprised nobody has uploaded them anywhere yet.

that looked terrible, WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT IS THIS SHIT, GIVE ME SAMURAI JACK! i hope the series will be better than trailer, cuz it looked terrible

>someone will fall for this b8

The baby as a 50 something year old samurai

Who is voicing Aku? Are there any teasers with the new guy?

We already know he's coming back.People live longer than 50 years, dude.

If the portal is destined to be opened by Jack, then logically Jack is destined to open the portal. I don't see how you can have one, but not the other.

But no one's ever ever said anything about him being destined to USE it.

Yeah, people who say Jack is flawless and a sue haven't watched the show. He's pretty FOOLISH.

Seriously, why have they not revealed it yet? I want to brace myself for disappointment if it's Greg Baldwin, so they really gotta let me know now if it's him.

Tartakovsky said he was did his best to find a VA who could match Mako's charm and performance, because thats what really gave life to the character.

Shame it's Baldwin though. Mako only had one understudy and that was him.

I don't get it

Man, I really like this new design of Jack.

Gruff and scruffy, like the archetype of the war veteran that can't leave the things he saw in the past.

Teaser for season 5 is currently streaming on adult Swim:

man i forgot how good the soundtrack for this series is.

There's no way The Guardian isn't coming back, his VA is still very active and his plotline hasn't been resolved

>mfw he said "Gotta get back. Back to the past" he didn't mean getting back to the literal past, but getting back to who he was 50 years ago

We don't really know how time travel works, in theory that could be one of many possible timelines, cut off by Aku killing the Guardian.

>They never mention King Jack in Season 5

calling it now, that plotline will never be closed and the 10 part series doesn't bookend the series.

It should because people are gonna be pissed as fuck that they waited over 10 years for the story to still have no definitive conclusion.

So, am I the only one who noticed that we never see Jack's sword? I mean, he weilds a lot of weapons in the trailer, but none of them are his sword. I think it'll be awesome to see that storyline.

>Rewatching entire series to prepare
>Get to Lava Monster
>Mfw this fucking show

I never got to watch all the episodes back when it aired. Where the fuck has this show been all my life?

>A monster that got one episode out of 50 still had more character than most modern shows' protagonists.

Okay, In just got to The Scotsman

>OOO, THA'S TOUGH TALK FER A GUY WHO WEERS A BASKET ON 'IS 'EAD
>I CARRY ME HAGGIS IN A BASKET
>YOU LOOK LIKE ME NANNY

Holy shit this is better comedy than I've seen in pretty much any animated show

Does anyone else get this sad, melancholic vibe from this show?
I could never enjoy watching it as a kid as it always made me feel down.

>still had more character than most modern shows' protagonists.

Like?

Yer RUDE

>Jack's face when

youtube.com/watch?v=L-LyFMCIpok

With the timeskip and only ten episodes to work with I don't really expect many major callbacks to side characters outside of the Scotsman.

I'd like to see the Princess Bounty Hunter and Da Samurai referenced again in some way though.

It'd be criminal not to bring back DA SA MOO RAI

I'm pretty sure the dialogue literally goes " you can't use it Jack, not yet" or something

REMINDER TO BUY THE BLURAYS AND MERCH WHEN IT COMES OUT

That is, if you want more risks like this.

So how much of that is translatable Scottish slang, and not just ad-libbed gibberish?

all of it

>REMINDER TO BUY THE BLURAYS AND MERCH WHEN IT COMES OUT

So, never?

There's a comment at the top that translates all of it.
I wonder if the writers had a scotsman scream at them for five minutes, recorded all of it, and jotted down what sounded good.

Nah, there will be keychains and shirts and shit.

>Aku plushie never ever.

Look in Hot Topic after the show airs. Buy new.

>Once upon a time, there was a young girl, with the most beautiful red cape...
>And GREEEEAAAT FLAAAAMIIING EYEBROOOOWSS!
Holy shit, you can just hear what a great time Mako had when voicing Aku. I really don't know how they can possibly replace him.

>No more story time with Aku.
Imagine if he did a gig afterward where he voiced childrens' stories as Aku.

>This is the story of poor little Cinderella
>And her evil Step-mother Jacqulinne
>And her two wicked step-sisters, Jackuille and Jackuella

I don't know how they managed to create a villain who could be so menacing, yet so hilarious at the same time.

this episode in particular is one of my favorite 2000s animation desu

This episode won't play for me on Hulu for some reason

Onew of the great things about SJ is that everybody was hit by stereotypes. The japs, the scots, the frogs, the guidos, the niggers, everyone.

Tartakovsky said that he's thankful that it's only 10 episodes, that means it will be a definitive conclusion without any sequels or whatever.

>Not realizing that Jack's culture looks down on promiscuity.

Besides Jack probably doesn't even find non-humans attractive.

>Mondo bot fight.
>All those guns dispensing all those casings.
>Each casing is as big as a FUCKING CAR and weighs at least twice as much.
>Hundreds of those being fired per second.
>They don't even make a scratch.
Even Supreme Commander would be impressed at the scale of this shit.

SAM MOO RAI EPISODE

Thousands, actually, confirmed by the doggos in ep 2. How many thousands? We don't know. It could be 2, it could be 5, it could be 40 or even 400. That said, I think he's done very well for himself all things considered. In his day and age, the most advanced weapon ever devised was the bow and arrow. Now he's faced with flying cars, guns, laser weapons, robots, and everything else under the sun. He's adapted very well for someone going through that kind of culture shock.

>Gotta get back.... (back)
>Back to the past... (past)
I'm an absolute sucker for that callback.

Yeah I got chills when Jack said that in the trailer

>Jack's culture looks down on promiscuity
I thought Jack came from feudal Japan.

I'll buy anything Aku related in a heartbeat.

Can't wait to see Punished Jack and his lust for revenge

Just because it's blood doesn't make it the ultimate edge bud.
Jack's creators actually wanted to work with blood for a long ass time if you look at some of their work, they just couldn't because they were on CN back then.

so did aku learn how to make time portals after jack's dad killed him or what, that seems like an ability you should just use immediately

I dont get it, but its oddly cute.

Samurai Jack on paheal has an awful lot of Blossom x Aku

I like to imagine the reason Jacku isn't instantly slaughtering these things is he has enough self control to be hitting them with the flat of his blade