Justice League of America Rebirth #1

>"The League leads. When there is a Crisis, the other heroes — and the world — look to us first to deal with it, to rally others. We set the example."

—Martian Manhunter Sir Not-Appearing In This Issue

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_catfish
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>A team of mortals

>Recruits Lobo

So Vixen is the MMH to JLAs JLI

Thanks for reading

Support the official release!

I've been waiting so long for a "THIS YEAR ON ___ page from DC.

Action Comics: All-Star Batman:

Ray is cute, cuuuuuuuuute.

seriously we better get some booster and ted on this book i dont care how stupid the reason

Interesting to see that Bats is sticking around. Didn't know if he'd be a temp till the book got speed
Though this does seem like it would have been a good Nightwing JL if they wanted to get him away from the Titans

this isn't terrible it's more like aggressively bland and mediocre

Booster and Ted would be cool.

Oh hey Ryan doesn't have his suit yet.

Gotta say this felt like a very typical Rebirth issue so I'm not gonna fall on it yet but Orlando still has a problem with character voices. As the book goes on hopeful it clears up

>Wi-Fi traveling
Updating Atom's phone traveling, neat!

He is never leaving the Titans unfortunately.

>ray is gay

Really? I guess I should've read up on him lately.

Should read all of the JLA one-shots that came before this

never thought I'd get a touching moment involving Lobo of all people

Roxy is my waifu

His backstory makes it a bit weird given that his childhood was a bubbleboy like

Not crazy about the white on his costume

THICC

I havn't read much lobo but is he talking about fraggin his planet or something else?

Lobo's the backup.

If the League gets in over their heads, this is a guy that fights Superman.

But he's also a piece of shit biker scumbag, so he's "relatable" and looks about as human as Killer Frost.

I don't understand what kind of catfish power she's using

That shield...

I Like it, a very rebirth issue with just introducing everyone and getting the gang together, but it looks promising. Its stupid tho that they have lobo on a team when batman keeps harping on its a team of "human mortals" lmao although im glad because he is the best part of the team.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_catfish

>dem thighs

SISTER?

I look forward to the science shenanigans issue with Choi and Lobo.

So Lobo is basically playing the same role as he did in L.E.G.I.O.N. Figures. Only real problem is that Bruce is no Vril.

Hey Love is Love graffiti.

Manhattan reference!

Is that Not!Captain America's shield as he fights the upcoming Not!Doctor Doom?

That's Orlando in a nutshell

Maybe it's because I haven't read a comic in a while but does anyone else find the lack of pacing, characterization and plot at all revolting?
Ivan Reis's art is the reason I read this but even he couldn't save this from being an awful piece of storytelling in every respect( aside form the visuals).

>Roxy Rocket
ayyyy, nice

Orlando just doesn't really know how to make a book interesting

Yeah, it doesn't help that he's being given the synergy book too.

>synergy

Oh, you're that shitposter.

What do you expect from a first issue where they expect you to read other comics to get the low down?

>The world needs heroes they can KNOW, not gods, to inspire them--show them THEY can be heroes.
Morrison on suicide watch

I guess Batman wants to show the world that anyone can be a superhero, even if that person is an ex-con or a degenerate or even a just plain terrible person.

Is Orlando capable of writing anyone other than Midnighter? That book rules but this is bland

>or a degenerate or even a just plain terrible person.
LIKE US! YAY!

His Supergirl is pretty bad too so it's not a team thing like some writers suffer from.

so what's the difference from the normal Justice League

I expect something substantial. Fuck superhero comics, they expect people to pay for this fuckin shit?
DC sales surging, positive buzz around rebirth titles, favourite artist back on a monthly title and issue number one is a montage of team members joining in the most mundane fashion and then a quick conference. Riveting stuff.

Welcome to #0s/Rebirth issues. Try again in 2 weeks for the actual book

Ennis pls

Besides Lobo, half of the team has super-powers, so what is a "mortal" for him?

they are humans that can easily die

Batman thinks the word "mortal" means "someone who makes really poor life decisions".

>freezes Superman dead in his tracks
>mortal

Thanks op for the storytime.

Batman can justify all he wants but this team makes no sense. DC is just using this comic to introduce a more racially diverse and politically correct team while slapping the name Justice League and sticking Batman in it to make it more appealing to readers.

Could these two fuck already? I understand why they avoid Harley Quinn and Lobo fucking but these two should just go at it.

Aka Batman and the slightly older Outsiders

As a child Lobo was one of the best scientists of his entire race. He engineered a virus that exterminated his entire species besides him.

Weirdly enough, Lobo is the smartest and most educated person on this team.

I'd love to see a comic where Harley tries to date him but he instead talks to Ivy about genetic engineering and space Dolphins.

Ollie isn't a cuckoo quite yet, even if he willingly takes Dinahs dick

I skipped JL vs SS, what on earth does Batman have on Lobo?

Oh man, I hope this book has some JSA hints

Last issue of HJGLC kinda had a "this year in" page

Pretty much every rebirth issue has been middling setup and the actual first issues were better so I'm hoping that's the case here too

Wasn't that background from Starlin's Stormwatch? Kinda surprised they're sticking to it

>even if that person is an ex-con or a degenerate
odd given that this is the same batman who spent most of JL vs SS telling Deadshot that he'd never be anything but a killer ...

He's right, In The New 52 Johns whole deal was showing that the Justice League was a dysfunctional team full of edgy egotistical youngsters that had trouble getting along even after 5 years of knowing each other.

Lobo is gonna be in the DCEU
j-just you watch

Ayy thats actually interesting, lobo character just got way better then.

Starlins a boss of badass cosmic characters

His Stormwatch was pretty rubbish

What is Ollie going to do, fight Lobo dicking his girl while Harley is jumping onto his cock? It's one of those weird polyarmous things, all of them are Libertarians so it should not be a problem if they all act like adults.

>Lobo is gonna be in the DCEU
Given the current popularity of GotG/Deadpool and the fact that SS made bank entirely on the strength of the trailers and the fact people wanted something that was FUN (rather than grim derp); I could see it happening.

But I'm not sure that the Lobo you got would necessarily be the Lobo you wanted.

Both Lobo and superman are the last sons of their planets. The difference is superman fled his plant being destroyed, Lobo was the cause of it's destruction.

Liberty Belle is pretty mucheap confirmed JSA hints

Fifteen minutes of a rampaging Superman being stopped by Lobo putting a fist into his face and knocking Superman around a bit would cost anyone making a JLA movie five million and earn them ten times as much in sales.

>odd this is the same Batman who works with Clayface in Tec and Baz in JL

Why cant Vixen and Cyborg just trade places

Did Ollie and Dinah break up again? I've lapsed in reading GA, or is she just taking care of stuff in her city?

I remember Slobo in Young Justice being the mechanic for the Super-Cycle and having to focus more on his brains and engineering skills than most Lobos since he was a genetic defect

>works with Clayface in Tec and Baz in JL
Sure, but SS vs JL was the lead in for this series (where he also decides to let Killer Frost out of Belle Reve because reasons).

That's some Marvel Tier character consistency, that is.

Seatle is Ollie's city. Dinah is from Gotham.

FUCK YES

Someone remembered that Lobo does Science. Good call Batman.

That's been Lobo's backstory since the Late 80's I want to say

He is the Last Son of Czarnia because he killed all the others, I also want to say that the virus he created to kill all of his people also supercharged all his powers like strength, durability, and regeneration to the ridiculous levels he has now