What is literally the point of remaking The Lion King in “live-action”?

The other live-action Disney remakes made sense because there were humans in it. But there’s no humans in TLK, so they’re essentially making a really fucking expensive CGI feature that’s occasionally chroma-keyed over some physical sets. Other complaints:
>Why is Beyonce in the movie? She’s overexposed and she’s never going to top Austin Powers in Goldmember.
>Why is Seth Rogen always the funny fat guy?
>”Fuck you, birds!” - John Oliver; So why cast him as Zazu?
>The singing in Jungle Book’s remake worked ‘cause it was SUBTLE. You just making an overblown CG production of the Broadway show.
>Why isn’t Jon Favreau making Swingers 2 instead?

Just an excuse to cash in on an old popular movie

the movie is gonna make like 3 billion thats why

1 billion from Beyonce alone.

can someone clarify what the fuck life action means here?
CGI with voice actors?
real actors with costumes?
modern interpretation of Africa being in some ghetto american city?

wtf

>Swingers
Too sexist people have forgotten about films over 10 years ago

Durrrrr y do dizney wan 2 mak munny

>Durrrrr y do dizney wan 2 mak munny
Why make money when you can make quality

infinite shekels + virtue signaling good boy points going through the fucking roof

I was thinking the same thing
>oh it’s a way for a new generation to enjoy the story!
There’s literally (literally) nothing stopping kids from watching the original animated version. It’s not like it was CGI so it doesn’t even look gross and outdated

YAAAAAASSSSS QUEEN B SLAAAAAY B SLAAAAAAY!
That’s so not money

An attempt at a photo realistic cg version of the film that is devoid of all artistic creativity and significantly less enjoyable than the original, like every live-action adaptation.

What's weird is the producers insistence on casting people of color for all the lion roles. Nigga, lions aren't people. Having a bunch African/African American actors voicing animals is no more or less appropriate than Jonathan Taylor Thomas voicing the titular lion king. Stop jerking each other off over bullshit.

I don't get why anyone is upset by this. you really surprised the cast is black?

>I don't get why anyone is upset by this.
Sup Forums is never not upset

money
>you know it will sell because it already has
>get extra money from the nostalgia factor
>throw in a bunch of sjw shit to make it fresh

>2d animation
>not gross and outdated

They could make just as much money for cheaper by just rereleasing the original movie in theaters.

what with all the african royalty being voiced by white people? uh, i don't think so, sweetie!

Nigga

Don’t know if bait or not but I wouldn’t doubt some kids thought this way. My 10 year old nephew was absolutely fucking baffled by my wrist watch

That just makes it even more pointless!

They did that back in 2011.

None of the Disney live action remakes have been good

They were all forgettable with the exception of Pete’s Dragon.

I hate Hollywood.

What does that picture mean?

I just don't feel the need to see them since the originals are so good. Beauty and the Beast is one of my moms favorite movies and she didn't even know there was a remake. Who is seeing this shit?

I don’t know.

Pathetic nostalgics.

Essentially this. Once this film releases Disney will have enough GBP for a lifetime of the world's finest tendies.

Actually I just thought of something: didn't Lion King 3D make boatloads? Why doesn't Disney just do things like that? More cheap 3D conversions, 4K remasters and such, I'm sure that's cheaper than making a whole new top-of-the-line CGI shitfest, and it would probably make just as much money.

I’m pretty sure Disney already has practically enough money to fix the national debt.

Except 3D hasn’t been a thing since 2012 (unless you’re James Cameron)

>t. target demographic numale

Live action lion king will look retarded regardless of whos in it. It's about animals not humans what hey going to dress up in some corny animal costumes?

Money.

Look at the Beauty and the Beast live-action. A big chunk of those characters were CGI, and then the whole thing was just the script from the animated movie and the songs from the animated movie with only a couple of changes. Honestly, I'm glad I saw it on a plane because I'd be fucking pissed if I had paid money to see the same fucking movie I saw decades ago. It's all just a fucking lazy cash-in on nostalgia, which is a smart move given how all these clickbait websites have been milking that for ages. So I guess good fucks to Disney.

>people of color
>that spacing
>nigga
you need to go back.

She couldn’t act in Austin powers and her southern drawl makes her sound retarded

Also
>key and peele aka reddit: the duo
Reaction photo

>James Earl Jones
>white

It's just so normies can wallow in nostalgia.
We all know it's going to be shit. Look at how bad The Jungle Book turned out.
Fuck, look at how bland Beauty and the Beast was

>by disney
For Mmmmmmmmmmoneyyyyyyy

How are they going to make a movie with no human characters in live action anyway?

Just chroma-key the animation over a bunch of physical sets.

Yet that movie was the peak of her acting career.

And the less said about Maleficent, the better.

Because they want this dream to become a reality

But it’s not a liquid. It a many solid pieces of matter that form a hard, floor-like surface.