Lego Ninjago Thread

The first trailer is out.

youtu.be/Q6-6mC7D0AU

That terrible forced humor.

and WB fucks up again

bump

>Luh-Loyd
>How can I ruin your life if I wasn't even part of it?

Got hearty keks out of me.

>directed by the guy behind Tron Uprising

I'll watch it for that

>That terrible forced humor.

dude, this is LEGO.

...but why did they repeat the groom joke ?

Some trailers now begin with a small snippet of the trailer to announce the trailer.

But where's the spinning?

>Mecha recliner
I LOVE IT!

This.

Thorough lack of Spinjitzu

dunno, but i noticed smear frames made of lego parts.

I find it so weird how Lego became this pop culture phenomenon.

LEGO is this kinda institution that it sorta became a given.
The movie bringing back to the forefront of the mindset just let it loose again.

I was worried they were going to try to play the Ninjago property straight and end up with something straight-to-DVD tier. Im glad they're at least trying to emulate the Lego Movie comedy style, we'll see how it works out for them.

>water is not made of lego.

goddamn cheapskates at Animal Logic.

looks like another cynical cash grab that just makes fun of the source material

Poster as well

So a Lego movie

>piece

Not comic or cartoon related.

>animated movie
>Not comic or cartoon related.

goddamit!!

>You ruined my life!
>That's not true. I wasn't even apart of your life how could I ruin it? I wasn't even there.
That got a chuckle out of me.

After watching the series it seems weird that Lloyd is already an adult and the Green Ninja and what I can assume is a Nya equivalent already a ninja.

"I wasn't even part of yƶur life! How could I have screwed it up?"

Is Sensei Wu voiced by Jackie Chan?

Yeah.
He also voiced him in the "Master" short at the start of Storks and Lego Batman.

>2016
year of furry
>2017
year of lego

i wonder what's coming next..

I might see this for him then, plus that fight scene with Lloyd holding the baby seemed like some homage to him.

You're right!

The whole improvisational stunt fight with the fridge.

As a fan of the tv show in my opinion it looks kinda meh. Maybe it's the trailer and the song but I'm not optimistic.

Looks ok. It seems like they're totally abandoning the tone of the TV show though which sucks. Seasons 1-2 were hidden gems imo

So you think we'll finally talk about Ninjago now? please?

Chima movie, when?

So does this have nothing to do with the rest of the series?

Everyone looks so different and old.

Fucking love this stuff. It's all over The Lego Movie, and I suggest going back and watching it again to find all the smears.

I guess it's better than the shitty Ninjago show but I never cared for Ninjago as a property. I suppose it might be ok as another LEGO movie but Ninjago themed, I'm not holding my breath though.

Is it really that surprising? It's a long-running toy franchise that almost every child in the last few decades has played with at one point of the lives. Not to mention it has it's own toy market niche that is basically crack for children since it's only limited by a child's creativity and amount of pieces they have.

>The smears in the LEGO movies are actual pieces
>One of those pieces is a broom
This will never not be hilarious to me.

Well, there's gonna be The Lego Movie Sequel and The Billion Brick Race (think It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World or Rat Race with Lego).

Looks like shit desu. it's obviously targeted at normies rather than Ninjago fans which is a shame because the established universe is dope imo

Never it bombed.

Also were are Jay and cole?

Jay is there but he looks like most of the charcters do compared to the tv show. He's the one talking about his mom at the end of the trailer.

Fuck I just noticed.

>Show
>Games
>Movies
That's now THREE different iterations of Ninjago with different voice actors. I get that they are different sudios but you'd think a company about blocks that stick together would have synergy.

I really, really hate the character designs. Lloyd looks like he has downs syndrome here for fucks sake

Well no comment on the game aspect, which I assume are bad. It makes sense to change VA for the movie compared to the tv show.
On a side note though. Hopefully they at one point play the ninjago theme song from the show. Weekend whip gets me kinda hype.

>yet another critically acclaimed box office smash lego movie

when will they learn

I didn't really care for the show but I watched a couple episodes early on. These characters seem radically different, and the focus has shifted from Kai being the main-ish character to Lloyd. Seems like a retelling of a different timeline.

I am glad they got rid of that obnoxious voice actor for him.

I completely expected this to be shit but it looks fun
I have a feeling that I'll be repeating that for every lego movie that will ever be made

I mean, it makes sense if they want to streamline things.

True. With more budget behind this, plus the Lego writers, it might be more palatable.

>the focus has shifted from Kai being the main-ish character to Lloy
That happened around the end of the first season.

Still, apparently some writers from the show are working on it too.
So, hopefully, it retains some lore to add in with the self-aware humor the other movies have had.

>I find it so weird that this popular toy that everyone and their grandma played with has become this pop culture phenomenon.

>the shitty Ninjago show

Fuck you, faggot. The show is great.

Ah. Well, that would explain it. I stopped watching somewhere in the second season after they revealed Lloyd was the green ninja.

hey show nerds what's the deal with the bad guy having 4 arms in that one shot?

He has four arms and a double length torso

For children maybe.

No reason other than the fact it looks cool. IN the show it's because an evil snake bit him but I doubt the Serpentine will be featured.

Legos and Father issues. What is it about legos and dad issues. First movie was about creative difference between Ferrel and son, Lego Bat will be Bat learning to raise Dick, and now this movie will be a punch clock villian and his estranged son. It doesn't sound bad just patterned.

In the first season the ninjas barring Lloyd since he was villain had 4 elemental weapons. It said who ever welding all 4 at the same time would create a super weapon.
So Garmadon went to a evil dimension and did a ritual changing himself so he could use all 4 weapons at once.

I see thanks

Because Legos should be enjoyed as a family.

Also, who doesn't tear up at a whole cats in the cradle thing?

This and Batman movie wouldn't be released until 2020 due to the rendering time for that much LEGO water.

It was terrible. Sets are still on clearance at Walmarts. Maybe NEXO Knights, but Cartoon Network like the fucktards they are, aren't even promoting it. LEGO might as well give the license to Netflix. Fuck CN and their crap scheduling.

All Lego has to do is make Lego TTG and it would sell like hot cakes.

Don't even joke about that.

Never really bothered with the cartoon but if its any indication of Lego movie and Lego Batman

I probably won't be disappointed

Movie based on a cartoon

Dildos.

>Love the show to death
>Totally hyped for the movie because it looks like it's going to be really funny

Am I too optimistic? Would I be better off being cynical about this?

>he never played with Legos in the water

It's most likely a completely different interpretation. Lloyd was probably raised by Wu and most, if not all of the stuff from the cartoon didn't happen.

That actually looks pretty funny. The last joke made me laugh.

not at all, i didn't watch the show but you seem to be in the perfect mindset for it

>crack for children since it's only limited by a child's creativity and amount of pieces they have.
>tfw your 7rld sister wont touch toys with a pole, and would rather do gymnastics and dance numbers like the Disney Channel stars she sees on tv

>>tfw your 7rld sister wont touch toys with a pole, and would rather do gymnastics and dance numbers like the Disney Channel stars she sees on tv

this is good hobby too!

i am planning to make "Lego Movie retrospection thread" , but everytime i try to make screencaps i end up watching the whole movie.

>For children maybe

He said, posting on the comics and cartoon board.

LCU is real.

dammit, this will get stale!! WAG, do something else as well!

Umm...

they are. next year is smallfoot and S.C.O.O.B

>implying all comics/cartoons are aimed at children or can't be enjoyed universally
Ninjago is just one of those shows that don't have much going for it if you're not a kid with low standards.

Nah. Seems fun.

Dear God no...

>The Billion Brick Race

It better be a Massive Crossover Race between multiple Lego franchises such as DC Comic, Harry Potter, and pretty much anything owned by Warners Bros.

Ah that feeling of despair has shown itself to me one again.

i'm interested in Smallfoot, but S.c.o.o.b. not, another fucking reboot, they want to create Hanna Barbera C.U.

Remember when Pixar released two movies in one year? The first one was a smash, the second was a flop.

This will happen with LEGO. Screencap this post.

From what I've heard, WB is putting all their LEGO IPs into the Batman movie as cameos.

Harry Potter, Wizard of Oz, Lord of the Rings, Gremlins, and Doctor Who.

It'd make sense if the purpose was to set up another movie, MCU-style.

Pixar is Disney's bitch, their glory days are over.

I welcome new player, we need something fresh.

Great, they just broke one of their best rules. I hope LEGO Batman doesn't.

well the money from one will probably make up for the other but who knows not much comes out in September

actually looking at September's lineup I don't think Lego Ninjago is going to have a problem

And LEGO is now officially a seal of quality for moviegoers, along with Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, and Illumination

The Lego Dimentions pack will be the only good episode of TTG ever made, don't worry.

I question why anyone would do anything business-related with Cartoon Network or Nick/Viacom now. What's the point?