Most overrated movie of the decade?

Most overrated movie of the decade?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zyyBlqGbNnc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Inception

good choice but for me it is Dark Knight Rises, JUST a total mess.

pretty much any Tarantino flick
TFA and Rogue one
every single marvel --cinematic universe-- shit

you forgot pic not related

That would be Skyfall or literally any MCU movie like stated hereCivil War, meme dr, spiderman, and everything else is genuine 5/10 schlock at max yet every time people praise them to high heavens as if they are blockbuster masterpieces

>being this contrarian
You could pick literally any blockbuster film, but instead you decide to be a contrarian faggot and pick an actually good movie.

That's not Interstellar

Anything by Nolan

Remember me?

Movie was fucking great. Sit down user

Dont get the Tarantino hate.

Guardians of the Galaxy

that or fury road

Who's right?

>hating on Fury Road
Fuck off.

The Avengers

>it's a Sup Forums conflates it's tastes with the everyday populations again episode
Nowhere outside of this board does 2049 even get that high of praise. Didn't even break 90 on Disney Tomatoes

>liking fury road
>>>/tumblr/

What? OP is asking for overrated films you faggot, of course "our" views will be different from the majority.
Fuck off, and don't come back.

BvS
Justice League
Iron man
X-Men

>being this contrarian

Any capeshit or comedy like Hangover

BR2049 and Fury Road are probably the best sequels we have gotten in the last 10 years.

>Nowhere outside of this board does 2049 even get that high of praise.
It actually does, any place where there's movie discussion. Rotten tomatoes is a joke and the score is brought down by feminist and race baiting "bloggers".

It's one of the best movies of the decade. I'm not sure about overrated, the people who like it like it for good reason, and those who don't usually have poor reasons for liking it, such as "too long" or "too drawn out" even though a good part of its appeal is its ability is good cinematography, lighting, set design etc. and each shot is designed to let you soak in everything thats been put on screen instead of it just panning away to appeal to the more poorly paced ADD movies of today.

>Why a gay person who hasn't even seen the first Blade Runner would spend three hours of a Sunday watching Blade Runner 2049 at Cinerama is hard to recall after the fact. The only reason that comes to mind: Ryan Gosling. Alas, he doesn't undergo the kind of objectification the women do, even though he has the insides of an iPhone. He is not objectified like the women are, even though he's literally an object. There's a scene where he's showering and the camera shows the top of his head and shoulders, like a Head & Shoulders commercial. Not fair! Meanwhile, the bouncing, dancing, puckered, high-heeled, phantom-large women everywhere else (including huge ballerinas dancing through the street) are just to establish that... straight guys made the movie? That nothing will have changed by 2049, women-in-Hollywood-wise? That there are no gay people in the future?

Damn you're right it totally isn't overrated.

I hate these threads.
>"NO ITS NOT OVERRATED ITS THE BEST EVER"

Id say The Revenant though, because of the unwarranted Oscar

>Nowhere outside of this board does 2049 even get that high of praise.
are you fucking retarded

yeah

dumb phone poster it autocorrected underrated to overrated

anybody who thinks 2049 is better than the original is a fucking idiot, but that doesn't it isn't great

Gravity
Fury Road
La la land
That hotel movie with pastel colors
It follows
John Wick

Arrival, Inception, Interstellar all good contenders.

excuse me but you're wrong

t. Hothead

p much this. Spot on user

No it is better than the original.
I'm comparing movie to movie, not how much anime and sci-fi the aesthetic has inspired. No movie can beat the original Blade Runner at that. But just comparing the movies themselves the new one is superior

Are you? Not enough people have even seen it for it to be obnoxiously praised like the likes of a Tarantino film. Maybe you visit certain other websites enough to prove me wrong, but I don't think I am.

almost--it only get praise on Sup Forums and reddit. Meaning it's a fedorafest aimed at the 15-30 yo brooding edgy male demographic.

So you base what overrated means based specifically off the opinion of one anonymous imageboard? By that logic The Pest is more overrated than Get Out. Nowhere in the OP does it specify "most overrated films on this board". He just said overrated.

>B-B-BUT WOMEN DON'T GET IT!!!
>roastie tumblr central loves it
What did the marketers mean by this?

>most underrated film of the decade
FTFY op

But that isn't under the skin, dumb app poster

DKR isn't highly rated though

Boyhood gets my vote

blade runner 2
the force awakens

bl2049 is up there. its always gonna be a 99% chance for shit shows with squeals like this.

No.

only hc fans of the original truly loved it :(

The truth is that the original is in fact grossly overrated.

you don't think 1 major twist can carry a whole movie? whats wrong with you user.

Being on the South Coast of England when it came out the answer for me is definitely resoundingly Dunkirk.

The hype for that movie was unreal. Teenage girls. Old people. EVERYONE went to see that shit.

see pic
there are no twists in Blade Runner though

nah, it's pretty good faŠ¼

It needed this song youtube.com/watch?v=zyyBlqGbNnc

Theres no twist, just a running implication of uncertainty.

Twistfags are the absolute worst. Go back to Nolan.

Fury Road is absolute trash. Awful acting, awful story, awful attempts at emotional scenes (that """sad""" Theron scene, LMAO), awful forced side character drama no one cares about. Just completely awful.

You probably liked it because

>LE WITNESSED XDDD

but Dunkirk deserved the hype. it wasn't overrated at all, which is the point of the thread.

Kill yourself.

bleeding fanboy assholes hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

It was a visual masterpiece and one of the best action films of the decade

>focusing on the script
The hallmark of an uderage redditlord

Blu-ray when?

Raging fanboy detected

>muh nuance

December.

This.

was it really that much of a surprise though? was people expecting kino, i can't remember the hype when it came out...

Faggiest OP of the decade?

>and one of the best action films of the decade
Very ironic you ended with "The hallmark of an uderage redditlord"
You sound exactly like the type of tasteless mongrel that said the same same about dredd then the raid movies then edge of tomorrow and then john wicks

One day you'll grow up and realise that film is a visual medium and scripts shouldn't be read as novels

Every Nolan movie, but especially The Dark Knight Rises and Inception

Your friend wasn't me. I can see through your flavor of the month sensibility riddled post and I don't doubt your favorite horror "movies" of the 2010s don't steer to far from this type up upvote groupthink mindset either