''You're a contrarian''

>''You're a contrarian''
>Translation: I liked this movie and so did a lot of critics. That means this subjective work of art is 'objectively good' and any criticism you may have is factually incorrect. You are either stupid or a troll and I'm not going to listen to you or address any of your arguments. I don't possess the vocabulary to talk about film beyond its most superficial aspects anyway, so this all works out nicely for me.

Some movies are objectivly good. There are flaws in all movies but some films are too good for them to be seen as even a small problem
You're a contrarian

That's not what contrarian means. If you dislike the movie simply because others liked it then you are a contrarian.

>People who say ''Film is supposed to be entertainment!''
>People who have 2001, Seven Samurai, Citizen Kane, other entry level pleb shit on their top lists
>People who have seen 1 film made before the 50s and think they have taste
>People who like Wes Anderson and think they somehow have taste
>People with most movies on list made in last 20 years
>People who have no foreign language movies listed
>People who think korean cinema is good
>People who have movies from Nolan, Tarantino, Aronofsky, Kubrick, Villeneuve, Snyder on their list
>People who have any comic book movie listed
>People who say comfy/based/kino

Sup Forums isn't as contrarian as people make it out to be, look at some of the moves and tv shows this board loves or likes
>lord of the rings
>raimi trilogy
>the mad max movies
>sopranos
>wire
>mad men
>deadwood
>true detective s1
>braveheart
>Lawrence of Arabia
>original blade runner
>godfather 1 and 2
>goodfellas
>Kubrick movies

this coming from someone who is probably a fervent defender of zack snyder and his shit flicks.

t. actual retard trying very hard to have an intelligent thought

Like The Godfather, Shawshank Redemtion, Spirited Away.

When the hell did Villenueve make that stupid pasta?

Only mediocre film he did was Sicario. He doesn't even have a real fanbase. Most people cant even say his name right.

people who have lists

And yes I mean you.

Its veel-nuv in case you wondered.

Based Sup Forums

I knew that but it didn't answer my question.

Is it because Blade Runner?

nobody dislikes a movie simply because others liked it though, the fact that others liked it too much might make you like it even less out of spite but nobody goes 'I'm going to stop liking this movie I really like because there are a few other people who like it'.

>Spirited Away

>blade runner 2049 is an almost 3 hour long R rated visually focused slow burning neo-noir sci fi film with zero quips that deals with the human condition

>too cool to like kubrick
lol

Actually they do.

>nobody dislikes a movie simply because others like it

Welcome Reddit alumni. Enjoy your stay.

>Playing the intelligence game while not knowing what subjective and objective means

Lol Villeneuve is the new Nolan of internet retards and dumb hipsters.

If no films can be objectively good, film discussion is utterly pointless as that implies the individual elements of a film that are the focal point of any critique like acting, filmography, etc, cannot be objectively judged either. Anywhere where a film is judged to be more or less than the sum of its parts fits entirely within the scope of subjective preferences e.g. "I didn't really like it, I'm just not a big western fan." That may on an individual level make a film good yet not enjoyable, but I'm sure we already agree that input like that is useless and non productive.