Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L2_oyGwdX14
youtube.com/watch?v=4xgDpesd428
youtube.com/watch?v=1QkYOqI3jSM
youtu.be/bPq8VT7fx1E
mega.nz/#!hopRzSpR!29Ax4JiFJT2K5nRWCReozv0E0T-YmH7AwLPHgYH3pro
youtube.com/watch?v=-Zed9kIud5Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP's pic related, The Hobbit from 1977, The Iron Giant, Asterix Versus Caesar, Tintin and the Lake of Sharks, Dunderklumpen.

Forgot The Journey to Melonia, that one's a must-see.

American Tail 2

Beavis and Butthead Do America
Heavy Traffic
Mary & Max
American Pop
Triplets of Belleville

Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Tokyo Godfathers and Grave of the Fireflies sort of count i guess

Such a great li-
>Asterix and the Vikings

Why would you choose the by far worst Asterix film? Genuinely curious.

>Time Masters

do people really like this film?

NIMH of the Secret.

Don made this reaction image btw.

youtube.com/watch?v=L2_oyGwdX14

I've been meaning to watch this for a long time.

youtube.com/watch?v=4xgDpesd428

For a lot of reasons. One of those reasons is that most other batman movies feel like "Action Movie featuring Batman" whereas Mask of the Phantasm is actually about Batman directly. It's not some crime plot that the world's greatest detective finds himself embroiled in.

The movie is weird with its choice of themes, so expect the unexpected. Also, it's a little bit 2deep4u, mostly intentionally on the part of the creative team.

Never had so much fun in an animated movie as this one.
It saved me from the bitter taste of that Muppets movie, and I loved how it sort of acted as a spiritual successor to Spielberg's Indy movies.

Will it make me feel 'funny' about a rat?

She's a mouse, but no, not really.

Here's my top 10:

1. Watership Down
2. The Wrong Trousers
3. The Secret of Kells
4. Wall-E
5. Spirited Away
6. Mary & Max
7. Metropolis
8. The Lego Movie
9. Ruka (The Hand)
10. Street of Crocodiles

Rate my taste please.

How come nopony mentioned The Good Dinosaur?

You don't want to cum on that mouse?

Well, since this has already been posted, here are my top Disneys.

I consider it an easier watch than Fantastic Planet and prefer it miles more over Gandahar.

Actually a pretty solid list. Throw Atlantis, Treasure Planet, and Frozen in there and its pretty much perfect

10/10, great tastes user!

my nigga! i was gonna post tintin too!
i remember watching the show when i was a wee lad but my grandparents weren't to fond of all the drugging and shooting

Hot off the press bois! Currently binge-watching Sup Forums movies to fill in any gaps I may have missed.

Very good list.

Land Before Time.

Ignore all sequels yes even Chomper. It absolutely is not the same.

In no particular order:

Brave Little Toaster
Rango
Thief & the Cobbler
The Hunchback of Notredame
Princess & the Frog
Iron Giant
And to be completely honest I'll lap up anything Don Bluth has a hand in.

Just ordered Inner Sanctums. A collection on all the currently released shorts from the Quay Brothers. I'm so excited. It comes with plenty of special features too.

Maybe vuk the little fox?

It's Moebius + Laloux, what's not to love?

It just feels rushed and incomplete. The characters are very forgettable, the pacing is uneven and the movie constantly loses focus trying to do too many things. The psychic guys are the only part part of the movie that seems thought through.

>It's Moebius + Laloux, what's not to love?
Fantastic Planet exists and is a much better realized movie desu

I'll admit, I have nostalgia goggles. We used to watch it on vhs when I was a kid.

Fantastic Planet is indeed brilliant, harder to approach though.

>Sausage party high
>Rango only decent
Other than that good list

>Mean Girls but with horse humans
Careful you might summon him

Shaun the Sheep: The Movie is my favourite.

I'm not seeing The Tragedy of Man on here.

Secret of NIMH will always be my number 1, but I got a nice hankering to rewatch right now

Congratulations on the list. It's very extensive. I really recommend you add Allegro non Troppo and The Tragedy of Man.

I also wanted to ask if you'd considered and decided against adding
Little Nemo's Adventures in Slumberland
The Point
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad
The Rescuers
Leafy a Hen Into the Wild
Fears of the Dark
The Painting
The Snow Queen (50's soviet version)
Sita Sings the Blues
Kirikou and the Sorceress
The Painting
Gay Purree
and The Phantom Tollbooth

Oh, and Tangled

sjyst lista, n00b.

Thanks!

Never heard of these. I'll check them out ASAP.

Only missing a couple of these. I think. My elvish is a bit rusty so I don't know which all of these are.

Can't please them all.

The powerpuff villain or some user?

>Little Nemo, Leafy
They have MAL entries so I put them on the Sup Forums equivalent. Leafy at least.
>Rescuers, Gay Purree, Tangled
Average. Rescuers Down Under is in there though.
>Ichabod and Mr Toad
Only seen the Ichabod segment.
>The Point, Fears of the Dark, Snow Queen, Sita, Kirikou, Phantom Tollbooth
Haven't seen these yet. I struggled to find torrents or streams for half of them last time I checked.
>The Painting
>The Painting
That good huh? I'll watch it ASAP then.

Va fan gör du uppe så här sent? Gå och lägg dig Ree!

No he who is triggered by purple dinosaurs.

Ah, damn, I didn't mean to put The Painting in twice. Don't get overhyped for it. I mean I happen to like it quite a bit, but it's not god tier.

Sita Sings the Blues is public domain so it should be easy to find. It's on youtube, at least.

youtube.com/watch?v=1QkYOqI3jSM

Was it done by the same people who did Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol? The designs looks similar to the designs during the Future segment.

>Barney
>good

I wanna fuck that horse.

So does Fred

youtu.be/bPq8VT7fx1E

Is there a reason no one talks about this movie? Cause I thought it was really good.

>kubo
still no rule34 of him

everyone loves mother 3

>the Sup Forums equivalent
Could you post it?

Status report: Sita, The Painting and the Phantom Tollbooth were all good enough to make it to the high tier in the next edition. Nice work guys!

Ask and ye shall receive.

There are some things I disagree with (Ergo Proxy, Gungrave, .hack//sign...) but overally it's good.

>sexy.animated.horses

Who was responsible for the backgrounds of the last unicorn? It's always one of the things I loved the most about this movie since I was a child. I always like it when series or movies have some special kind of background style, I like this about SU as well.

Dude, what you have posted is a outdated list, heres the up to date version of that list.

The animation was made by Topcraft which is the predecessor of Ghibli.

>Dunderklumpen
Enöga did nothing wrong.

Very few people at Topcraft ended up at Ghibli (really just Toru Hara) almost all their staff ended up finding Pacific Animation Corporation when the rest left with Anno when he and others found Gainax.

And of course Pacific Animation Corporation later became Disney Japan/Spectrum when Disney bought out the company and added in a bunch of ex-Sanrio (Shigeru Yamamoto) & ex-TMS (Saburo Hashimoto) staff.

mega.nz/#!hopRzSpR!29Ax4JiFJT2K5nRWCReozv0E0T-YmH7AwLPHgYH3pro

It wasn't very popular on release, so most of Sup Forums doesn't know it exists. I liked it, even the extended ending which seemed to get a lot of criticism

Watching the trailers I was so put off by the uncanny valley mocap I immediately wrote it off as shit. But then I was gonna go to the cinema with some friends, but they weren't showing that much, so in the end I said 'fuck it' and we went to see this.

Holy shit what a ride. It really was an Indiana Jones movie but with all the charm of Tintin intact. The chase scene in Caraboudjan or whatever it was called is a fucking marvel to behold. I was even surprised the mocap actually looked better than I was expecting.

>Street of Crocodiles
I recognize the Quay brothers as artists, but man their short films really aren't my cup of tea. If we're talking stop motion art films I prefer Jan Svankmajer much more.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Zed9kIud5Y

There's not much talk because not a lot of people have seen it, and those that have liked it, so there's not that much to talk about.

All the Little Prince scenes were fucking perfection, the story about the girl and the old man was surprisingly poignant and fit the message of the original book. The controversial ending I thought was really weird at first, but I actually liked it once I realized none of it is real and the entire thing is pretty much her trying to fix everything by going the cliche "defeat bad guy and save the little prince", but in the end she learns that there's no changing the fact the old man and the flower are dying and that death is a part of life. It sounds really bad but is executed much better than I would've expected. Only bad thing was the little prince suddenly being an awkward stumbling loser played by Paul Rudd.

az ember tragédiája since everyone is posting obscure shit

probably star wars with owls otherwise

Don't lose your way
With each passing day

>The Phantom Tollbooth
>high tier
No offense to Chuck Jones but that movie is mediocre as fuck. Awful adaptation of the source material

Absolute favorite film of all time right here.

What about short films?

>The Illusionist
>Only decent
I'm fucking triggered right now

>Barney
>good

Watched this recently and it was much better than expected. Using children as the VAs makes all the difference.

DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY

>Song of the Sea high
>The Secret of Kells decent
Well fuck you too.

>Mulan, Tarzan (!), Treasure Planet (!!) high
>Sleeping Beauty decent

>Anastasia, fucking Pocahontas
Seriously?

>Zootopia high
>Rango decent

>Le Grimdark Rabbits meme
>Fucking overrated Rene Laloux again

Holy fuck I'm fucking triggered.

>Tarzan (!), Treasure Planet (!!)
Sorry, meant to be "Treasure Planet (!), Tarzan (!!)" Not that it changes much though.

You forgot
>Cars decent
>Tangled doesn't even make the list

I disagree with you about Watership Down though, that's a good movie.

Song of the Sea got more of an emotional reaction out of me than Kells did which would put it higher up, but that's just my opinion.

>legend of the galactic heroes is not in high tier

your list is shit desu

One of my personal faves is Night on the Galactic Railroad, I even have a DVD from Japan.

>Barney
>good

Metropolis?

>Five years of modern dance, six years of tap

What did the source material do better?

My charts has an uncanny ability to trigger people for some reason, and they're not even bait. At least you're taking it better than Sup Forums, they went ballistic last time.

Sorry user, only works better than Shitcom are included in the chart for now. If I'm feeling generous I could include it in an eventual decent tier though.

Metropolis is anime. Are you thinking of Metropia? That one was awfully dry without having good enough technicalities to make up for it.

The Iron Giant, Destroy-It Dan, Disney's Hunkules, Land Before Time, Watership Down, and You Are Umasou (it's not a fuckin anime, fight me)

Bakshit's Wizards

That's because Sup Forums is filled with elitists that have their heads stuck up their asses. Sup Forums might passingly call your taste shit but they won't completely sperg out like Sup Forums. The problem with ranking lists is that everyone has their own tastes and if you rank a title they particularly hold deal much lower than they think it is then they'll feel a bit miffed. The Illusionist deserves to be higher than "decent" though.

>Clannad
Everytime I searched for the Irish band on youtube I got results for some anime.

Did you call me?

>Barney
>good

By chance, have you considered the Sanrio films? They're actually Pretty good. The Fantastic Adventures of Unico, Sea Prince and the Fire Child, A Journey Through Fairyland, and Chirin Ringing Bell.

Unico was just okay. I considered Chirin no Suzu but decided against it in favor of Arashi no Yoru ni which I consider marginally better. Fairyland I'm very unsure if I've seen, I could be confusing it for some other movie I saw way back, either way I'd need to rewatch it. Sea Prince/Fire Child I'll give a try.

>You Are Umasou (it's not a fuckin anime, fight me)

>made in Japan
>by a Japanese studio
>with Japanese staff
>and Japanese cast
>based on a Japanese picture book

Whatever you say bro.

I looked up Chirin ringing Bell and it says it's Japanese/American production, so did some American studio fund it? Or help on some animation or something?

Oh, she'll kill me one day or another. But she will remember forever that I caught her; that I held her prisoner. So there's my immortality, eh?

I think that's a great line. Definitely one of the more memorable in the film.