The Great X-Men Storytime - Legion Special

Last time in GXS we were about to hit Fall of the Mutants, and while we *will* read that (eventually, please bear with me), I decided to do something a little different to celebrate the release of FX's Legion show.

So sit back and enjoy the first arc of Simon Spurrier's X-Men Legacy.

thanks x-user

didnt you leave your storytimes close to when Psylocke voted to kill Havok? right before the outback era?

Ill check to see if I can watch Legion in my country, I think it will be shown in Fox

Unfortunately, Tan Eng Huat's art isn't up to par with the writing, although I don't think it's *that* bad, just bland and forgettable mostly.

Yep, like I said, right before FotM and also right before my favorite Claremont era. We'll be back soon-ish.

God, it's gonna be so long before we get to this in the Storytime proper...

Spurrier proudly continuing Claremont's tradition of gratuitous Star Wars references.

This is right after Carey's run, right? I've never read it, but was it any good? I like his Hellblazer and Lucifer

It was good, except for the retarded Rogueneto ship, which is as stupid now as it was then.

Man, this could have been such a pretty, trippy book on the right hands.

Time for shit to hit the fan.

Spooooky.

So yeah, this first issue takes place towards the tail end of AvX.

:(

Man I forgot about Blindfold although I really liked her in this book but I guess she was never used again anyway.

I honestly think this might be one of the best covers for an X-Book. Perfectly encapsulates Legion during the series as he clashes with the ideologies of more established characters.

Sorry about that, my computer had a brain-fart for some reason.

All of the covers in this series are fucking amazing, which makes the interiors even worse by comparison.

Gee, ya think?

Chinese Stormtroopers?!

That's one hell of an introduction.

>Ms. Magoo
wow rood

Being David is suffering

>genequeer
I'm surprised that one never took off.

Damn right, motherfucker.

Damn, the art starts out a lot better than I remembered with decent inks and colors and Huat presumably taking his time.

It becomes such a mess in some of the later issues.

>This is right after Carey's run, right? I've never read it, but was it any good? I like his Hellblazer and Lucifer
Just remember to start with Carey's Adjectiveless X-Men first. It's the run right before and leading into Messiah Complex.

That's gotta be a t-shirt, right? "What Would Prof. X Do?"

Oh yeah, there you got stories like Supernovas, which I really enjoyed.

Time to kick some ass.

ANOTHER Star Wars reference? Damn Si, between this and the current setting we're going balls deep into Claremont territory, ain't we?

Damn, that's a throwback and a half.

Is this a fetish thing? I think this might be a fetish thing.

>Elmer Fudd
Remember who you work for, Spurrier! Ha-haw!

crowposters should be banned

kek

lol

Gotta take a break here, brb

bumpero

And like a real X-Man, X-user has finally come back to life.

As much I loathe current Marvel, this series was amazing and the covers are among the best I've seen in my life. Holy shit, that artist.

A'ight, I'm back.

You missed a few of my non-X storytimes, famalam.

Mike Del Mundo is great, and one of the best art finds of the 2010s. I've actually been considering following Waid's Avengers for his interior art.

And yeah, X-Men Legacy was the shit. Spurrier really knocked it out of the park in most every regard. Character voices, running plots, emotional beats, everything was nice and tight and worked very well.

I've been wondering this for literal years...

Who is the bottom left face on this cover? Legion, Logan, Nathan and Mags are obvious, but that one I've never been able to determine. Scott?

Shame Del Mundo keeps getting wasted on shit writers.

I pulled Elektra just for him, and while the plot was eh it was still very worth it.

It's a damn shame he didn't follow Si to go do bizarre british sci-fi, and become a rebirth of Milligan/McCarthy

Probably, yeah.

Yeah, Cyclops.

>Nathan
I'm not sure. Might be a weird pic of Xavier. It would make a lot more sense and line up the major leaders of mutants of then and now.

...I hate you for putting that idea in my head. God fucking dammit.

Nah, look at the shoulders and crazy veins in his neck. That's totally Cable.

You can see the white hair, the '90s shoulderpad, and come on, the glowing left eye is Nate's schtick.

Seriously! These two would go so goddamn well together. It's an absolute shame that they got this close at this point, but never went and did the full partnership.

Si deserves an artist he can let loose and trust.

What's he been up to nowadays anyways? Last thing I remember was an image book, Cry Havoc.

That's it, I think. There's also a Dark Crystal comic that's about to come out based on an unmade sequel.

Oh, and that Suicide Squad issue he co-wrote. Wonder if he'll work on any more DC stuff.

>this and not the New Mutants storyline

Lil disappoint. Scinkevitch is I think somehow involved with the show which is cool

I wanted something with David as the protagonist instead of the antagonist, but I did consider it.

Funny how Wolvie can be both the team badass and butt monkey at the same time.

Have they said if TV David is Prof X's kid?

Man we should've gotten and X-movie with Fassbender and Mcavoy fighting Nazis and stealing their gold. 2 hour adaption of that one issue

Yes, just go after him one at a time, ya dummies!

That's better.

>Have they said if TV David is Prof X's kid?
I think they've said he IS his son, but they won't be getting either Stewart or McAvoy for the role if he ever appears.

Ah shit, gotta go walk the dog. Excuse me, folks.

bark bark

A'ight, let's finish this shit.

Oooooooh, shit.

This artist is like a poor man's Coipel.