True Detective

Is True Detective season 2 worth watching? I've heard bad thing about it
Just finished season 1 and it was amazing.

>Is True Detective season 2 worth watching?
Yes - it's one of the best shows in recent years, and I think it's better than S1
>I've heard bad thing about it
The people who say bad things about it expected S1, and instead got a noir that was convoluted, grim and didn't have 'muh atmosphere'.
Some people here also hate it because there's a gay character and a woman detective.

S1 has one great character. S2 has at least 2, probably 3 and the superior ending.

Yes

It's different than season 1
So if you can accept that. It's good

If you can't.. Then you're like the rest of the autistic children on here

some dialogue is bad
I'm not talking about Vince, his is kino

Vaugh, Farrell and Kitsch's greatest roles ever.

it's not as good as season 1, but still good

season 2 is more of a comedy

It's fucking shit, isn't compelling at all, is unnecessarily convoluted and is full of laughably depressed characters. But you should watch it for the memes anyway.

It's worth watching but not great. Ludicrously convoluted

Season 2 is an unfinished overwrought aimless mess with flashes of something that could have been good

Watch The Night Of instead and pretend it's True Detective Season 2.

>The people who say bad things about it expected S1, and instead got a noir that was convoluted, grim and didn't have 'muh atmosphere'
this

It's quite good and the backlash against it was too strong. It wasn't a miracle like season one so people overreacted.

Yes it's flawed, but it's worth watching and better than 99% of stuff on tv.

Give it a go, most people in the thread are right. I just finished watching it a second time yesterday and while it has its flaws when it comes to the general plot the atmosphere it creates about L.A. and Vinci is just as strong as in season 1 but wholly different.
But no matter the faults, I enjoyed it because it was in a sense exactly what I wanted from it: a completely different story from the first.

Season 2 is worth it, but it wasn't season 1. Vince is fucking great.

S2 is trash.

It's nothing like the first season. It's rather boring and the characters are unlikeable.

If I wanted to listen to a bunch of people complain about how bad they have it every single episode I would've watched Spanish soap operas, at least with those you know exactly what you're getting into

the vince posting on Sup Forums was the only good thing about TD season 2. The show was terrible.

>Yes - it's one of the best shows in recent years, and I think it's better than S1
wonder what kind of a loser one has to be to purposely lie about something like this on an anonymous internet board. Truly the most pathetic of people

I'll second this. The Night Of was a good series.

Season 2 is great and much more rewatchable than S1.

t. Colin

S02 is arguably better than s01

It's not as good as season one, but not as bad as a lot of people say. You can tell they wanted to do more with it and cut some stuff out though. It's also a slower burn than the first, as it 4 main characters instead of just 2.