Pick one

Pick one

What's the one with the ridges for?

I'll take two.

Bottom.

Gyuto is best style.

Second down has best hilt, so that

So the blade doesn't get stuck on foods like potatoes.

The Tojiro Dp-10, love it.

Bruh, does that one even have full tang?

No because that's inferior

It supposedly makes food less likely to stick to the knife.

The Wusthof.

Can #2 even be sharpened? That handle prevents getting that grind angle.

Any of them. I've studied the blade long enough.

You can sharpen it on the whetstone just fine, the angled handle doesn't get in the way. It's a Wusthof knife designed for restaurant line cooks, people who are most likely to sharpen their knives frequently. They considered all these things in the design process.

The English can't pick any.

Her pleasure

I've actually wondered what they do for people that need knives for work. When I was a cook I used to bring a knife roll to work every day.

I got a new one on sale last week, what do you mean by this?

>mfw nobody picks #3, which is the most expensive and best reviewed knife of the four

the one my boy binging on cabbage uses.

Top customer review on amazon has this pic. Not that i have any skin in the game but ill take a german over jap knife for durability

Mac supposedly makes really excellent knives. Thomas Keller even shills for them. Jap style knife crafting with a western handle is the best of both worlds

What steels?

Bottom design is the most visually appealing to me.

Top one. I like the solid pommel

Japanese knives are almost all hard and brittle like that. That wont happen if you know how to treat them. They can't be used like a cleaver like European softer steel knives. I've never been able to get a German knife that stays as sharp as the Japanese ones. It's a trade off for durability

Pro tip: That's not the same model of knife as the OP (look at the point where handle meets the blade). Also, that knife was probably damaged in transit, not sent out of factory like that.

That would be illegal in New Mexico, since walking from your car into the building would be considered concealed carry. Though it's perfectly legal to strap all of them to your body like a maniac.

Fuck ur stainless.

>Though it's perfectly legal to strap all of them to your body like a maniac.

Better get a good knife bag or risk accidentally filleting your back when a blade pokes through.

>I've actually wondered what they do for people that need knives for work

you need to stop basing your world view off of Sup Forums

>you need to stop basing your world view off of Sup Forums
nah

But do you have an answer? Are people in the UK allowed to carry chefs knives even though they have very strict knife laws?

Well I'm obviously going to get forged over stamped steel, so #2 is out. I also laugh at those meme 'speed' divots so #3 is put. That leaves top and bottom, and since top is same brand as shitty stamped knife and the bottom has all japanese characters for the brand I'll go with #4. What do I win?

to/from work if they're chefs, yes

this
"high end" stainless is a joke

*rusts your path*

>'speed' divots
Those are called "Granton edges" since they were first patented by the Granton Knife Company. It's supposed to make food not stick to the knife, not make it cut faster.

Greedy fucking frog.

take care of your tools

Food sticking to the knife doesn't slow you down?

*not make the knife go through the food faster

Why would you try to do that, should be controlled strokes at constant speed despite knife used. What I do hate is being slowed down by food sticking to the knife though.

Criminally underrated.