OK, can we talk about the amount of you-know-what plotlines in Stranger Things 2...

OK, can we talk about the amount of you-know-what plotlines in Stranger Things 2? The show was pretty heavy handed with it.

Nancy tries to sustain a relationship with Steve, even though she doesn't love him, and loves Jonathan. Even after nancy was clearly in the wrong, Steve still tries to repair the relationship he knows is lovesless.

Lucas and Dustin both desire the same girl. But Dustin gets distracted with the pollywog, and by the end of the series, he loses the opportunity to make a move.

El walks in on Max attempting to impress Mike. And instead of reading the situation properly, she gets jealous and storms off.(this trope is extra annoying. It's a contrived misunderstanding for the sake of forcing drama)

Bob is the nicest, coolest boyfriend in the world. Yet Joyce still goes after Hopper. In one scene, Joyce is literally feeling Hopper's face in a very intimate manner, while Hopper pats Bob in a pitiful manner, and Bob looks the other way.

Billy takes over the school, when Steve used to be the King. Grabbing all the attention from the girls, and the admiration from the guys.

Hopper hides El away from Mike for a year. Emotionally, Hopper is connecting with El, while Mike is left in the dark.

And they fit all this stuff in only 9 episodes. Am I the only one who finds this odd?

tl;dr?

>you-know-what plotlines

Excuse me?

Shit plots? Cliche? Unresolved?

Cuck stuff

Oh, sure. It's the in-thing right now I suppose.

Either that or lazy writing. Deciding to have characters like each other automatically generates story.

Actually being this obsessed about cucks speaks a lot more about you, son.
>Cucks Cucks Cucks Cucks WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT KEKS IM NOT TALKING ABOUT CUKS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT KEKS WHY IS EVERYONE SHOWING ME STUFF ABOUT KEKS!??!

Pedowood is degenerate, blah blah blah, old story.
Why do you care about it so much?
What is it about this topic that resonates within you OP?
Present material or not, honestly I couldn't care less about that shit. It's certainly not the first thing that comes to my mind when watching something, but it surely worries you though.

>people legitimately get triggered over this
I thought it was just a meme. You people are pathetic.

I care because it stands out as a pervasive theme within the show I spent nearly 9 hours watching. I mean, if you're going to take the "it's old news look the other way" mindset, then it can easily be applied to the entire show. Half the show is retreading 80's material, and the other half is filled with old tropes and cliches. But I watch the show, because it's all presented in an interesting manner. It's entertaining.

So why do you get so defensive when someone brings attention to a theme they're witnessing in their media? Why am I the weirdo for thinking this stuff is odd?

I can't believe I forgot Billy charming Mike's mom, with dad sleeping right there in the other room.

is this about Will being gay

>Come back. See OP actually read the stuff
>defensive
>implying I give a fuck
Look, user, I'm trying to do you a favor here, though it surely may sound as trolling, but remember where we are and the language it's used here. See past that and look at my god intentions.
You sound like a Sup Forumstard. Does that trigger you?
Stop reading if if does, but if it doesn't, bear with me, it's for your own sake.
And before you get triggered by politics, no I dont five a flying fuck about them either. And that's my point. The less you care, the less you suffer and get triggered by dumb shit.
So it has a few "cuck" situations... so what?
Does it affect you in any personal way?
Why?
Moreso. Can you do anything at all to change it?
The one thing you can do if it bothers you so much, is stop watching.
Otherwise, being fizated by "le cuck" is a meme of exclusive belonging to Sup Forums. If that is the case, you should perhaps go back and stay there, and I mean this with the best of my intentions. You will be happier ranting among other Sup Forumstards who understand you.

Maybe OP is just annoyed that he expected a show about dumb kids fighting an interdimensional being (like, you know, what it was advertised as) and got pointless relationship drama for most of the runtime instead

I know I fucking am

One more thing before I go
Obsession is your problem, not the world's
If someone else is a degenerate, that's their problem, not yours.

>tldr: who gives a fuck, either watch it or dont.

Again, this "why do you care?" attitude is flawed. As it can easily be applied to any aspect of the show. By your terms, there is literally no reason to discuss the show. As none of it should affect me in any manner.
The sad parts shouldn't make me well up. The exciting parts should make my heart race. And the loving parts shouldn't make my heart melt. Because, according to you, the emotions one feels when watching entertainment shouldn't be felt.

I wanted to talk about the cuck thing, because no one else was. I can go to /stg/ if I want a bunch of mouthbreathers shouting "STEVE KING" and asking "What was the point of this character." But that shit is all beaten dirt. So I started my own thread to discuss a particular topic that no one else was addressing.

And it just so happens that you want to talk me out of talking about the theme of the show. Why? You really think you're doing me a favor? You just make yourself sound like a massive nihilistic dumbfuck. Good riddance.

Jesus Christ I can smell the Rick&Morty influence from over here, the new generation is gonna be braindead

Now that's a legimitate complain. You expected something, the show didn't deliver it to you.
I still think it's different that getting annoyed by the presence of "cucks" while seeing cuck-related stuff in everything you see. It's like looking at the world with a pair of glasses that have the word "cuck" in it. You can't see anything else.

>triggered
Well I did try.
>Rick and Morty
>Nihilism
>Literally misinterpreting every single fucking word
Holy fuck you dudes are high to presume such bullshit
Anyway enjoy your cuck talk then. Yeah they're everywhere hurr durr etc...

>"Before I go"
>Sticks around to post further.
>"I'm doing you a favor"
>"Well I did try"
You sound like an arrogant fucktard, no matter how you look at it. As if you're the cool guy with the key to chill, and you're surrounded by irrational frothing Sup Forumstards. Get over yourself.

> seeing cuck-related stuff in everything you see.
>Yeah they're everywhere hurr durr etc...
Where did you get the idea that I'm seeing cuck stuff everywhere? Where did you even get the idea that I'm from Sup Forums. You're living this weird fantasy where you're righteously shitting on some sociopolitical fanatic. Get real. You sound crazy right now. Like "hurr durr, Sup Forums is everywhere." If you don't want to discuss the topic, then simply ignore the thread. It was dying without you anyway.

The way I see it, the writers had zero clue on how to stretch a Mindflayer encounter to 8 episodes so they had to shoehorn in the low-hanging fruit that is drama as well, and the best part of drama in a show like this is that it doesn't have to be creative, just do what literally every other relationship movie or show has done and most of the audience will still be satisfied and happy, for reasons that elude my understanding. That's mainly why I straight up don't believe they started writing season 2 before 1 was greenlit like they said they did, but hey too bad I'm not omniscient.

Point is, I really doubt it's on purpose, it's just that from a writer's perspective if you're going to add a romance subplot it's never going to be happy because happy is boring so naturally it has to be like
>Nancy is dating Steve which is the perfect boyfriend but she is actually in love with Jonathan but keeps lying to herself!
which is a tired old trope that reeks of 'old lady gossip' but as long as people don't complain it's going to keep getting made, since expecting screenwriters to figure it out by themselves is a bit too much to ask for. Then again, if nobody complains about stuff like this, am I the weird one for thinking it's stupid?

>Steve still tries to repair the relationship he knows is lovesless.

Not really, Steve moved on because he isn't a bitch.

I don't think you're weird. A lot of the material was very cliche. But personally, I don't mind cliches if it's told in an interesting manner. The cliche that bothered me most, was El conveniently finding Mike and Max together in the gym, and then running off without trying to understand the situation. It was just so forced, I can't get over that shit.

And I don't really mind all the relationship stuff. Because I think it strengthens the bond of the characters, and in turn, that's what makes me care about their well being. But at the same time, I don't really understand why the mindflayer decided to inhabit Will. It didn't seem like an effective strategy for.... whatever it was trying to do.

Remember the part where he bought Nancy roses, and was preparing his apology before Dustin interrupted him.

>relationships strengthen the bond of the characters
Unless it's poorly written which brings me back to the low-hanging fruit. We've already had the love triangle last season and it was nothing fresh then either but someone felt the need to bring the exact same triangle to season 2 and add -another- one just for kicks. Where you see character development through relationship drama, I see wasted screentime that could've been much more effective if it was better written. Then again I'm also the guy who thinks banter is the best way of characterization so I don't even know anymore.

Ironically your Mindflayer complaint just brings this conversation to a full circle. Sure it was explained that Will made for a great spy, but that was about it. Time that could have been spent developing the Upside Down and its rules and inhabitants was instead spent on Billy threatening his step-sister to stay away from Lucas. Again, I don't think this is propaganda, I just think the writers are hacks who went for the easiest route in order to put the show in circulation and make money instead of being creative for a change, and that's what annoys me the most.

>Bob is the nicest, coolest boyfriend in the world.

More than that, he is the perfect man. Literally 11/10, husband of the year all years, a partner for a lifetime of sweet loving.

and he doesn't exist. I now how JOIfags feel now.

How is a chubby middle-aged nerd with the career high point being a small electronics shop the husband of the year?

They could have probably cut the love triangle out for Lucas Max and Dustin. And reinforced Lucas as a character, if he tried to do more for Max. Like they explained in the beginning with the Ghostbusters costumes, no one wants to be Winston, because he's too bland. And that's the same problem Lucas has. Like, they could have emphasized how self centered he is, and then show him trying to be more selfless to try and better his chances with Max. Or maybe, he tries to compete with Max, because she's kind of tough, and he want's to present himself as tough to match her. I dunno, my ideas are probably cliched too. but the general idea would be to replace the love triangle with something else.

> instead spent on Billy threatening his step-sister to stay away from Lucas
I liked that. We can get an explanation on the upside down some other time. I like the fact that they're a bunch of country/suburban folk, who have no idea what they're up against and get in over their heads. It's going to take some magic away when they understand the enemy.

The cucks are upset with the fact that there kind aren't welcome on the the cool kids board Pol.

Get help you fucking psycho.

>good with kids
>good for you
>kind and generous
>romantic
>works
>not lazy

He's fucking perfect, mate.

Passionate, confident, assertive, good income, good to your boys, admires you as a person and sexually, intelligent, dependable, still has full head of hair, big teddy bear. Name one bad thing about him.

> why am I the weirdo for thinking this stuff is odd?
you appear to have some abnormal fixation with inferiority, I suggest resolving your self-esteem issues

>Billy & Lucas
It's not that one specifically, it's just an example of what happens for like half the show. There's just too much of it man, I wanted something to fuel my imagination not kill it completely with who's-sleeping-with-who tripe. Like, if I wanted that I would've watched Gossip Girl.

For a second, I thought there was something sinister about Bob. When he told that story about how he got over abuse, I thought he was actually talking about the mindflayer. I was ready for him to be revealed as another mindflayer spy or something. Like, he thought he made it go away, but instead it was dormant, and using Bob to get close to Will for some reason.

But instead he just died like the patsy he was set up to be.

They were fitting way too much in this season, I really dislike when TV shows end on a cliff hanger and then don't resolve or address that cliff hanger until two episodes later cause you have a bunch of other BS.

Its why I stopped with Walking Dead, it was like two different tv shows at times.