Why doesn't he just learn magic?

Why doesn't he just learn magic?

Batman as well

Why doesn't batman wear a armor suit

The future is now now bruce

Look at lex with his gold suit

Un-American, sorcery was invented by the Russians during World War II as a means to combat Hitler's forces and it was brought to the streets America on the same ship as the AK47

His pride won't let him

it's just not in his Dennah

Christ OP he CAN'T learn magic because

because....

Fuck...ya got me....

Magic is heresy.

That is a good point.

Maybe DC will do something like that within out lifetime

We already have a Magic Superman

Isn't he allergic to magic?

No, his solar-forcefield just doesn't do anything against it.

I like to think that using magic means you gotta tap into forces beyond your ken. Superman doesn't like the idea of using power derived by something he doesn't understand (the scientist in him due to his pops I guess) and Batman doesn't trust the JLA let alone the Wizard Shazam.

>Why doesn't batman wear a armor suit
The last suit of armor he wore turned out to be enchanted berserker bullshit that quickly drives the wearer insane with dark magicks with a k.

All those witches he saw burning in hell when he was running hell convinced him profaning god's laws isn't a good idea

He literally can't. And there's a reason. The same reason Superman always seems to win a rematch against something that took him down the first time.

His senses.

Superman can perceive almost anything that exists. The interactions of everything around him are easily observed. He can stare at an alloy he's never encountered before and calculate it's melting point. This understanding is key to his powers. His power defies physics, because he understands better than almost anyone how the universe works. And when he has more experience with something, when he understands it, he knows how to better respond to it. His powers literally learn how to counter by reflex. The problem with magic is, there's nothing for him to see, no underlying forces that even his senses can detect, so it's practically his nature to not comprehend magic, and if he can;t comprehend it, his powers can't adapt to it.

Because he believes one person should not have that much power. Especially since he himself has been brainwashed and let loose upon the Earth before. If he knew magic then that would prevent one of his biggest counters from actually counteracting him, with magic Kryptonite might not even be able to do anything since he could just do a spell to turn it into whatever.

Batman doesn't trust magic. As for the armor, he believes it would make him go soft and start relying on just it and nothing else. Plus it would be overkill to most of the things he goes up against regularly.

I really like this explanation.

Like the bit in ASS where luthor is talking about everything being connected coz he... He get supermans power right?

I havnt read ASS in too long. Someone should storytime.

Where's your source for this?

Just look how well he did almost powerless against Godslayer and whoever that other guy was. He should have been fucked, but instead took down a guy that was strong enough to successfully stab him at half power.

11,000+ comics featuring Superman. There is no empirical proof, just theory based on hundreds of pieces of evidence.

That's not a "literally can't", that's an "out of his comfort zone".

Don't you have to be born with it? You have to have the source/spark inside you to be able to wield magic in the DC universe. It's a binary genetic pass/fail to wield magic, on top of needing study and discipline.

goes against his whole ninja weeb-thing

Yes. You have to be a homo magi to be able to use magic, and it takes years of study to use with any effectiveness.

Not necessarily. There is quite a bit of basic shit that could be done by people by studying the occult and using simple magic items.
Additionaly, I am fairly sure that you can get magic abilities from outside source.

Lex should to be honest.

Not necessarily, magic in DC is hardly reliable enough to be so binary. The real reason is because for most people magic isn't like Zatanna or Captain Marvel, it's a dangerous unpredictable force that could easily blow up in your face unless you dedicate yourself to it wholly. And Superman doesn't need that, he 'gets by' just fine with massive superpowers instead.

I'm OK with this.

>Zatanna and Raven are hard counters to Superman

What this guy said also applies to Batman and Luthor, the later even saying that "is not that I don't 'believe' in magic, I know there is something you people call magic, but I refuse to work with something I don't understand". The same can be said of Batman approach to magic, then again, while he completely sucks at it, he works with the likes of Zatanna and others to get magic artefacts and protect his cave with a magic barrier.

This.

....just leave

That's what Superman needs more power.

You're all overthinking this

Supes doesn't use magic, because despite how some people might view him he doesn't want to be or view himself as a god. He knows how to counter magic but won't use it until he knows we can use it responsibly

Brave and the Bold batman had a suit of power armor available in his belt at all times, a car that could turn into a mech and a superman buster armor. He also had a lantern ring powered armor he used in a few episodes. He used them whenever he was dealing with big guys.

Magic-wise, he had enchanted weapons for dealing with mystical bullshit.

Of note, is that it seems like you have to be special to learn magic or otherwise be granted power by some entity. Manyt magical DC heroes and villains don't even have powers, and rely on enchanted objects.

Dubs are wasted on your lack of imagination. Want an example? Okay. Round one.

And round two. The same encounter, and here Konvict is stronger than he was the first time, but Superman is handling him easily.

If Magic doesn't have rules then how does it even work?

I didn't say there are no rules, just that the forces used by and caused by magic aren't visible to Superman. He's so used to seeing everything that exists, he can't understand things he can't perceive.

>acting like anything that happened on BatB is relevant in any way whatsoever

loved that show but its obviously over the top and ridiculous, in the best of ways.

That's what people kept saying, then I watched it. Ain't no more over the top than the standard super hero fare. Hell, they kill a fair few heroes off during the series and adapt quite a few very serious stories. The only truly over the top and ridiculous episodes are the pre-opening shorts and the bat-mite episodes.

Besides, this is the most credible "faces cosmic threats" batman I've seen in a while. As he actually has shit for dealing with them on him at all times. To top it off, the equipment is consistent. He has a number of defined tools and these are the tools he always uses. You don't see him getting new shit for every encounter, but rather adapting the shit he already has.

And in the end, nobody specified "Comics batman from the year ___ to the year ___" so, meh. All batman is batman for the purposes of the thread.

It's pure imagination. It's why the core of the universe is the Rock of Eternity and 5-D imps are Monitor-level if not more.

The multiverse is the thoughts of Monitor-Mind, and magic is its dreams.

bruce eventually does make his batman beyond suit

I guess in his prime he doesn't feel he needs it

DC isn't Harry Potter.

It seems to work on a similar logic. Not anyone can just talk backwards and toss spells willy nilly.

Same reason he doesn't ask Bruce or whoever to whip up an anti-kryptonite serum.

You need a convenient weakness as a plot device to move the story along. Not that plot devices are bad per se.

Similar to how rich old guys don't go to the gym: he doesnt have to

>Same reason he doesn't ask Bruce or whoever to whip up an anti-kryptonite serum.
I can kind of see why he didn't bring that up whenever this is still canon.

user, this is a blue board. You can't post ASS on a blue board.

>low tier magic is tied to the forces of earth
>also requires innate talent for it
>since clark wasnt born on earth he cant tap into its specific magic

Why? It's not like TiTS, which severely triggers Americans. Americans love ASS.

cause magic loses to magic and that would make supes double lose to magic

he's STR not WIS

Isn't magic in dc related to heritage?

This has nothing to do with his ability to use magic.

Underrated. Supes' whole point is that he's just a boy from Kansas doing the right thing, who just happens to be incredibly powerful.