Was he the last genuinely good thing about this show?

Was he the last genuinely good thing about this show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_6qWxD2mvtk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, and his almost redemption arc from S4 was pure kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=_6qWxD2mvtk
The song was perfect.

he was supposed to be good?

I quit the show because his arc was lame

He didn't need redemption.

Only the pilot was good.

Well he didnt get it anyway. His arc was still kino.

>dude just shoot your men all the time on a whim lol who needs loyalty lol this is long term thinking

Season 1. Everything since has been really bad.

It's not his fault he was batshit insane. He just couldnt help it.

The Governor was far more compelling than Negan.
He was also far more intimidating, truly unpredictable. Great acting as well.

This. Negan just comes across as funny. Maybe its the memes but its impossible to take him seriously

This show sucked since season 3 began.

>He was also far more intimidating
I find it weird that The Governor of all characters has been the tallest living person on the show, bigger than Tyreese, bigger than Negan, bigger than even Abraham. I think he only got beat out by that freakishly tall walker that attacks Deanna. It felt like they tried to downplay it most of the time, but sometimes it was obvious like when he fought Rick. He also has the best track record at throwing hands. Probably the character I'd be least willing to go toe-to-toe with.

Everything after him seems like a chore to slog through. I miss him lads.

*Blocks your path*

>Dude just kill people giving you half their shit and provoke them non-stop. Dude just kill some of their dudes if they forget 1 cantaloupe. Just walk around like a chad even though there are sniper rifles floating around but its okay because nobody can shoot in this show.

"You must be really scared :DDD pooped in pants :DD" - t. Negan with a bat to Gabriel wielding a semi-automatic rifle.

This only happened because of the last-minute rewrites after Glen Mazzara and Laurie Holden got fired almost overnight. They needed a reason for all of Woodbury's militia to be dead because all the scenes of the prison group killing them in the tombs were cut after Scott Gimple's rewrites wanted an optimistic and moral end to the season with the refugee bus and Carl being chided for killing the Woodbury kid. Really sucks how much this show has been ruined by behind-the-scenes stuff.

>Was he the last genuinely good thing about this show?
I don't know, but I know who the best thing about the show was.

>one of the most entertaining
>one of the genuinely best arcs and development
>some of the highest stakes because you knew he wouldn't have plot armor, especially because he was show OC
I miss when I cared about the show that much, I don't care how pleb it is to unironically love The Walking Dead up to season 3.

his arc in season 4 was legitimately fantastic, far, FAR above anything else the show has done aside from maybe one or two episodes from 5

everything else in the twd ranges from below average to downright terrible

Genuinely confused me there, OP

Season 1

out of all the "villains" he was the only one who actually did nothing wrong