In today's episode of Marvel shills Carol

Name a character in comics that has been shilled harder
twitter.com/SkiRacingCom/status/829281145930006528

Because they don't realize she's basically a nuclear-powered alien hitler?
Brilliant move. Clap clap.

Carol thread!

I find it amusing that Marvel is pushing Carol so much.
Other characters have some kind of a definitive story or arc but Carol has nothing. Just a few average comics.

I hope someone replies with batman or captain america

HAHAHAHAHA really pathetic.

And the stories that are definitive for her are either too embarrassing or were bashed by critics.

All of Marvel's most iconic female superheroes are mutants, and mutants are still trying to be swept under the rug

Well, if you remember the UN made Wonder Woman their female representative or something, that is something Carol could never achieve.

Batman.

giving birth to your own rapist is a pretty definitive story

Batman isn't shilled, he's used to shill.
He's the Rock to [every other DC property]'s Roman Reigns

>Other characters have some kind of a definitive story or arc but Carol has nothing.
IMPREGNATED BY HER OWN SON

And Susan Storm, but we all know what Ike thinks of the FF, also, just like the X-Men, Fox.

I thought the arabian/indian girl had replaced ms marvel?

Plus Carol's series have all been great.

>Plus Carol's series have all been great.

>Everyone I don't like is Hitler

>Other characters have some kind of a definitive story or arc
Uh huh, how many of them have vaginas?
Marvel as no definitive superheroine stories. Their only memorable arcs about girl capes were about them turning evil.

Carol's legitimately the most qualified. That's just how shitty the competition is.

>Name a character in comics that has been shilled harder

Spider-Man. Or pretty much any popular cape character. But of course those don't count because you actually like them

KSD v2 was pretty dire. Otherwise yeah.

>any female mutant besides jean iconic or having a definitive story
Glorified fap bait through the ranks, especially Storm and Rogue.

That's pretty cool.

Wait a sec, I've noticed a grave logical error here:
Literally who are these people and why should I give a shit?
How many plankslide enthusiasts are there on Sup Forums that this is an infringement on your daily schedule?

Shilling in slang is promoting something people don't like in order to force them to like it. So, yes, something people like being promoted doesn't count.

X23 though

And Jean's "definitive story" features her as the fucking villain.

I like the part where she broke her own arm to get out of her restraints and then killed a dude with a sledgehammer.

Except it's not, Shilling is simply primoting something because you are paid to promote rather than liking it. The something people don't like part is made up entirely.

By that very logic, Carol ain't shilling either.
The people such advertising is aimed at wouldn't like or dislike it either way. Because nobody outside of capeshit interweb hovels knows who the fuck she is in the first place. :^)

and? how does that make it bad? if anything it makes her more iconic than Carol.

>replaced
Unlike Nova, Riri and many others Kamala didn't replace anyone. Carol was promoted to Captain Marvel and the mantle of Miss Marvel was left without an owner until Kamala was created and took it.

brUtal

X-23 was a literal whore for most of her superpowered life. Literally a toy for masochists to get off on due to her healing factor. Then, she was aaaaaangst: the character. She's one of those characters that need to be swept under the rug.

Because they wont because she is popular and she will be in a movie sooner than Carol :^)

>promoted
Wait, since when was captain marvel an actual ranked soldier? I mean, I know some heroes do this shit, but I was pretty sure MArvel was not one of them.

In the comics world, that isn't even a unique occurence

It wasn't a literal "promotion". I meant they made her the new Captain Marvel and started pushing her.

Nah. batman is the king of shill. you're just so fucking shilled on batman you actually think you like him now.

Airman, since the 70s.

You can say that for any plot/moment in comics though. user implied Carol doesn't have a memorable moment and was reminded of that particularly instance that qualifies as such.

Not when you're building a brand it ain't.

Anybody who says Carol doesn't have a memorable moment hasn't read Busiekvengers and should leave.

unique was a bad word, I guess I just meant her most memorable moment was something that had happened on at least three occasions

>tfw Marvel convinces non comic book community Carol is hugely popular and sucessfull
>tfw after the film, everyone will be clambering to say how much they've always loved her

character you can easily shill > characters that are actually good

Oh sorry Mr head director of marketing, surely you know how to market a character better.

Let just no take in consideration how prominent Jean was during the 90 with her Jim Lee costume or how many parodies are out ther of the cover where Cyclops and Jean are fighting the Imperial guard.

Sup Forums bitches about movie characters all the time.

Usually in a hipster, "I liked them before the movie" way.

That's not true. Sup Forums bitches about movie characters because >not muh.

it's gonna be fun to see Sup Forums switch to "Carol's always been A list and loved" after the movie like they do with Iron Man

Marvel's first Captain Marvel was literally an alien named who was a Captain in his race's military.
Ms Marvel was a the name a damsel-in-distress he saved took on when she developed superpowers, since she owed those powers to him and considered him an example to strive towards.
Every subsequent Ms Marvel & Captain Marvel called themselves that because trhey were knowingly continuing the original's legacy. With the exception on Monica Rambeau, who was named so because the first witness to report on her exploits recognized was an incoherent french rummy who recognized her as a harbor police boat captain.

Now now. I'm sure a lot of people remember her as the woman Rogue got her cool '90s powers from. Her beating up and taking Arachne's daughter away from her during Civil was was also very memorable. Why does Marvel want to shill her again?

Compared with other memorable moments from other b-list character such a Bullseye killing electra, Magneto ripping Wolverine adamatium or She-hulk ripping vision apart, Carol memorable moments are less amazing and more forgettable.

All as a team player. Nobody much gives a shit for her on her own. They've never been given reason too.
I've never even heard of that cover.

>She-hulk ripping vision apart
>anything from Bendisvengers
>memorable

>hero dying
>hero getting tortured
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bendis
Yeah nah I'm not seeing your point here.

I wouldn't mind putting my Dick in one of them

Sounds hella cathartic.

Sports bras are a crime against humanity. Let them tits fly!

Like it or not user Bendis know or at least used know how to sell an event.

All of those moments are more memorable for comic nerds than anything Carol has done and those character are suppose to be at the same level of popularity as Carol

Fuck me I'm more tired than I realzied.

>Elektra's death
>Magento ripping out the adamantium from wolverine
>not more memorable and recognizable than Carol being raped by his own son
And more importantly. Those are remembered fondly, not mocked and brought up as a joke. I agree with >Bendis tho.

>Like it or not user Bendis know or at least used know how to sell an event.
Him killing Scott Lang out of spite is more memorable than anything that happened in disassambled.

And no, he fucking doesn't, House of M is still badly regarded by most people, the main Secret Invasion book was terrible and outshined by the tie-ins, Age of Ultron was garbage on its entirety and we all know what the consensus of Civil War II is.

It's funny because Moonstone is a better Carol and she doesn't even need to do this kind of edgy shit to get people interested.

Bullseye killing Elektra is more well known, because Affleck. The other 2 really frickin' aren't. I've only ever seen Magneto thing referred to with derision as something best forgotten and you are quite possibly the first person I've ever seen suggest that She-Hulk scene is iconic.

All in all your logic is kinda muddy.

Moonstone's just a basic bitch tho. There's nothing to route for, no struggle to empathize with.

Nobody gives a shit about Moonstone.

Nor Carol.

ICEEEEEEEEEE

And neither is Carol but Moonstone ends up being entertaining at least.

She has a dedicated fanbase here in Sup Forums actually.

Except that she is. Get thee behind me, Kek. For it is checked.

>Bullseye killing Elektra is more well known, because Affleck.
>because Affleck
I can't tell if baiting or just this retarded. If that user you're discussing with replies I'll be very disappointed of this place.

>Bullseye killing Elektra is more well known, because Affleck.
Who is Frank Miller and the critical amazing run of Daredevil he wrote.

>I've only ever seen Magneto thing referred to with derision as something best forgotten

What came after is better to be forgotten but just the scene of Magneto ripping the metal of Wolverine is outstanding and is still reference to this day in comics.

And Carol's got a significantly bigger one. Quite demonstrably so; 500 after 500 after 500.

I have failed you user.

a mass of shills isn't a fanbase.

lel

or shippers.

She makes you THAT mad, huh?

I think that's the definition of a fanbase actually.

And nobody denied that. What was the point of you replying again?

>changing goalposts

Neither of these points makes sense. Carol is recursively more sympathetic than Karla and Carol has more fans on Sup Forums than Karla does.
>82 posts
>28 posters
oh fuck this I could be sleeping.

She is too lazy and self-centered to actually be a good guy, but recognizes actual villainy tends to get her beaten up and set back, so it a controlled execution in silence. Also she tends to momzone little girls easily, bringing further ambiguity if is taking care of or simply making a partner in crime.

It seems like that user never read thunderbolts.

Why is it fine when the world outside of comics recognizes Batman/Superman/Spider-Man/etc it's the best thing ever but anytime Captain Marvel gets some love it gets accused of being apart of the billion dollar Marvel/Disney advertising machine? (spoiler alert: every character is.)

Look, I was here when Carol was getting stuffed down everyone's throat back in 2011, but that's just marketing. It be one thing if Marvel gave up after the comic bombing and rebooting the first or second time, but they stuck with the character and they get to reap the benefits of it.

>Carol
>sympathetic
You're just arguing for the sake of it, or are a retard. If anyone "likes" Carol is either because he's a /u/-fag, contrarian or mocks her ''fascist'' decisions and how she's acclaimed as a hero, in-universe of course, after pulling them. Nobody likes Carol because she's 'sympathetic'. Moonstone is a manipulative asshole that messes with allies and foes alike to get her way, that's why people like her

>b-but she has m-more fans
This was never an argument, and only shows the lack of character Carol has for you bring up popularity to defend her.

Because people actually recognize and like Batman, Superman and Spider-Man, they're probably the three most well known heroes in the world, it makes sense for their companies to use them as a way to attract kids. Carol is a nobody for most people and is pushed to the extremes by Marvel to try and make her popular. Think of Roman Reigns in WWE

>Why is it fine when the world outside of comics recognizes Batman/Superman/Spider-Man/etc it's the best thing ever but anytime Captain Marvel gets some love it gets accused of being apart of the billion dollar Marvel/Disney advertising machine?

Because according to the sales of her comic she does not sell gangbusters, hell for a while Carnage sold better than her, we see marvel is trying to push her despite being obvious no many people care about her compared to the people who care about let say the x-men.

Harley Quinn

But would it be the worst thing ever if people recognized and liked Carol outside of how her comic sells, though? Batman had movies and TV shows, as did the other mentioned characters as well. How long does a character need to "pay their dues" until people are allowed to like them?

>/u/-fag
Is there a more deluded section of Marvel comics """fans"""?

>But would it be the worst thing ever if people recognized and liked Carol outside of how her comic sells
Don't take it personally, user. More than hating Carol herself people hate Marvel for forcing a character under everyone's throats just because it has a vagina.

Also make things clear, they are only pushing her because they need a Wonder Woman.

Every Trash Danvers thread triggers the three Trashfags of Sup Forums. It is funny to see how Brian Reed is Alan Moore for them.

Fucking pathetic people.

The problem for sports is that globally the significant broadcast markets don't permit tobacco or, often, other forms of advertising (and obviously if you're hosting a grand prix from the middle east chances are you won't be allowed alcohol brands on your car, etc etc).

But the fact is few trades other than tobacco and booze have such egregiously high markups that they can just throw money at sports sponsorship, which is why a lot of it now is banking, and in the case of US ski team (as amply demonstrated here), Putnam Investments, VISA, Spyder (who make the suits), Liberty Mutual Insurance and Audi (and previously a variety of others). Lange is just the manufacturer of their boots, and may or may not be a direct sponsor under competition rules.

However, the Marvel look actually isn't a sponsorship from Marvel, and is down to the designers at Spyder (who may or may not in turn have an actual brand deal with Marvel - but you'd have to check their new clothing lines this year to confirm or deny). The guys on the team I believe are getting variations on Captain America this season. It's simply that the US Ski Team has been given America-themed superheroes because of the current wave of America First bullshit because international sport is already heavily politicized, so yes, in that respect, they probably do realize, but it's the uniform they're given and not something they have a choice about if they want to continue to compete. Such is the life of a pro athlete.

On the other hand you could stop being so suspicious, accept that Civil War II is no more likely to affect Captain Marvel's popularity with the general - the REAL - public than the first Civil War affected Iron Man's popularity with them back in 2008, and see it as a corporate attempt to tap into the zeitgeist. Or just go wank yourself to death, I don't really care what happens to you guys.

I don't think Marvel need a female character they don't know what to do with who never becomes particularly popular, user. I think they want someone who's more than just a brand deal with the UN of all fucking things.