Ryan Gosling love?

On a scale of 1-10 how much love does /tv have for Ryan Gosling? Do you ever just wake up randomly thinking about him?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_River_(film)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's to like about him?

I honestly can't stand him. He's so boring and irritating to watch that I refuse to watch movies he's in.

2049 is complete shit for having him in it and for that reason alone.

You take that back you monster!

Goose Season 2017 is over dude, didn't you get the memo? It got out of hand, and DAVEy came back from the dead to warn us

love to LARP as goose when no one's home (27 but still live with the rents). I can somewhat look like him from a distance too, even though I'm only 5'4

I have a 10 foot picture of his head on the ceiling of my bedroom

So anyway, I give him a 7

>Goose Season
It will never end. Goose season will live on!

Loved him ever since I watched Half Nelson.

i dislike the goose for political reasons.
basically he's a shitlib, bleeding heart fag who was concerned about african genocide in darfur.
>inb4 fuck off to Sup Forums
flash forward to 2017 and basically no one, including gosling, gives a fuck about darfur or rawanda because now the attention has shifted to other pet issues.
lastly, he failed to marry, impregnate and have pure canadian kids with his long-term gf in pic. instead he's now with a mexican and she is much *older* than him, and he's having half-mexican daughters, who won't look like him, and 0 sons.
one more thing, he's been playing the same exact type of character for 5 movies now...the awkward autistic quiet stoic guy. it's getting boring.
however, i thought he was entertaining in the comedy-action The Nice Guys (2016) so i'll leave on that pozitive note.

go ahead and report/ban me i dindu nuffin wrong here except raise real points in contrast to the typical groupthink Sup Forums position of "Oh my gosh i love The Goose he's /ourguy/". no, he's not, and if he knew any of you in real life he would hate all of you for political reasons as well.

This fucker only ever plays himself in every single thing he's ever done.

Even on Breaker High, he just played Goose.

fuck, forgot pic. attached. look up ryan gosling darfur if you don't believe me.

this user gets it

That's his secret, cuckling. It's always Goose season.

Hes an actor in Hollywood, course he has to be a lib in that town! Goose needs to make that money. I dont take my political ques from people that make millions a year...even if its the beautiful Goose.

agree, and i think as an artist he does focus on his craft and continues to work in good movies. for example, i also really enjoyed place beyond the pines and blue valentine. but i did not like that one he did with steve carrel. his strength is in doing more under-the-radar stuff that is borderline independent film. i didn't bother to see the "political thriller" he was in with clooney even though i enjoy his acting overall.

that point i brought up is that actors should be actors first and foremost, whilst always keeping a low profile. that means staying out of political debates and shit as much as possible. you want the public to only see you when you're in the dark room, in the movie theater. tom hardy does this. notice how he doesn't take any heat for political shit because he doesn't make political statements, and therefore focuses 100% on his craft as an actor and on enjoying his life.

i try to keep my love of art and movies away from political shit, but now it's just everywhere and has infected everything. for me it's hard to enjoy a ben affleck movie, even though he's a decent actor, because i happened to have seen a clip of him defending muslims, which goes against my views.

I only like two of his movies, Drive and BR2049. I think about those movies quite a bit, but not him specifically.

This. And Gosling doesn't seem to do much grandstanding, I had no knowledge of his politics until this thread and I've been a fan for years. I really don't care whether he's liberal or conservative as long as he's not a jackass about it like Sean Penn or George Clooney

lol stop being so booty blasted

This. Actors should stick to acting. I dont need your advice on who to vote for when you are living in a 1 million dollar home that comes with a gate and 24hrs security teams.

lol wtf does that even mean??

yep, it is distracting.
i bring up Gos and his darfur stance because when he was in The Notebook, i was in my teens and saw him wear that shirt on the MTV movie awards show. i also browsed his twatter back when he was active on it. maybe that was just my mistake for letting the political side taint my enjoyment of his character portrayal.

however, i think my remark about how he's playing the same character too often is a legitimate point.

if you haven't seen him in The Nice Guys yet, do check it out, because it's definitely a good departure from him acting as the same type of "Stoic-Awkward-Guy-Who-is-Good-at-Stuff" character like in Drive/OnlyGodForgives/BR2049. i also don't like it when he yells in that high-pitched tone. he did that in PBtPines and again in BR2049. even though it's a unique scream, it's just sort of weird and over-the-top. i can see how it's funny if i were watching his movies drunk but when sober it takes me out of the moment.

>The Nice Guys
Is such a underrated film. Really enjoyed it and it was a nice departure from the regular parts Goose plays.

half nelson was a good example of him doing good outside of that sort of drive archetype too imo

Phase 13: You have dozens of highlights in the catalog related to The Goose and all of his works, so you never miss a thread even tangentially related to The Goose. This is only temporary until your Goose web crawler is complete and all Goose-related threads from that day (active, archived, and 404ed) will be waiting for you when you get home from work.

Nice Guys is 100% pure light-hearted fun.

i enjoy his serious characters as well as the comedic ones, there is a certain uniqueness to his somewhat sarcastic/witty charm. it's only when he's in overly fake corporate shit like "crazy stupid love" or "The Ides of March" when he doesn't get to be at his best.

stuff like Pines and Blue Valentine are great but also very depressing. i have not seen half nelson.

keep in mind he also directed something recently with chrstina big tiddies hendricks in it:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_River_(film)

>and if he knew any of you in real life he would hate all of you for political reasons as well.
Ya know, we're not all alt-rightists here.