Go

go

David Fincher

Quentin Tarantino.

who is david fincher?

denis villeneuve

Kubrick is the king of adaptations, although I'd argue he had a lot of ideas himself.

I'd say jj abrams, but he doesn't even make other people's ideas better

Who is James Cameron?

>but does a good job of making other peoples ideas better

All of them.
Directors are overrated.

Stephen Spielberg

Zack Snyder

Taika Waititi

OP

who is jew jew abrams

He makes shit ideas even shitter

>jj abrams
>making ideas better

Fincher takes shit books and makes mediocre films, sometimes even shooting them "verbatim". I'd hardly call that doing a better job.

Yes and no. While Quentin Tarantino creates pastiches of films and ideas, they do end up being all his own. It's no surprise that there were so many clones of Quentin Tarantino's work in the 90s.

"A lot" is putting it mildly. All the films he adapted although all based on written works were all also drastically different.

He couldn't even get Blade Runner right.

This is would be an apt choice if not for the fact that JJ has written many original things, with varying levels of success.

I guess you were thinking of things like Aliens. He has many original ideas though.

Not even close.

His Dawn of the Dead remake is the only thing that is truly any good.

This is kind of stupid thread though. Most good directors are good because they have original ideas. Shit directors like Fincher obviously don't, but neither are they making "other people's ideas better".

Scorsese

Ridley Scott. He's great at visuals and is an expert at film making. However his ideas are pretty shit. There's a reason his best works can be attributed to collaborative efforts. He used to have the knack for finding creative people and giving them the right responsibilities. Now he shoulders too much and thinks he can be an auteur.

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream = Terminator

A Night To Remember = Titanic

Alien = Aliens

Call Me Joe/Pocahontas/Dances With Wolves = Avatar

Oh yeah, he's a veritable fountain of originality.

>He couldn't even get Blade Runner right.
Neither could Ridley Scott.

You mean Taika (((Cohen))), surely?