"Huh, I can breathe?"

>"Huh, I can breathe?"
>"I guess we don't have to terraform Earth after all. Also, you're quite strong for a natural birther. I guess we Kryptonians should start fucking again right away. For the good of Krypton and all. Sorry for the misunderstanding, Kal-El.
The End.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AhZbAsgC6fY
youtube.com/watch?v=GMfUmAVCFP0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What's that red planet over there that nobody seems to be using?

>no no, it has to be this specific 3rd planet from the sun, the one that Kal-El is obsessed with protecting and fighting for. we must only terraform earth. there are no other planets in the entire universe. just this one. end of discussion.

>Those fapfics about all the other kryptonians dying (think superman sacrificed himself to take them all out?) and only Faora managed to luckily survive, and she goes on to rule over Earth as tyrant queen and considers cross-breeding with a human

>wants to rebuild Krypton
>the same Krypton that has its head up in its own ass and not even a coup d'etat convinced it to save itself
Him wanting to destroy earth would make sense if Kal-El had been superman, Zod would see him saving people and love this world and his huge hate boner for Kal's dad would drive him to risk it all. unfortunately Kal was a crab fisherman and we don't really get zod's hate, we know he hates but don't know why

This

Apologists for Zod are retarded. If he was really interested in preserving the species maybe he should have fucked off.

Shouldn't he want to terraform the 1st planet from the sun for more power?

>We need the entire planet, we can't accept just making a sealed colony with Krypton atmosphere until we can adjust to the air.
Shit, we could have given them all of Africa to use.

were are the links?

>giving them anything
why? just kill them and take their technology

>I guess we Kryptonians should start fucking again right away.
HERESY!

Because getting a Kryptonian to teach you how to use and integrate their tech with ours will be a hell of a lot faster than having humans poke at it alone. Supes barely knew how to use anything that wasn't a touch interface so it isn't like he could have helped.
I for one want off this planet so the sooner we can get efficient space travel the better.

I like the Injustice version where Zod wins and ends up becoming a firm but good and fair ruler of Earth, after people love and celebrate him and he comes to like it

But for the good of Krypton!

Without the Codex there is no Krypton!

The ship has a built-in Siri who is easily manipulated by an autist. I really doubt we need the numbskulls they packed off to piss away eternity in a space buttplug to explain how to make it go zoom.

Zod is a benevolent person. That's if he gets over his autism over Supes.

and remember not to get mad and throw off your anti neck break armor piece

Krypton had it's chance! Now it's time to fuck!

MoS-Zod literally wanted to wipe out humanity, not rule them.

>Because getting a Kryptonian to teach you how to use
its very user friendly
>integrate their tech
how would they know? they have never seen out tech.
>Supes barely knew how
I still have doubts about people born to be soldiers knowing how technology works and knowing it well enough to jack a ship. I mean what was the cast system about? I did not read the prequel comic but I think caretakers error was what got them free

I know, that's why I liked the Injustice version

What was the thinking during the script writing? yes there are larger issues but there is always some small stuff that puzzles me. They wanted to set up Kal as jibus and zod and his crew as le evil science but did no one notice the irony of Faora (a designed baby) talking about evolution?

NEVER!

Supes is the virgin ruler.

Zod is the benevolent dictator chad.

>youtube.com/watch?v=AhZbAsgC6fY

? sounds like black adam but with ayas

>Dramatic irony: a literary device by which the audience’s or reader’s understanding of events or individuals in a work surpasses that of its characters.

>unzips dik

>Dramatic irony: irony that is inherent in speeches or a situation of a drama and is understood by the audience but not grasped by the characters in the play.

>snaps own neck.

he was a genocidal insane general which thought some crazy doctrine he invented mixed with his traditional upbringing was the true salvation of his people. he blamed his genetic programming for his mania.

gee i wonder why he didn't think logically

>zod and his crew as le evil science
No you dumb fuck. Genocidal Space Nazis.

Supes was just chillin trying to bust his load inna that hot bitch at the papers but then this fucking autist from outer space show sup, interrupts the game with his shit broadcast and you have to go sort him out but all you want to do is fuck that hot reporter.

Superman was the chad, Zod was the virgin.

Zod seems like he just wants to kill Jor-El's son at the start, where does this desire for a new shitty home planet come from?

For some reason a lot of people seem to try really hard to not acknowledge that Zod is fucking Space Hitler.

I was under the impression that he changes Earth to be like Krypton, but he still has the human inhabitants and all. His fight victory has him being cheered and beloved by crowds of Earthlings.

it seems too obvious to be that.

Zod wants to find the Codex wich he knows Jor-El sent with his son.

>Why doesn't Zod act logically?
>He's insane.
>Why doesn't Batman act logically?
>He's insane.
>Why doesn't Lex act logically?
>He's insane.

Hmmmm.

Those are all baseless assumptions. all you know is that he went about remaking krypton

If he blames his programming, why does he want the Codex?

Too many shit like this keep me from enjoy MoS seriously. Why is snyder so bad at writing a good conflict for the movie?

> Kryptonian is capable of intergalatic and interdimensional travel
> get wiped out because a single planet get blown up
> only survivors are a baby in a single shuttle pod on auto pilot to earth and couple of prisoners they cryo-freeze and throw into another dimension
> somehow experienced adult spacefaring kryptonian teams fail to find another planet but a baby in a pod manage to land on one.

> the whole conflict with Clark’s childhood
> oh no why did you save children in a sinking school bus
> stop my invincible son

Then zod and his crew only need the genetic shit from superman anyway. Superman barely have any attachment and obligation to earth so he would have just gone with them.

No it's just that. Faroa is a fucking Nazi and as all Nazi's willfully misunderstands evolution to justify her Master Race bullshit.

There are a lot of easy excuses as to why he goes through with his plan.

>I don't care about humans, they're just like ants.
>There is a logic/science reason is must be earth
>I am doing this to spite you.

But all they had to do was fucking explain it SOMEHOW. Just one line of dialogue.

earlier i had to rewatch the scene of superman fighting the female kryptonian, because this movie was so forgettable i forgot what happened, even though i saw it in theaters and paid close attention. it's not like i saw it at home and fell asleep on the couch. i paid my 13.50 cuckbucks to see it during opening week. and years later, now i have no clue why this movie was such a stress-fest. the entire thing was just fucking stressful to watch.

the immediate conflict between superman and the kryptonians makes no sense....maybe i'm just a brainlet but Snyder could've done a better job of setting up the tone of hatred between Zod and superman's dad. then it would make sense that Zod was absolutely hellbent on killing superman for revenge, and producing colonists using the codex because it's faster than just a massive gangbang with the only surviving female kryptonian, which could take years. also...maybe drop in a line about how colonizing earth is the only option due to the sun and elements on earth versus other planets which cannot support. some shit about how they're ship cannot continue searching/traveling to more planets and earth is their only hope.

one of you anons makes a great point about how they could just set up a small colony on a patch of earth that isn't being used, e.g. africa, the largest continent with the most useless people and the high abundance in resources.

whatever. who cares. sloppy fiction. characters are flawed and get angry and make mistakes. i paid some money to the jews to watch their gay little drama on the big screen, when i should've been researching and putting bux into bitcoin. the past is the past.

Why write compelling characters when you can just blame everything on insanity or off screen realizations. If there is even a 1% chance that it will sell we would be crazy not to do it

His fight victory isn't a baseless assumption, you can see it happen.

>Why is snyder so bad at writing a good conflict for the movie?
The screenplay was written by David Goyer you dumb fuck.

All of this is stupid fucking nonsense. You are a fucking idiot.

he does not blame his program. He uses it as an explanation, he was made to be a solider and his job was to keep his world safe but top dogs would listen to him.

> Superman: If Krypton lives again, what happens to Earth?
> General Zod: A foundation has to be built on something. Even your father recognized that.

>interstellar civilization
>never came across a yellow sun

>Superman barely have any attachment and obligation to earth so he would have just gone with them.
not true
> stop my invincible son
That was the part I was made the most about.

yeah because that make sense. Its not like she can say "Im perfect because I was made that way" what the fuck do you need evolution for then? also for the majority of its existence in fiction krypton only had 1 race. I guess thinking hurts so just make eveyone ebin nazis

this thread made me realize that i am a fucking nazi, that's why i can understand why Zod and Faroa did what they did, but i don't understand why they had to risk so much to get into the fight with superman in the first place...why can't they just get the codex from him, and go to another planet to establish the pure new krypton. oh that's right because we're talking about a shitty movie filled with flaws in both plot and character.

I'ts very simple. You are a very stupid person, incapable of paying attention and having very limited knowledge of human history and literary devices.

Even if they had the Codex, don't they also need a Birthing Matrix to make all the babies anyway?

Zod had one in his ship. I think it's the same pool Doomsday was created

>why can't they just get the codex from him, and go to another planet to establish the pure new krypton
Why would they? As all Nazi's Zod is convinced that Kal-El, being a pure Kryptonian, will see reason and join them once he realizes their inherent superiority.

That's in the buriedd scoutship not the Black Zero.

And then wipe out humanity and build a new glorious Krypton because who cares about these lesser beings.

I don't think they can just terraform any planet. They need to do it to one that's already habitable and has resources.

zod found that ship and used it on metropolis right?

>eah because that make sense.
No it makes no sense because nothing about eugenics, white supremacy and other Nazi racial "science" makes any sense. It's all stupid bullshit to justify their delusional belief in the inherent superiority of the "aryan" race.

>I'm in charge of the survival of our race and you're telling me we can breathe the air and being here gives us unimaginable power? Fuck that shit, I'm terraforming so we're baseline humans. Also, I refuse to breed with the hot krypton bitch onboard because...um...

Dramatic irony. It's a literary device.

You are incredibly stupid.

>Also, I refuse to breed with the hot krypton bitch onboard because
I am a fanatical believer in Krypton and its ways and want nothing more than to recreate it as it was.

>pure Kryptonian
>natural birth scum

It's the ship that crashes not the one that gets sucked into the singularity.

fucking Zack Snyder fanboys are everywhere on Sup Forums always defending him. you can't invade this board with any negative remarks about Snyder, there will be a dedicated twat behind every thread ready to call you a "very stupid person". i know i'm a stupid person, i'm an american.

i reiterate: the movie was just so fucking sloppy or maybe it's been so many years since i've seen it that i don't remember if these important details were hashed out before they just jumped directly to the "LET'S FIGHT BECAUSE THIS IS AN ACTION MOVIE AND ZOD IS EVIL VILLAIN" part.

maybe i just want some more depth to the characters and story, so that they are motivated by wanting logically incompatible outcomes. or perhaps i really am fucking retarded for expecting that out of a typical corporate capeshit movie made for teens and idiots to buy popcorn and zone out to CGI fights.

for example, if fucking Zod just said, look, earth is the only planet we've found that is the perfect distance from the sun to support life and it also has necessary resources like water, THEN it could have given the story so much more depth. then the dumb ungrateful audience members like me can walk away with a more profound appreciation of LIFE itself and how lucky we are to live on this planet that can support life, and how rare that is. it should've been obvious they were fighting for this specific planet and superman was being a cunt for choosing humans over his own kryptonians and also refusing to give up "the codex". but no, i recall they just glossed over these fine details with a few sentences and jumped right into fights because that's what we all want to see due to our boring milquetoast lives devod of physical combat.

i do recall that there was conflict between zod and jor-el so that could have also been more clearly highlighted so that revenge and hatred is what drives zod to unavoidable conflict with superman. instead we get just vague shit. i'm not the only one who thinks this.

Superman’s father literally open up a space map, pick out earth and say “yup, this is a perfectly viable planet for you”. Then, he bet the whole kryptonian codex in the baby, and send him to earth. We find out later that multiple space krytonian expansion out of their current planet all fail and the race is on the brink of extinction somehow.

I said barely. Clark was obviously quite detached and isolated during his whole life on earth. The whole story set up the theme of Clark unable to fit in with human society in long term. His adopt father’s teaching was shit. He is on a run, having different identity, never being able to settle down. It was set up for a story of Clark having to overcome his identity crisis and finding his place on earth or with the Kryptonian. However, Zod was too blatantly written to be evil with the whole destroy the earth art and dampen the that part of the story . The only reason he actually is against Zod because Zod tries to destroy earth.

Still genetically Kryptonian.

>nothing about eugenics
oh someone did not study biology. eugenics makes perfect sense, it is callous so we avoid using it on humans but use it on plants and animals.
> supremacy
again when you have only 1 race it would be strange to have an ideology based on racial supremacy so why would a kryptonian have it?

>if fucking Zod just said, look, earth is the only planet we've found that is the perfect distance from the sun to support life and it also has necessary resources like water,
But that is obvious, anyone with even a cursory understanding of our solar system would know that so why waste time explaining it?

because he likes his programming, he still thinks it's important to his ultimate goal. jor-el overcame his programming, i don't think zod couldn't as much as he didn't want to. just like he was built to protect yet betrayed everyone and went rouge. he liked his soldier programming more than his loyalty programming. so he could choose what he liked to follow. it implies a hypocrisy and that makes him the villain.

he also wanted the codex re-written in his image. so you know there was a point to it. he just went the most fucked up possible way about it. he could completely achieve all his goals peacefully but he was insane and a dick.

well they are insane, they're powerless people who tried to take over the world to some extent.
zod got powers and went even more crazy, but he was insane on krypton hence his imprisonment
batman wants to control gotham to control his parents deaths, that's always been the parallel
lex thinks he's the only person who can rule the world correctly despite evidence that he's a self centered evil asshole who actually doesn't care about people's well being. his whole thing is he's smart but insane so he thinks he's the good guy.

elaborate and don't give me that dramatic irony shit. Its to basic to be dramatic irony, Its like if I started talking about inferiority of water while knowing that I drink water daily.

>again when you have only 1 race it would be strange to have an ideology based on racial supremacy so why would a kryptonian have it?
The supremacy of the Kryptonian species over other species.

They couldn't touch Mars and there ARE people using the planet on this retarded capeshit stuff

>Its to basic to be dramatic irony
As I said, you're an idiot.

and you are a cunt

He said he spent Clark's whole life looking around and got the world engine from a ruin

Zod is gay. Like every other villain ever in DC world

Zod even says Jor-El was krypton's "foremost scientist" and yet no one listens to him about the plant's nearing destruction, nor does Jor-El share info about how he found Earth and they should immediately go there. wtf. their best scientist had info on how to save the planet but they fail to do it.

I like the Superman TV cartoon version better, in which Brainiac misled Krypton's counsel, and they decided to listen to Brainiac instead of Jor-El, and Brainiac ended up stealing all their info and destroying Krypton, but not before Jor-El was able to narrowly send Superman away. THAT is a much better backstory than the origin told on the heavily bastardized Mensch of Steel written by Goyer....and we all know how that goes...written in such a rushed way that they only spend what feels like 10-15 minutes showing the last minutes of Krypton. they gave more screen-time to superman wandering and crushing trucks than that very important part of the story which shines light on Zod's motivations.

alright, ok i'll admit it, i'm actually joss wheden and i'm shitposting to make snyder look bad. i really am jealous of him...his talent...his signature directorial style...his unique look and feel...his handsomeness..

no, it's not obvious, because 99.9999% of all humans who have ever lived waste their lives and have no appreciation of what it means to be alive on this rare-ass planet that can support life.

going back to the story, it would've been nice to have a scene in which Zod makes it clear, their ship cannot go anywhere else, and earth is perfect, so no matter what, he must colonize earth or he and his crew die along with a pure kryptonian race. maybe i'm just forgetting these details. someone correct me if this was stated in the movie or maybe i'll just go watch it again.

Lazy.

Wasn't the codex in Superman's bones or am I remembering it wrong? He would have to kill Superman just to get the Codex.

Plus if you're Superman, why would you give him the codex, just so he can repopulate? Huh, I wonder what a man that killed his father do with a bunch of superpowered kryptonians? Surely he wouldn't go after the son of the man that sent him into a prison, right?

I mean fuck, he could have venus and mars. If you can terraform shit that's two planets. Then you have this other planet full of working people you can build as an army to conquer other worlds. Could have a 1 billion strong army, 3 planets. Guy was a fucking retard.

sups does not know zod killed his dad. I don't recall extraction needing his death

Holly shit, lol.

>foundation
you know that elements found on earth can be found elsewhere as well? When you have the power to manipulate those elements + live in a self sustaining system, foundation is not an issue.

Why wouldn't computer Jor-El not tell him that?

by now we ought to be mature enough to realize that mainstream entertainment will continue to pump out shit movies/shows/novels/stories grounded on the simple Good vs. Evil framework.

Good = constructive, protects the weak/majority, equality, democracy, sanity, justice

Evil = destructive, kills the weak, inequality, insanity, injustice

so by that simplistic rubric, Zod is evil and insane for wanting to restart a pure Kryptonian race on earth, a planet already overpopulated by billions of weak cucks. similarly, Bane is evil for wanting to nuke Gotham. Apocalypse is evil for wanting to destroy earth. Darkseid is evil for wanting to destroy earth.

___ is evil because __ wants to kill millions-billions of "innocent" humans and destroy earth, but ___ are the good heroes because they want to prevent ___ from killing and conquering earth.

and-and...superman/batman/the x-men/the justice league/spiderman/etc. are all the good guys because they want to PROTECT the weak little humans and continue the status quo of overpopulation and resource depletion which will eventually lead to war and famine anyway.

*yawn*

this is the point i'm making. capeshit specifically and all movies that operate along these hero vs. villain, good vs. evil lines are all shallow, weak stories that don't really delve deeper into the human condition.

lazy, sloppy, profit-driven story telling.

>Yeah lets just live on a planet with no water, breathable atmosphere or organics! If we change the gravity we'll be fine.

Look at this. We could have built a new Krypton in this squalor, but you chose the humans over us. I exist only to protect Krypton. That is the sole purpose for which I was born. And every action I take, no matter how violent or how cruel, is for the greater good of my people. And now... I have no people. My soul, that is what you have taken from me!

because he does not know

>would've been nice to have a scene in which Zod makes it clear, their ship cannot go anywhere else, and earth is perfect
It's done in Zoe's flashback

>stories that don't really delve deeper into the human condition.
The sad part is when they make pretense.
youtube.com/watch?v=GMfUmAVCFP0

For the Kryptonians, there isn't a line between evolution and creative design. Their mastery of eugenics is a result of evolution, that is how they adapt.
You're like those faggots who don't eat GMOs because they aren't "natural"