So Marvel is done with shoving politics in comics...

So Marvel is done with shoving politics in comics. I am glad they are done with the bad guy is Trump plotlines like pic related. Get ready for some decent comics.

bleedingcool.com/2017/02/06/marvels-big-plans-2017-never-mind-politics/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bac2E6oum1Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Get ready for some decent comics
Get ready for a life of disappointment.

The problem never was "they are talking about politics REEEEE", it was being BAD talking about politics.

Wow good job

Too bad nobody trusts marvel anymore so no readers are going to read again because why should they

This. Shitty writers are going to be shitty no matter what. Besides, they're still going to shove in politics. Get ready for their attempts at subtlety.

>Shitty writers are going to be shitty no matter what
Who knows, maybe now writers will focus on doing their job and telling a good story instead of just trying to cram their opinions down everyone's throats.

It's still only an unconfirmed rumour at this point, so forgive me if I remain skeptical. Besides, even if this turns out to be true we're still going to be saddled with 10 fucking issues of Secret Empire by Nick "Salty little Twitter bitch" Spencer, and accompanying truck load of tie-ins.

Waid, Bendis and Slott suck regardless

Hold out hope user!

fpbp.

Comics have had politics in them for pretty much ever. A good writer can make it work, and work well.

Marvel has too many shit writers that happen to have pet agendas. Waid is a perfect example of this, which is why OP's pic a shit.

OFC it was the writing, but as long as they made the attempt to "speak truth to power" or "tell it like it is", they were always going to be congratulated for it, with no concern given for how it was written. They were never going to improve, or be replaced. At least this could lead to them not embarrassing themselves or sticking their feet in their mouths for a few months (until they relapse).

>So Marvel is done with shoving politics in comics.
Believe it when you see it

that is terrible. did waid forget he was writing a book with separate characters? they're all literally speaking in one voice. god damn that fucker needs climb off his 1000 foot high soapbox.

>decent comics

nah, they fucked up, never touching that thing ever again.
If they submitted to "muh whites are evul2 "opression 2.0" and the classic "quit mansplaining" once, they can easily fall back again. Theres always other things to read besides the Shit 2

even they aren't supposed to be doing it, they just can't help themselves
youtube.com/watch?v=Bac2E6oum1Q

So wouldn't a good remedy be to give shit writers like Bendis or Slott the boot, bring back characters people care about, and stop letting writers go full retard with politics, with the only exceptions being Captain America and X-Men?

I don't necessarily have a problem with addressing social issues.
It's just Marvel had 0 ability to handle their stance with tact.

I agree but if they can't do politics properly they should ditch it altogether. I'm glad and surprised at the same time but not really expecting much.

>Get ready for some decent comics.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hillary was a good person! So sayeth Spencer!

I'm really glad the left ripped into him for having issues with violent protests. Such a turn must have made his head spin.

Looks like timelost avengers are sticking around.

Personally far leftism is crap. Most reported hate crime vandalism is done by flase flagging minorities.

The left always eats its own.

Im honestly surprised they haven't brought back Blade yet and having him only targeting white vampires and all the while bitching at anyone else for killing black vampires.

In the current marvel work environment it feels like it'd be a popular idea.

There was going to be a comic where Blade teaches his daughter the tools of the trade but it got cancelled because the writer was white.

god bless Marvel and their retarded politics

It became Ironman with Riri and written by a jewish transnigger

I think it is actually not going to happen.

We'll roll back to 2015 levels of retard politics, that's all.

Thor and Wolverine will return, and there will be a series of articles about this, with SJWs complaining about it.

And then meanwhile month after month Waid and the usual suspects will continue to roll out snarky one-liners about Trump, each of which will cause Rich Johnston to orgasm as he reports about, always with smug headlines about "I thought Marvel was done with this! Guess not! Trump BFTO due to inane one-liner!"

pretty much the liberals are secretly orgasming repeatedly with Trump as president.

It gives em a big bad enemy to all go full retard over and justify them being full retard

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

Difference.

When they write politics, the shitty writers always portray their side as complete moral saints who are always in the right(And as a result are super boring because there's no tension for the character and nowhere for them to grow, they're in the right at the very start and stay that way.) and their side as mustache twirling villains so laughably forced and one dimensional there's nothing to them(and no hope for growth or interesting twists or plotlines because them being right at anything would hurt the 'message', and they can't be subtle because then people might wonder if they're not so bad, which cannot stand.)

Here's the thing though, those things can be perfectly fun if it's in a story with a load of action and comedy and both the hero and the villain being poked fun at. A villain who's over the top evil she cackles while she kicks a puppy and a hero who just has to stop them from completing their doomsday device and punch a trillion robots on the way is perfectly fun, if unsubstantial. It's that stark reminder of reality that politics invoke, when they remind you of the real world your brain fires up to counter their ridiculous plotlines that are so moronic it knows it's fake and reminds you why it's fake that makes it so horrible.

Being dumb with "RACIST RACIST RACIST" just reminds you of the shit you're trying to avoid, so you can' enjoy it.

Being dumb with "My god, Dickpuncher the Demon just Released the Smackin'! I've got to stop it!" is a way to escape all that.

Go ahead, be dumb, be shit at writing, but at least be fun again.

Fucking THIS.

Marvel doesn't need to get rid of politics in comics. They just need to get rid of their shit writers, on at least, remind them that they need to write ENTERTAINING comics for ENTERTAINMENT again. No one wants Captain Planet styled ramblings. (or at least, give us entertaining Captain Planet-esqued Villains. Those guys were the best part of Captain Planet. Marvel couldn't even do THAT.)

It's sad how waid went from being one of the best to dog shit.

Seriously. Wall-of-text style parables about the problems in America while the heroes stand around with disappointed looks on their faces just aren't even remotely interesting.

Hahaha, Marvel and politics are bound together like kidnapped cheerleaders in my cellar!