WE WUZ WIZARDS N SHEEEIT NA SHIEET MUH NIGGA

MUP DA DOO DIDDA WIZZARSHEEIT MUH NIGGA GABBAGOOL

As long as it has good acting I don't care
Especially since alt-righters hijacked LOTR and all the threads

>Especially since alt-righters hijacked LOTR

stop making things up

>Gendalf the brown

>It's finally happening
>Sources stress that a deal for a Lord of the Rings TV series is far from official.

Okay

Dude alt righters? Its the internet, Be a man for god sakes

LOTR has always been conservative books (real conservatism I mean, not the numale shit we have today).

>Waaaah, stop calling us out with memes, I'm a peaceful refugee

The fact that they even talk about this indicates that it's just a matter of time. WE WUZ GONDOR N SHIET is upon us.

This. Fucking virgin loser pseudo conservatives with their "muh Jews and niggers stole our wimin".

Out of all the remakes, this is the one I don't want.

You just can't do it better, what's the fucking point.

Ricky Gervais as Frodo

what if i told you that i have no idea what is alt right and i just don't want to see a beloved series getting screwed over by "diversification"

It was Galadriel's turn.

Why don't we just remake Star Wars while we'reat it? Or how about we plan a Jaws cinematic universe?

It's too soon to remake it! You just can't do it yet! Give it time! In the name of God, this can't get any more idiotic. We CAN'T be this creatively bankrupt.

then you are alt-righter without even knowing it

Lots of Tom Bombadil, more funny moments, more violence

the LOTR movies are a borefest baka

>Why don't we just remake Star Wars

Done already. Episode 7 the name.

keep your meme words to yourself.

>Lord of the Nigs

Yes, quips, of course, here I thought what was missing the entire time. They didn't go for shawarma after they Sauron was dead.

>gandalf: time for plan B aragorn!
>frodo asks aragorn what's plan B
>aragorn: RUUUUUUUUUUUN

>Why don't we just remake Star Wars while we'reat it

What do you think TFA and the nulore is?

>It's finally happening guys
>Sources stress that a deal for a Lord of the Rings TV series is far from official.
>FAR FROM OFFICIAL

did you even bother to read the article you linked to you dolt?

What is the problem here? I feel Morgan Freeman would be perfect for the role as he is a good actor and would do the role of Gandalf Justice. What, just because it's not your typical all white cast, sudden it's full WE WUZ? Seek mental help

>pseudo conservatives
Nazis are not conservative.
Only Nazis say they are and SJW see normal conservatives as Nazis

>gumbit shud gib me my gibdats
>African Americans r good bois who dindu nuffin
>muh wage gap
>womyn stronk

If Radagast the Brown isn’t white, would you be upset?

The only acceptable non-whites are the Haradrim/Easterlings

Why is this so upsetting for so many of you? Legitimate question. You have the novels, the cartoon and the films which are as accurate to the source material as can be. What is the possibility of other races playing major characters in a television series doing that you personally care this much?

Because it's them Jews pushing identity politics agenda with something we value as a cultural work

I couldn't care less. Besides, it can't surprise anyone at this point since they've been doing this shit for years. Still, I simply find it amusing how cancer is unable to create something by themselves and needs to take other works and "adapt" them to their own infectious ideology.

>Hand me your staff
>and your other staff

So you're saying is that Sup Forums is virtue signalling by pretending to care about something that isn't important?

LOTR was meant to be a mythology for Britain. Making the character different races would require a complete rewrite of the world understanding modern human variation as we do today (black people are black coming from subtropical environments).

It would be straight up silly. I know an inevitable, "magic is silly hurr sure," is coming, but honestly this would require an explanation. It would be silly. If other races want inclusion, write your own series or your own mythos.

But it's not a cultural work. It's a fantasy novel.

>this would require an explanation

Easy: the epilogue reveals that frodo whitewashed the narration and this, the new one, is the real version.

Wrong.

thehistoryvault.co.uk/tolkiens-english-mythology/

>Implying Morgan Freeman wouldn't be god-tier Gandalf The Black

I think he's referring to orc posting.
I've found it pretty lulzy desu

>b-but it's not official! Sup Forums is making me cry please stop
They're wewuzkanging the shit out of this and you know it

Christopher Tolkien won’t let this happen. I hope he lives to be 200.

Art is part of culture you dense motherfucker
Specially when done it properly like lotr

gimli and legolas are a cringy quipfest already in the PJ trilogy

Why don't the just make a spin off about the haradim. That way you can have people of color. Maybe have them rebel against the bad ones that help Sauron or some shit

>LOTR has always been conservative books
it was one of the main inspirations for the hippies in the 60ies. it was a counterculture bible loved by weed-breathing, omnisexual deviants. that's how "conservative" LOTR is.

Could have it be about the 2 blue wizards, almost nothing known about them they could write something original set in the greater universe.

chris got no say in regards to lotr and hobbit. those rights have been owned by hollywood for decades. silmarillion is another matter. that they will only get to once he ded.

>suggests that Tolkien saw his creative writing as a work of historical reconstruction.

it will be the ultimate medieval fantasy TV Show.

everyone knew LoTR was gonna get poz'd eventually, the movies have already been made thanks be to g-d but it still hurts

NIGGAA SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Frodo : Amy Poehler
Sam : Melissa McCarthy
Merry : Kevin Hart
Pippin : Dave Franco
Aragorn : Idris Elba
Gandalf : Tilda Swinton
Legolas : Steven Jeon
Gimli : Gabourey Sidibe
Boromir : Demián Bichir

shut the fuck up you fag

>My brotha, my nigga, my KANG

>g-d

I see what u did there

>prepare for le epic Stephen Colbert cameo

In all honesty an ebonics version 100% black instead of a "cast black actors but keep the writing as same" version would be hilarous

Boromir has to be full white since he dies

Why don't they adapt Redwall?

Lord of the Rings was written as a mythology for Europeans. Putting a bunch of non-whites into it is perfectly in line with their aim to not only kill all Europeans but also erase our culture and history.

They haven't even announced the casting and you're ALREADY butthurt. How fucking sad is that?

I literately LOL'd

Why does the article say they are negotiating with Tolkien Estate then?

Ok, and cultures evolve with time and stories are subject to retellings due to people wanting to enjoy it. So what's the problem now?

why is pattern recognition sad?

but there's nothing wrong with the deduction displayed in that image and the only "argument" people try to bring against making such deduction is the "reality has a liberal tint xd" meme
what sort of fag are you

You know god dam well they are going to shoehorn a bunch of blacks and stronk wuman in it

lol if you whiteboys had any pattern recognition you'd realize you'll all be dead in 20 years and just kill yourselves now

This is your brain on Sup Forums

Fuck. You just know they are going to completely miss the point of Boromir and make him a neo nazi or something.

Imagine a future in which the rights to lord of the rings no longer belong to christopher tolkien and instead are at the hands of some (((corporate company))) for all eternity

anyone who agrees with Tolkien's views would be considered at least a reactionary nowadays

although to be fair I'm not sure what Tolkien would believe if he were born in ~1950

Happens in the book so not relevant, when Arwen shows up to Helm's Deep for no reason then there's a problem.

>all traditional european stories should be re-told but with africans
>everyone that doesn't like it is alt-right whether they identify that way or not
thanks for clearing that up.

And now imagine this but in every scene she is in. She'd be an equivalent of Carina from Dead Men Tell No Tales.

>shows character adapted faithfully from novel
You know exactly what I’m talking about, Arwen would have been an actual example.

Eowyn being a woman was sweet irony. It was Merry, a hobbit, not a Man, who actually defeated the Witch King by stabbing him with a barrow blade; a dagger crafted by the old Dunedain to slay those who only truly existed in the wraith world.

delete this before i cry

>"I am no man"
>Eowyn back flips over Witch King, cuts his head off in one movement
>Turns and raises eyebrow at nearby riders of Rohan
>Their jaws drop in unison

sheeeit these were the only novels I enjoyed as a kid.

>Or how about we plan a Jaws cinematic universe?

Watching lots of Bond movies recently and thought you meant a series of movies following the Bond villain Jaws.

Now I want to see it happen.

>he thinks books written in the early 20th century qualifies as """traditional"""

Why can't they just do Earthsea? At least that has kangs as wizards.

>CGI Redwall in the 2020s

Das it mayne

>I grew up with 4 brothers

>Aragorn: (to the black hobbits) My friends. You bow to no one.

>The greatest film series ever made that everyone has already seen is being turned into a TV series
Huh. Why do this instead of, say, an anthology series which adapts all of the Tolkien stories (that they can get the rights to) that aren't The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit?

stronk women is a thing in ancient European history and somewhat in mythology with events like the women of Aquae Sextae mass suicide and pushing their men back into the fray when they flee the Romans, or characters of mythology like Athena, not the same as the screeching feminist cunts TV will model them off in the show

>She thinks stories read by my great great grandfather, my great grandfather, my grandfather, my father, and me, aren't traditional.

meant for

are you minus 40 years old?

>It's a "Sup Forums pretends to care about European mythology to justify keeping a fictional piece all white" episode

No thanks. I'd rather it be Henry Selick claymation.

LOTR was intentionally written in the style of old anglo/germanic myths

of course it was normie-ized a lot so people would read it but it's a lot more "traditional" than other books of the 50s/60s

>adherence to the source material is racist