Tfw we'll be out of oil in 20 years

>tfw we'll be out of oil in 20 years
are you ready Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2017/11/02/tesla_share_price_drop_tax_break/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I saw Fury Road but never any of the originals.
Should I bother?

Watch Road warrior, it's good. The first one is low budget experimental film, I personaly don't like it. It has too much of that weird 70s vibe in it

Mad Max is good alright. But I hope we can make something new in this generation.

Can we make a Mad Max with electric cars and internet ?

watch the first one, don't bother with the others

>finally we will go nuclear and electric
And nothing of value was lost

>le peak oil maymay
see you on the highway

Isn't that Tron without the internet?

>out of oil in 20 years

lol no

>fucked due to climate change in 20 years

much more likely

The funny thing is tron doesn't have Internet either.

It's just a meme made up solar panels, wind turbines and battery manufacturers. There's a reason why Elon Musc is all about global warming despite being pro-trump on every other subject. He's making a business out of electric cars

>muh climate change
ok, friendo

not an argument

Watch the original and Road Warrior. Thunderdome is trash overall but its first act and final chase scene are pretty good.

go back to crying about one dollar donations, stefan

>>fucked due to climate change in 20 years
This
Manhattan will be underwater by 2009

wont be easy to replace all the infrastructure with electric transport

Is it possible to have wind and solar power to charge and live as nomads with electric cars?

Would be nice to use smartphones too

China will have discovered cold fusion by then and will be supplying clean energy to the entire planet at a crazy price establishing them as the new superpower.

Thanks, Donny. America was over the moment we stopped investing in the future.

i'm not arguing with you

I was told we'd run out of oil in 20 years, 10 years ago.

If all Elon Musk cared about was making money, why the hell did he start businesses in electric cars and rockets? Why not go into something more conventional like banking or finance? If all he cares about is making money, why did he give the patent for his electric cars away for free? Agreeing with Trump on every other subject? Yes because Elon Musk has really gone on about how he wants to build a wall with Mexico and implement protectionist policies hasn't he?

>chinks
>inventing anything
loving every laugh

I don't know every year I feel warmer and stronger storms

If Tina Turner couldnt stop Mad Mel
why did the jews think they could

Well I don't know about you but I wasn't told about running out, but I was told about peak oil, which is completely different, and the only reason that can got kicked down the road is because of technologies like fracking being invented as well as more oil reservoirs being discovered which hadn't been foreseen ten years ago.

It won't happen over night so no worries

Overnight no, but in the long term it'll be incredibly easy.

The $7500/vehicle tax break he gets from the government probably helps.
theregister.co.uk/2017/11/02/tesla_share_price_drop_tax_break/

god complex, he wants to save the world and take humanity to the stars. Change the world and have we depend on his technology. He will be wallace

Stefan's a climate denier though. It's convenient how an AnCap chooses to not believe in problems that by virtue of their own existence refute the enitire AnCap philosophy, namely climate change and automation.

I'd like to add that I've been in a Model S before and I think its a great car muh battery fires are a statistical meme, just don't canonize the guy yet.

Musk also got huge tax breaks for his rockets. he's all about government's help when it comes to his business but other than that he's a right winger. I hate hypocrites

good thing we can go nuclear

Yeah, but nothing proves it's because of man made CO2. Remember when it was all about that gaping hole in the Ozone layer? Then all of a sudden the hole closed by itself and we never heard about this meme again

I'll be 50 so i'll barely give a fuck

Ok let's pretend climate change isn't real, as you suggest. Let's pretend Elon Musk knows this also. Elon wants to make money. He has two choices. One, he can go into the finance or banking sector and make money there, as countless others have done before. Two, he can attempt to enter the car industry, which has failed to see any successful startups in a half a century, and try to somehow beat the odds and have his company succeed, and then hope by the time he gets there the government feels like giving him tax breaks or subsidies, which is just an assumption, given that policies and administrations change all the time. Which option would you go for?

We won't be out of oil in 20 years, that's absolutely ridiculous. Try 200.

user we need oil for more than fuel. Petrochemicals are in fucking everything.

won't matter as the ice caps will have melted before the oil runs out

Elon Musk is already a billionaire, he doesn't need more money, that's not what drives him. He has a huge ego and wants to be seen as a successful inventor, hence why he hijacked the name of Tesla, but they really don't have much in common, they're quite the opposite. Musc is more like Thomas Edison, he would push his invention even if he knows someone else made a better one.

He's stated that his political position is "socially liberal, fiscally conservative", and also said that while he doesn't like government intervention, some degree of regulation and tax and spend is necessary, because the free market isn't perfect, and doesn't cover externalities or long term consequences, such as CO2. So getting tax breaks isn't inconsistent with his philosophy. Just because he's broadly 'libertarian' doesn't mean he has to be an autist and oppose all forms of government doing anything at all.

>mfw when i found out oil is dinosaur blood

I hope this is bait, but I can't be too sure with this site.

>mfw I realize electrons are internet blood

>CLIMATE CHANGE IN 20 YEARS SCREEN CAP THIS
t. a (((scientist))) from 1975

holy shit dude i was working on that exact invention for dragon's den, some fucker has beaten me to it. RIP doghandles™

The krauts made synthetic oil from coal way back in the 40's and it worked fine.

If we REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need more oil we can just make it.

Outward Hound is a better name anyway

The first one is the best one. Then it turns into adventure movies for kids. Not even meming.

Can I get 91 octane coal?

Tesla is heavily i debt

Shit bait or actual retard?

All companies borrow money to finance themselves Bro.

>makes a big deal about allowing students to have a chance at making the next big thing
>forgets to mention that he gets all the rights to any part of their designs
Musk is just smart enough to make money in an area that gets a faction of the scrutiny

It's not a handle, it's a lifejacket for pupper when you are taking it on a boat

nigga's holdin that doggo by a handle, that was my entire concept

musk is a gibs babby

Mad Max is old and niche. Road Warrior is what everyone thinks of when they think Mad Max, and it's about as close to modern day lore for it, so it's the best. Thunderdome is absolute shit - like the main plot is resolved in 20min and then they wander off into what-the-fuck territory for another hour with no idea what they're doing. Fury Road is surprisingly one of the best in the series, on par with Road Warrior imo (which is probably a shit opinion for nostalgists, but it was actually really fucking good).

Producer nations, no.
I'm waiting for the crying here when the consequences of the Export Land Model kill Moonland.

Did any of you enjoyed Thunderdome more when you were a kid? As I grew older I started to like Road Warrior

In my case, I probably enjoyed it. It was released a year after I was born, and my dad was really in to it. Even now I talk with him about it and I make fun of him for liking such a shit movie.

It has a real Lord of the Flies style story to it, and actually wasn't even supposed to be a movie about Max - he was just thrown in later as an afterthought. Pretty much everything at the beginning of the movie was added to accommodate inserting Max into this movie, and everything else after it was an entirely different movie that was mashed together because Mad Max was popular and Hollywood wanted to try and bank on the success of Road Warrior... which is, coincidentally, the reason why a lot of purists hate the movie, because they look at it as Miller selling out hardcore. For fucks sake, even Tina Turner was shoehorned into a major part and singing the theme song, all to make money off the franchise.

The movie wasn't shit, people criticize it for aiming towards kids while the last two was for older audiences

It was shit, bro. Take off those rose-tinted glasses. The movie is fucking terrible. Like last user said, only the beginning is remotely watchable. Everything else is shit and makes no sense. Everything in the second half of the movie literally has zero connection to what happened in the first half. They are completely separate stories.

Thunderdome's first half is cool then it turns into this weird Peter Pan parody complete with upbeat music and villain that's ok with being defeated in the end

The first one fucking sucked. I dont need to watch his wife buy icecream and go to the Beach.

Oh I got it, he's for social justice on the gay marriage and other shit, but against any form of social justice in the finance department because he happens to be rich, unless it means tax breaks for his companies. Fuck this guy

It was a concept movie. Didn't come into its own until Road Warrior.

>tfw i will be 45 when this happens

fuck Sup Forums, I don't want to be in my deathbed when exciting things are happening.

pls find invulnerability

That's the third one.

>Musk cared about was making money, why the hell did he start businesses in electric cars and rockets

Those are the industries that get billions and billions of dollars in subsidies. At least they did under Obama. Now that Trump is president, Musk can no longer feed from the taxpayer trough and is failing.

>banking or finance

Jews already have a stranglehold over them.

>build a wall with Mexico

Musk has walls around all of his mansions.

Yes but then youre expected to turn a profit

The ice cream was a metaphor for the Vietnam war you twonk!

>oil rich arab countries will be next african in 20 years
what a day to be alive