Why is he hated here?

Why is he hated here?

Because like Quentin Tarantino, he's not original. He just rips off other better directors.

because he's not my DADDY

false kino

because he hasnt made a good movie in nearly 20 years

PTA is the dictionary definition of entry level cinema. He not only steals from better directors, but he does it without any irony like Tarantino.

I am personally fine with it though. Because through PTA, all these freshmen college students will discover Robert Altman, who was the real deal. They will discover Scorsese, the most important American film director of our time, they will discover Kubrick, and the Coen Bros.

Through Altman, they will discover Renoir, through Kubrick, they will discover Ophuls, Scorsese to Fellini. Suddenly they realize PTA was just a child with no original thoughts in his head, that his films just revolve around quoting better directors while adding epic catch phrases like "I drink your milkshake!" and "Pig fuck!" Really there is no bigger clue in to how meaningless his cinema is when the only thing people discuss when mentioning his movies are 'le epic catch phrases, dude!'

You might say great artist steal, but what Picasso meant by this is that great artists are able to understand what works and manipulate it. PTA merely 'mimics'. This is why it is completely obvious who he is mimicking from film to film.

I can see an influence from other directors like Scorsese, but nothing as blatant as David O. Russell. I mean, you're going to be influenced by others.

You just named off some good directors, but that list is pedestrian as shit. I hope this is a copy pasta and I'm just an idiot.

He makes very dishonest films. His only honest film is Magnolia.

he just makes movies that sound like they'd be award winners on paper.

Let's try and keep generic meme replies out of this.

Not a meme reply. In Magnolia you can feel the pain. You can see that PTA put a part of himself in that film. The same is not true for his other films, so they feel fake... dishonest. Rewatch his films with this in mind and you're get what I'm saying.

I later learned that Magnolia was in part based on PTA seeing his father die of cancer and then I understood why it was different.

*and you will get

>date fiona apple
>date norah jones
>marry maya rudolph

A niggerjew. Can it get any worse?

>films that don't reflect directors personal suffering aren't honest

hmmm

Thanks for your explanation. It's just a lot of people seem to use the whole "dishonest" reply and never really explain their reasoning. You get a check mark, faggot.

Magnolia is his worst movie. It's low-brow, manipulative pretentious garbage. I think you might be stupid.

I completely disagree.

I wouldn't say that but I think a film has to be based on something that the filmmaker care deeply about to be honest.

its pasta but its right

*inhales*

Only if the filmmaker said it was something he cared about.