Adventure Time Bubblebowl

After reviewing the evidence for bubbline, the demos and production art, not just the final product, it leans more towards ex-girlfriends. The writers of the show have never denied the existence of a romantic relationship between Marcy and PB, which doesn't mean that its confirmed, but their motives come into question when rumors are delibrately left ambiguous. Muto also confirmed that what we saw in WWM was indeed subtext, and declared the problem was that Mathematical made it seem like that PB and Marcy were lezzing out on screen in the episode. He could've ended it with them saying "no, what we saw indicated nothing." Not denying the possible existence of what we see and hear meaning something more implies a lot.
youtu.be/RrwLI-oNrNk
Take a look at Sugars imput, she is blatantly leaving this up to interpretation. Nowhere indicating that they were just best friends. I interpreted Rebecca video description in the manner of the following: "Ooh idk what DO we mean by this? huehuehue." It should also be noted that this was not only Sugars idea, its implied their past relationship was worked on by both Muto and Sugar, which is important as Muto has written a few Bubbline episodes. Watching the episode alone does not give us enough information to decide on these types of things, we need to know what the writers are trying to imply; what their idea was for making episodes, because thats whats really important here; the episode alone can't provide that. Take a look at the drafts of the Islands Miniseries, while we see in the opening Fern, Marcy, and PB standing among one another, it was originally PB and Marcy next to eachother with Fern standing beside. This shows us intent, vs what we see. They intend for Marcy and PB to be close, to be side-by-side, why? While you could argue that this could just mean best friends, it could be both. Bestfriends and romantic couple aren't exclusive.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/aco/1486772687025.png
adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Sally
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thought they already came out and said that they used to date.

You also have to consider other pieces of evidence such as somehow platonically inhaling your gal pal's T-shirt, ferociously. The sentimental freshness of that shirt--honesty, if it has that much freshness they're on a level far from just friends. I bring this up out of distaste for calling bubbline shippers delusional, I mean really, by that logic those claiming they're just friends are just as delusional, at this point. Both sides could be true, one just can't claim for a fact, yet.

Yeah, which is why we can no longer trust what Olivia Olson says.

Bubbline is the cancer of adventure time. It ruined marcelines character to the point where she only seems to exist to add to either simon or bubblegum's characters. She used to be a really interesting character but now she's a plot device and it started because of god damn bubbline. Hell I wouldn't even mind the ship if it hadn't had such a huge impact on the show.

>Hell I wouldn't even mind the ship if it hadn't had such a huge impact on the show.

The fuck? There have only been 3. THREE episodes that focus on these two characters together. Sky Witch, Varmints and Broke His Crown. Over the course of 7 years.

Marceline has just become a plot device though. She only ever comes out to make some Bubbline hints or do some arbitrary shit with Simon that goes nowhere and advances nothing. She isn't interesting or complex anymore.
And don't even get me started about how they treat Finn around her now my god.
It's sad when Adventure Time with Finn and Jake has turned their main damn character into a depressed sad sack who rarely does anything worthwhile anymore. Except for in Islands. I'm hoping they keep Finn how he was during and right before Islands because that was a breath of fresh air for the show

Blame the writers, not bubbline specifically. Marceline's problem is that they didn't know where to take her character. The Hunson thing got somewhat resolved and her relationship with Simon was already explored. Her relationship with Finn was already developed fully in the first few seasons too. Because of it she was in very little episodes for a long time. Then Stakes came along which killed any chance for future exploration of her character. There's nowhere to go with her now. Her complexity always came from a place of angst and confusion, but now she's content with herself and her relationships with others.

After thinking about it, the only way forward for her character would be a focus on her trying to construct new meaning in her life, after the emptiness she felt in Stakes. Although I suppose bubbline is one avenue of exploring that.

>she isn't interesting amd complex anymore
>anymore
You're clearly delusional, the only good thing about Marceline was that she fit in with the gothic trend when that wasn't dead. Her rocker chick personality ended in season 1. She was very interesting in Stakes, but since PB was there you guys just shout "hurr lesbians in my show" despite 7/8 episodes having next to nothing suggestive.

Bubbleline doesnt even make sense though, it really feels forced for no good reason.

Oh no, Yamina's back

Let's make this quick, guys

Well let's be careful with your phrasing here, those three are the major episodes for evidence of bubbline, there does exists several other examples but they're more sprinkled in, or not being a major plot point. I want to clarify because people here will twist your words around to fit their narative.

>forced
Buzzword that has lost meaning. How is it forced? Even from their first interaction we've knowm there is something up,"Oh, hey, Mareceline." "Yeah, yeah." They've only just elaborated and built on their relationship. WWM revealed they have a past. Over the course of the show they slowly become partners with a similar goal (Sky Witch) to being friends (Time Sandwhich, Princess Day) to opening up and becoming close (Season 7). What makes no sense is to call bubbline a forced pairing, this shit has existed for 6 years.

I think they're very compatible honestly. PB has trouble sharing emotions, tending to bottle things up until they reach a breaking point, whereas Marceline is a very emotional person. They bring out the softer and stronger sides of each other respectively. Their relationship development has been incredibly slow as well. It wasn't until Sky Witch that they rekindled their friendship and starting hanging out as friends again. It took two more seasons for them to become really close gradually over time.

Yeah sorry, I was just making a point that they're hardly a major focus.

Is everytime we see Marceline supposed to blow you the fuck out or what? Her personality was never complex, she was just a prankster when we first saw her. Rebecca Sugar wrote her in "It Came From the Nightosphere" differently with showing that she has emotions, other episodes showed that she has a past,"Memory of a Memory." Could it be that she is resolved? Have you ever considered that to be a possibility? You say the writers didn't know where to take her, well where exactly was she supposed to go? Chaotic neutral characters are usually like that.

Albeit season 6 was a weird one to be fair. I'm always blown away at how little shipping fuel there is in season 6 for any ship.

>Fucking Dickpleb

What a coincidence, that's what they called me in middle school.

Samefag

it is reallllly sad that you think this is what exes are like, or even what they COULD be like

it was the same damn thing as hambo, dammit
would a lover's shirt be something she wasn't aware you wore, and in fact thought you had rejected the gift?

I'm only explaining the reasoning why Marceline isn't as prevalent as she used to be. There isn't much else they can do with 'prankster Marceline' that they haven't already done. It would just be more episodes like 'Princess Day.' On top of that her character arc is pretty much resolved at this point.

In saying that, I'd like to see one more Finn/Marcy episode where they just hang out, or go on a dungeon crawl together. Just lighthearted fun like the good old days.

Because there was nothing in their characters for the implication that they are lesbians. Its just happened because one day someone said that we need lesbos.
You are fucking retarded if you unironically believe that. Its literally fanfiction at this point, there is nothing good, respectable or interesting in their relationship. I guess you can whatever meaning to it as long as you like it enough.

No need to mention that it basically reduced Marceline to nothing, because other people pointed that out already.

you can add*

TITANIC PUSSY EXPANDER. Giggity.

>Its literally fanfiction at this point, there is nothing good, respectable or interesting in their relationship.

It doesn't have to be interesting for them to be compatible, and I'm not necessarily talking romantically here either. I think you'd have to be blind to not see how their personalities complement one another.

What Was Missing is the genesis of Bubbline, right?

What exactly needs to be foreshadowed about being bisexual.

What was the name of that Tranny that was obsessed with this and had some autistic breakdown during the episode where Finn played god?

This song wasn't even subtext, it was full blown text.

It was done in a poor way because it wasnt planned and the transition felt unnatural. It was just an idea of Rebecca Sugar i think and it stayed. I mean whats the point in pairing a vampire whos all about chaos and a dictator who is all about "muh kingdom". Why would they date with each otherin the past with such personalities?

Doesnt have to be foreshadowed, just introduced in a natural way.
>hey you know marceline and pb? they actually are lesbians lol

I guess it doesnt matter because it exists to this day and wont disappear just because of pandering. How many tumblrinas would be angry if they did such a cruel act.

>It was done in a poor way because it wasnt planned and the transition felt unnatural.

If you're talking about What Was Missing, nothing was really established about their relationship at that point in time.

>I mean whats the point in pairing a vampire whos all about chaos and a dictator who is all about "muh kingdom".

PB can be pretty wild too, in her own way. She's become less about "muh kingdom" recently as she's started to focus on her own happiness more.

>She's become less about "muh kingdom" recently as she's started to focus on her own happiness more.
I meant the time before first season of AT

If you're looking for the canon explanation, it's because her kingdom was smaller and more manageable in the past. They were probably close many centuries ago before growing apart.

who the fuck cares if marceline and bubblegum used to bang each other they both lust after finn dick and jake is a literal tentacle monster I REST MY CASE

bubbline is cancer and it's emphasis removed good development routes with Finn

/thread

Marceline is also a tentacle monster.

I wish we got more moments like this in the show.

Bubbline doesn't make sense to me.

I say that knowing full well this is Adventure Time and sense is not a necessity, but still, makes no sense why those two would be friends let alone lovers.

Nrama: So the next Marceline episode (“Sky Witch,” unaired when this interview was conducted) is a Marceline/Princess Bubblegum one…I’m going to be very careful in my phrasing, but there’s certainly an…interesting fan base (Olivia laughs) that’s sprung up around those characters, and I’m curious as to what you think of that.

Olivia: Well…after the “What Was Missing” episode, the fans are actually the ones who came up with the whole lesbian possibility (laughs). I was talking to Kent Osborne –

Martin: – head writer of the show, and an old friend of ours –

Olivia: -- and we were just joking around, and I went, “Really? You made me a lesbian?” (laughs) And he goes, “No! That didn’t even cross our minds.” But so many of the fans were convinced that was going on that in a weird way, they’re maybe kind of banking on that a little bit.

Martin: They’re just letting the rumor be there, even though it’s not true.

Olivia: Yeah.

She's also the one who claimed the Pendleton told her they used to date. I don't believe a word she says either way.

>anyone
>after finn's dick

he's a literal cuck who hides his trauma by silly adventures, it's pathetic to say that anyone but Jake cares about him at this point

Rewatch huntress wizard, he says he understands her sentiment that they both are magnificent beasts and gotta stay single not like you'd understand you unmagnificent kissless virgin.

Yamino

>gotta stay single
>calling me " unmagnificent kissless virgin"

you motherfucker

SIMON RUINED MARCELINE. More precisely, Rebecca Sugar ruined Marceline

This.

There'd basically be nothing to Marceline if not for Rebbeca Sugar.

Doesn't apply any more kids. 5 years ago, sure, but now the writers seem to be okay with the idea and are teasing it themselves.

Lol what?
Marceline was fleshed out as a character directly because of Rebecca Sugar. Once she left no one on the remaining knew what to do with her which is why she disappeared for like half a season.

I don't like how the writers caved in and decided to please the bubbleline fandom, specially after the fans attacked Adam Muto and other writers. You'd think the writers would be wary and avoid this cancer at all costs after seeing how crazy the bubbleline fans are and yet.

>voice actors are writers now
Holy fuck user, she literally didn't even know there was a fucking mini-series a week before voice acting.

>asking people that didn't even storyboard the episode
You can literally ask only Adam Muto and Recceca Sugar about the intentions of what they meant.

>literal cuck
He can't even be described as a cuck no matter how much you try and stretch the definition. Your ex-girlfriend having someone protect her makes him a cuck? Also watch Wheels, Huntress Wizard was clearly mir'in.

Finnceline died in season 2, and bubbline didn't even garner attention until season 3. Even then, they didn't even become close until season 7. You're just grasping for straws at why those two episodes of Marceline and Finn haven't happened again.

>vampire that's all about chaos
That's not what chaotic neutral means you fucking mong, she just does as she pleases.
>all about muh kingdom
Her kingdom wasn't a burden when the two hung out, they stopped hanging out because of her kingdom being difficult to maintain. She is more relaxed now, which is why she can make time to hang out now.
>hey PB and Marcy are lesbians now lol
That type of rhetoric will work on literally anything.
>now
What? It would he different if we saw them hang out and nothing was shown to be problematic or that they didn't know eachother. It was revealed they new eachother since season 2, their first interaction.
>bubbline pandering
Apparently a homosexual couple existing in a TV show is never because the writers want them to.

>nothing was really established
A broken relationship that apparently still matters to both of then? Evidenced by bad blood? Hardly nothing. Unless you're referring to how PB and Marcy are now, best friends, which didn't really begin until season 5.

>he puts /thread in his own post

Why not?

>the writers cave in
Adam Muto's been there since day 1, and it was his idea with Rebecca Sugar.

I'm always under the impression that PB is just a sex/romance magnet in Ooo and everyone wants some, even Marcy. Bubblegum, however, is too busy doing science and ruling a kingdom to give half a shit about stuff like that.

They're close, but honestly PB probably only loves Marcy like a sister. Marcy is bi for sure though.

What if Tom Waltz wrote an episode?

Is there a new episode airing, tonight?

Nope. Hiatus.

Oh, alright. Is it known when it will air again?

Probably March or April

>i dont like you
>i dont mind you
>i like you
>i really like you
>i love you

Imagine this going on for only few episodes. Great writing retards, treating Finn like a sack of shit was worth it.

>this is what Fubblefags actually believe
So you're claiming that their relationship was rushed?
>

>So, you got a boyfriend, yet?
>H'what? Um, no...there was this...
>PB looks back and smirks

As I said, it was all done in only few episodes, its not even subjective.

The writers are festering tumblr degenerates.
Putting Sugar in charge of AT was a mistake.

And you're grasping at straws with your lesbian cuckoldry bandwagon.

You misunderstood my post. Nothing was really established UNTIL then. Unless you count Go With Me.

You can continue to repeat as much as you'd like.
>Go With Me
>What Was Missing
>Bad Little Boy
>Sky Witch
>Time Sandwhich
>Red Starved
>Princess Day
>Varmints
>Marceline the Vampire Queen
>Empress Eyes
>May I Come In
>Take Her Back
>Checkmate
>The Dark Cloud
>Broke His Crown
>Five Short Tables
>The Music Hole
>Wheels
>The Invitation

Every one of these episodes shows us something of Marceline and PB interacting, and, its hardly a few. We've had a few episodes with meaningful developement, which isn't the same thing. But there are quite a few episodes showing the viewer the progression of bubbline

How am I grasping at straws?

For the viewer at least

Well yeah, because bubbline was an idea they came up with later.

Irrelevant, just because the idea didn't come in the premise means nothing. Within the canon of the show they've had a relationship hundreds of years before the first episode.

I'm not sure why you're arguing with me, I'm on your side user.

I'm clarifying. Either Bubbline will happen officially or it won't, and I want to make sure that I don't have to deal with faggots for the next 4 years bitching about "the next Korra."

I should add that this isn't my first time "shilling" bubbline

I think their relationship makes more sense than people give it credit for. The problem is every episode that features them heavily always has a focus on their relationship status. I wish we got to see them hanging out more in a casual context, like the two of them going on an adventure together just for one episode. No ship teasing, no drama, just a fun adventure.

Yes, and you can choose to see it like that or given the fact that Marcy seems to choose shitty boyfriends (Ash) I choose to see it as PB making sure Marcy chooses someone that won't treat her like shit.

Also there is the fact that PB had no reaction during Islands part 1 when Marcy was blatantly checking out Susan.

They're close sisters like Finn and Jake are brothers

She was also wearing Marceline's jacket, and Marceline got jealous when PB hugged Finn. Marcy also gave PB the same eyes and look. What's your point? We're all in agreement that Marcy is a dike

You got jealousy out of that look when PB hugged Finn? I saw it more as Marceline was sad that she couldn't hug Finn/both of them too because of the sun.

It's pretty stupid if she was jealous there considering that she can hug PB literally whenever she wants while they're eating out each others snatches and stuff.

That's a pretty fucking retarded interpretation; she can just carry around her umbrella.

>it's fine go ahead and fuck that friend
>we fuck all the time what's there to be jealous about
Fucking retard

Well then why didn't she? If she cared enough to go see Finn off you figure she would care enough to give him a huge goodbye too. I think they just framed it that way for some reason, interpreting that as jealously is really projecting.

I think you're the retard with that analogy guy.

>why didn't she
Circular logic. PB hugged Finn and Marcy showed discomfort. This just makes your interpretation seem less likely, if she wanted to get in there why didn't she? It's not like anything was stopping her, she can walk around with her umbrella.

>not explaining why the analogy is wrong
You're implying that another individual receiving love should not bother the person who is with that person because they already receive love. PB and Marcy being close doesn't mean Marcy won't be jealous if someone else gets close.

>well why didn't she
You tell me, faggot

No it doesn't because the reasoning for Marceline feeling jealous is dumb. Marceline has never been shown to have a problem with Bubblegum interacting with Finn so thinking that this is objectively why right now is dumb.

I'm not sure why she wouldn't just hug him too, guess the umbrella was stuck in the ground and she didn't want to move it, but later she's seen holding onto it. I think it's weird but I can buy Marceline wasn't moving the umbrella for some reason more than her being jealous that Finn and PB had a 2 second hug.

And that guy is a retard for equating a short hug to fucking someone. Why do I even have to explain that? If you saw a friend of your significant other hug them for 2 seconds and you became jealous because of that interaction you have some issues.

how music hole should've went: i.4cdn.org/aco/1486772687025.png

flat chests, flat chests everywhere
who's that other hyooman girl? is she Susan's black friend from Dark Purple?

Obviously deliberate.

It seems pretty obvious that some though probably not all people working on the show liked the idea and included little hints. But they also got cold feet. This was before Steven Universe and even know the idea is contentious, but with smaller and smaller groups. We've gotten to the point where even the GOP is "I'm for gay rights!" because it's politically troublesome to be otherwise now.

I think one thing to note is, the most obvious explanation is they dated once, and then broke up, that doesn't really hinge on the show and shipping now. If anything it might mean, "Bubblegum and Marceline tried it and it didn't work so they won't work out as a romantic couple," you aren't destined to get back together with your ex.

>I think one thing to note is, the most obvious explanation is they dated once, and then broke up, that doesn't really hinge on the show and shipping now. If anything it might mean, "Bubblegum and Marceline tried it and it didn't work so they won't work out as a romantic couple," you aren't destined to get back together with your ex.
I thought this too but the way the show pushes it makes me think otherwise. Feel like they're way too close to just be exes that are now close friends. Like that one episode about Ice King's crown they were pretty much on a date.

The way they handle the canon makes it seem real weird but I think they're supposed to be exes that sort of got back together now.

> What's your point?

Point is that Marcy is dyke but PB isn't.

adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Sally