Blood Meridian

Who would you cast?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckriders
bokkenrijders.com/publicaties-en-artikelen/17-nolleke-van-geleen
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Emma Stone as the Judge, but the entire movie is filmed inside her footwear or in the babbling brooks of water she tenderly bathes her well trod tootsies in from time to time

The Kid.

How about Glanton? Or the kid? Or toadvine? Or Tobin? Or Black Jackson?

Shoehorned minorities. What else?

Joe Manginillio or Tim Robbins as the Judge unironically

For me I gotta go with John Goodman for the Judge he can be charismatic and friendly one minute then absolutely switch to a maniacal bloodthirsty monster with no problems, some people also suggested Michael Shannon.

Toadvine

Too soft tbqh

There wouldn't be a need, Glanton's gang is already pretty diverse, as is the cast that surrounds them

it should be a bunch of literally whos so we feel detached as possible from them

ed harris in his 30's for the judge
the dude who plays barbossa in potc for Toadvine
don't know for glanton
young denzel for the black guy
some unknown blond kid for the kid, i don't know any kid actors at all
tim olyphant for the kid grown up

Pic related as bathcat

ed harris is 5,6 tho

Idris Elba for all roles

>that writing style

DROPPED

The kid is described as pale and thin. They can rough him up. It's not like that shit is hard to do.

This novel is terrible; I still haven't finished it after two attempts.

Absolutely.

This

Motherfucker, be patient. Others will contribute.

I always pictured Barry Pepper with dark hair an a beard as Glanton, idk why. Also, pic related would probably make a good Tobin

This would be the best idea, but it would never happen unless it was a low budget art house film.

You've never even read the book have you? Fucking moron.

>but it would never happen unless it was a low budget art house film

Doesn't James Franco own the film rights?

Yeah, Ed is great in Westerns. Perhaps the best alive, but his stature doesn't fit the Judge.

Tom hanks as the judge

i'd see barry pepper as a grown up Kid, but i picture glanton a little more imposing, almost regal

I don't think he owns it. I knew he was thinking about making it. Luckily that didn't happen.

Josh Brokin maybe then

GOT IT. Lee Van Cleef for Glanton.

What a waste

good choice too

You fucking faggot. This is why I try not to post if it sounds like mindless shit you'd read on Reddit that goes without saying. You wasted perfectly delicious quints.

>Lee Van Cleef

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, user, but he and Lee Marvin are....some of the baddest motherfuckers ever in Hollywood.

this is what Glanton actually looked like FYI

Get the fuck out you meme loving faggot.

I know he did at one point. Hopefully no more unless he's just acting/producing. I admire Franco's passion but BM needs a visual director. Needs to be the Apocalypse Now of westerns. Ridley Scott was a pretty good fit for the material back when he was attached.

I've always found this picture of him to be pretty unnerving... something about those eyes

I'm glad you qualified that with "back when".

I think it's the fact that you know he will go on to kill almost a hundred innocent people for next to no reason

Yeah that or his fucking demon eyes

Look at this picture compared to the fucker clearly went off the deep end at some point

This is a picture of a Dutch bandit who might've killed up to a thousand people (and his gang killed far more, although he made a point to perform most of the executions because he was afraid his gangmembers might kill the wrong people).
Fun fact: even though this is his photo, he died before photography was invented. It's accepted as his picture because it was included within the historical files and matches all contemporary descriptions of him.

Dave Bautista as the Judge, with camera wizardry making him look about 6 inches taller

Thanks for the pic. That is awesomely creepy.

People in old pics had to stand very still for minutes due to long exposure time. Hence, everybody looks a bit off.

It looks like Mama with a hat and mustache.

Wtf those eyes don't look real. They look like they were painted on over a picture

Sauce on this? My almonds have been activated

How is that even possible?? Am I missing something?

>thousands of men were arrested, most of which were executed, by the army in the hopes of getting him
>didn't say anything even after weeks of the most inhuman torture possible
>his successor was some big hairless dude who was known to be amazing at the violin and dance endlessly
>pic related is that guy's (Nolleke van Geleen) self portrait
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckriders

>This pastor, who lived in Landgraaf, knew several buckriders personally. The author tells us that these robbers made a pact with theDeviland rode their bucks at night. The common people told stories about them flying through the sky, pronouncing the following spell: 'Over huis, over tuin, over staak, en dat tot Keulen in de wijnkelder!' (across houses, across gardens, across stakes, even acrossCologneinto the wine cellar!). Once a year, they would visit their master, the Devil, on the 'Mookerheide'.

Thanks

Looks like a fucking uruk

Director: Cary Fukanaga
Format: 11 part miniseries

Will Poulter: the kid
Vincent DOnofrio: The Judge
Josh Brolin: John Glanton
Walter Goggins: Toadvine
Jeremy Renner: Captain White
Bryan Cranston: Tobin
Iwan Rheon: David Brown
Erik La Ray Harvey/Donal Logue: John Jackson

bokkenrijders.com/publicaties-en-artikelen/17-nolleke-van-geleen

Can someone translate?

>before photography was invented
but BM is set during 1850?

bruh

Pretty solid, can't say I like the casting of Brown though

you mean which assassins would i hire to stop it from being made?

i want the job done and done right so i'm gonna go with the japanese amida buddha death cult assassination squad on this one

I thought you mean Glan-ton, forgive me

its a tough role i was just looking who could play a young crafty psychopath.

My life improved as soon as I started to avoid adaptations. No matter how good the reception is.

yes. they are cancer.

Eh, I always read him as one of the older guys in the gang, kind of a Clint Eastwood gone wrong lookin guy

The Judge

Too short

Might be a bit too old/out of shape for this one. He has the acting chops for it though

after beasts of no nation i totally see fukunaga doing this

How'd I do Sup Forums?
Directed by Justin Kurzel
12 part miniseries
DOP Adam Arkapaw

Unknown as the kid
Dave Bautista drenched in white makeup as the Judge
Josh Brolin as Glanton
Jeremy Davies as Tobin
Ed Norton as Toadvine
Isaac C. Singleton Jr as Black Jackson
Sid Haiges as Davy Brown
Jeff Bridges as Grannyrat
Collin Ferrel as Bathcat
Woody Harrelson as Captain White

The score should be minimal, mostly for ambience

Make the opening credits an ultra close up of someone getting scalloped followed by shots of open landscape with Ben Nichols' The Judge playing over it

Forgot Barry Pepper as grown up kid