Why is food handled so weirdly and poorly in films and TV?

Why is food handled so weirdly and poorly in films and TV?

Can you elaborate?

Food is handled poorly in real life.

Meals are ignored. Paid for food is left in the restaurant. Gigantic enormous breakfasts are passed up in favour of a piece of toast. Everyone eats weirdly if they eat at all.

this is mostly because the scene has to be done a bunch of times the actors can't eat more than a bite or two each time or they fill up

>Mom makes a huge breakfast
>Dad takes one sip of coffee and says gotta go
>Kids immediately have to go to the bus

Why would you put out breakfast at like 8:55?

Food is also prepared in special ways so it looks good. Probably can't even eat most of the stuff they use.

Babette's Feast you pleb

They should shoot around it to make it less awkward on screen then.

Why does it bother you, are you a fat fuck?

>and your other breakfast

That and The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and His Lover are great foodkino, better than Jiro Shits on Sushi

Most of the time they do. Directors and editors notoriously hate doing dinner scenes.

EXPLAIN THE GROUNDHOG DAY DINER SCENE

>Meals are ignored. Paid for food is left in the restaurant. Gigantic enormous breakfasts are passed up in favour of a piece of toast.

Because movies and TV aren't documentaries.

The "just gonna grab a piece of toast" convention is just that. It's theatre. He's not actually going off to work either, it's just there to communicate immediacy.

>Because movies and TV aren't documentaries.
This is the shittiest excuse ever. You might as well have said "Turn your brain off".

>stabs at food with fork for entire scene
>leaves

It was a good system, though.

>Character doesn't say bye on the phone
>Repeats everything the other person says out loud
>Does this too fast for the other person to possibly be speaking

>IT'S NOT A DOCUMENTARY BRO

This would drive me mad in TBBT. Every other scene is them gathered around a meal and they never eat it. They move their forks around the plate push the food around and just wait for their line to come up. I get that they can't say it if their mouth is stuffed full of food but then I noticed they were all doing it even the people without any lines and also just how frequently they are around food. Len's house they usually order food. At work they are in the cafeteria. In the early seasons they were at the cheesecake factory.

Then I noticed in the scenes in Penny's house where they have a wine night or lunch they do actually drink the wine. But they never eat the food. It drove me crazy and I had to stop watching the show.

garlic doesn't liquefy, that doesn't even make sense

>shittiest excuse

It's reality. Fights aren't realistic. People don't get knocked out. No you can't survive that bullet storm. In reality she would have kicked his ass out. The dog would have died from being in a box that long. Nobody is taking a shit. Nobody is eating enough.

You accept a million things beyond "hurr it's a dragon that's not real". You accept these storytelling conventions.

>>IT'S NOT A DOCUMENTARY BRO

Yes, not showing people awkwardly saying goodbye for 2 minutes is because it's theatre and makebelieve. This is not something you want in any media.

The absolute worst part of autistic cunts like yourselves is that you uncritically accept much worse aspects of general storytelling. 99% of all media you consume tells the story that there is a story. That there is an arc and narrative to life. That shit happens for a reason, that persistence pays off, that you should pursue romance a certain way or get rewarded at the end.

There's a reason sheltered manchildren raised on media can't cope with the real world. It contains none of these things. You have no place in that world, so you retreat back to the stories where things make sense.

Then you complain they don't finish their meals in those stories and pat yourself on the back for not buying Hollywood's BS.

you have to slice it real thin

>characters are eating a meal
>don't tip at the end

Continuity.

>hat persistence pays off, that you should pursue romance a certain way or get rewarded at the end.

Actually that is how life works for non-losers and Trump is proof of that.

Why is it only anime has got food right?

you have autism

>character orders a beer
>something happens and character walks away without even taking a sip

>Actually that is how life works for non-losers and Trump is proof of that.

You're using as your example the contest between a woman who's tried to be president three times and lost every time, who's been politically active her entire life, with connections all over the system, with billions of dollars more invested, who jewed the entire DNC to ensure she was unopposed.. against an orange gorilla in a suit who wasn't even trying to win?

That's the proof persistence pays off and you get rewarded?

This is the intellectual artillery behind the average Trumpeteer.

orders "a beer"

Which beer?

Then why was there no gobblegoul

This. The stuff you see in magazine adverts etc is often inedible.

Crooked Hilary runs on dishonesty and lies and has had her comeuppance three times. Crooked Hilary should not even have been there we all know Bernie one and Crooked Whorelary fucked him.

You just proved my point.

ENTRY LEVEL

>runs on dishonesty and lies
literally what Trump does

Ramen is so fucking overrated. Water and wet pasta that's all it is. Dress it up by adding an egg and soy sauce wooow

The house draught obviously.

like when? show me a one that is not fake news

so she can eat it by herself and not get called fat

>having to pre-disqualify all the answers you'd get

>watching Hannibal prepare meals and eat
>get hungry and lose appetite a the same time

Just to save you time. Show me a trump lie. No fake news please.

you would have to, to watch TBBT

Ramen is a big deal in SE/E Asia. It's like how pizza or burgers are for the west

its delicious senpai

It's okay. It's not a meal I'd pay more than $6 for.

GOOD RAMEN FOLDED 1000 TIMES BY REAL NIPS IS A RISING HIPSTER FOODY TREND IN WESTERN CITIES

YOSHINOYA IS CRAP

This is a good post.

No it isn't.

Not him, but seriously stop even joking about propagating this myth.

No it is. It's funny and puts you losers in your place.

>myth
I bet you haven't even tried it. You need to slice it real thin.

It's just a dude trying way too hard to sound clever.

Watch Hannibal. It'll make you hungry but also might make you want to puke

You have to use a razor blade or an actually sharp knife

It was pretty clever. Sure has this place by the balls.

It got one reply.

Because you're all too embarrassed to challenge it.

Good thing that it costs like $5 then.
It's not Japan's fault that hipsters are charging $20 for it in shitty fusion restaurants, ramen is fast food at its heart but nobody seems to realize it.

Mind you, it's delicious. Just not high cuisine.

>guy asks for a beer
>bartender doesn't ask "which beer?"

It's not true. T.chef.

No, I literally tried it in high school more than 10 years ago when I saw the movie. Just stop.
Used a razor.

That filename is the real bait here.

When i go to the bar i always say regular pint please which means carlsberg because thats the most common tap

t. dane

What is this image and why do I keep seeing it?

>only the fat character ever eats

Because it's just a damn prop. It doesn't have to taste good or necessarily even look too appealing if it's not the focus of the scene.

>he eats food
This is a thin board, tubbo. I bet you're also not constantly in the middle of bench press reps in case someone walks into your room.

My least favorite shortcut is when they have the actors just talk with their mouth full, always chewing, never swallowing, so that it always looks like they're eating without screwing up the food on the plate or conspicuously not eating.

the devs behind No Man's Sky at release before the players found out they'd been had

Phones and computers are worse.