Which is the overall best of the three major Star franchises?

Which is the overall best of the three major Star franchises?

Twin Peaks

Trek up until 2005.

Is the original Star Trek good?

They've all turned to garbage, just like humanity. Burn everything.

Star Wars fans are the only reason to hate Star Wars

Stargate is not a major franchise

i've never seen stargate, should i bother?

TOS, TNG, and DS9

you can skip the rest

It depends on how much of their content you include. Focusing just on movies and tv shows, I'd say Stargate wins - Star Wars is crippled in the contest by the prequels, and Star Trek loses on a simple good seasons/ bad seasons ratio comparison.

With EU, Star Wars wins (Legends or Canon). Stargate barely has one, I haven't found a single Star Trek novel enjoyable, and I tried most of the bigger ones.

>Stargate is not a major franchise
Three movies, and three shows with a cumulative total of seventeen seasons.

shiggydiggy

I enjoy it, but a lot of people can't handle the 60s cheese.

Yes.

Purely by dollars, I would say they're right. Stargate is about an exponent off of the other two. And those movies were straight to TV or DVD.

>Startgate anywhere near Trek or SW.

What's the third one?

If this doesnt give you an STD nothing will.

>the more you watch this, the angrier you will get.

I've watched every episode so far and I don't remember this. Maybe I wrote out it out my brain.

i have to feel TNG
i haven't seen more than 1 episode, I have the screenshots to prove it. star wars is boring, and
is that battlestar galactica? I'm not sure, but I've never seen another star franchise

what's the last one, lord of the rings?

Lol wat

Where's BSG?
I bet a Cylon made this thread
Anyways, TNG > All

Absolutely, that said if your watching it in order a few of the early episodes are bad

Is it anything like Planet of the Apes (1968)?

if a vulcan touches your pee pee too hard you can talk to him through space and trip balls.

What is eve supposed to be happening.

The space battle scenes were unironically better than Starshit

Star Trek, probably. Even with the reboot and Discovery, there's still 79 episodes of TOS, 178 of TNG, 176 of DS9, most of it good stuff.

Stargate is not a major franchise.

It's way cheesier than Planet of the Apes. Here's the most powerful item in existence: a piece of styrofoam that they shined lights on from behind the camera to make shiny.

Starship Troopers.

Is this the new trek thread?

It's got like three-hundred episodes, two made-for-TV movies, and a theatrically released movie. It's not as big as Trek and Wars, but it's still a big franchise.

4you

I agree though,il like it more because the whole concept hastn be canibalized (yet) like trek or nu male war.

>Which is the best star trek
The Orville / thread

Firefly

it still hurts a little

I think it's the best because of the characters. It was more fun and full of humanity and life. I'm watching the series right now and enjoying it a lot.

It is severely flawed though. The effects are absolute shit. Literally, a dog in a $3 costume or a dude with fake eyebrows is an 'alien', every planet looks like a stage with fake rocks. The plots were also overly zany, ridiculous and even childish. A lot of it is outright absurd.

But the characters and the art direction were great. Kirk and Spock were just fucking awesome. Both were amazing in their own ways.
Spock calm and confident. Kirk strong and with vision. I always view the original as sort of a break off series from the twilight zone. The sets, lighting and even some of the actors come from that series. It just feels like a prolonged twilight zone episode.

I feel like every series after TNG has been a next generation rip off but just with better effects + CGI. Overly serious and boring. It would be interesting if they remade a star trek series in the same fun spirit as the originals, with similar outfits and art and fun characters but with better effects and more witty plots.

yeah, its pretty good. into darkness is bad but the trilogy picks up with beyond

Stargate is not a major frachise. Better than the other two Star franchises though.

TNG = SG1 > ATL > ORVILLE > JJTREK > VOY > SGU > DS9 > TOS > ENT > BOTH SW TRILOGIES > STD > 7 > R1

This is just my opinion, feel free to call me out on shit taste.

>I have to go now, my planet needs me.

BSG 2004

Stargate desu

I'm going through trek right now, TOS still holds up pretty decently you just have to keep in mind it's age.

Star wars is the worst no doubts about it.

The Orville

Stargate was the best. Trek had its moments. I pretend star wars doesn't exist. So boring after the first 3 movies.

nice try but it's obviously pic related

trek > wars > gate

Stargate was gigantic in the 90s and 00s. The music alone was used in so many trailers as placeholder "sci fi adventure" music.

Apparently Star Trek was one of the most expensive series ever made, per episode, in its day. It was just tough to make stuff look good 50 years ago.

Stargate was the last TV serious I knew the time it would be aired and I would keep that time free. I miss television. Gaming has filled the void.

That's just incoherent nonsense.

>And those movies were straight to TV or DVD.
Not the first one.
Will probably get rebooted any day now too.

looks like some random sci-fi shit that would not be out of place in a crappy episode of Trek.

Those that can; do Star Trek. Those that can't; do Star Wars.
>stargate
literally who

For me space felt way bigger in TOS. The Enterprise doesn't run into other Federation vessels very often. It always seemed to me they implied it would take a long time to get back to Earth if they decided to turn around. Kirk is basically the King of the Enterprise.

By the time of TNG the space the Enterprise is exploring seems trivial. They can be back to earth in 2 days most of the time.

SG-1, SG:A, and SG:U for characterization, actor quality.

Star Trek for world building, comfyness, and overall episode value. +better movies

Star Wars for meme normie adoption.

I cancelled my cable when SG-1 went off air.

Star Trek by a mile. While there are shitty movies and series theres still a lot of good stuff. Star Wars is 2 GOAT movies and one okay one plus tons of shit. The prequels are memeworthy but that doesnt elevate it really. Stargate is just poor mans trek, where only the first series is watchable.

>ITT wacko plebs who don't appreciate pure kino

Star gate > Star trek > Star wars

BSG honorable mention still probably better then star wars imo

Is this from that fan made pink floyd music video?

>tfw Star Trek has been ruined, Star Wars has been ruined, and they're going to ruin Stargate.

>leaving out the best star show

>Star Wars fans are the only reason to hate Star Wars
Did you forget there also hasn't been a good movie in the franchise since 1983?

NCC-Fidget Spinner

>Teal'c gets slammed in face by door every loop
>MacGuyver keeps getting asked some dumb question by Daniel
One of my favorite episodes.

so fucking glad I dropped this garbage

I think it's getting good though.
If a spinning ship put you off, I'm not sure how you got through the bullshit in the other series of ST

Like turning into lizards past warp 10 or space pedos roaming the galaxy with Wesley.