Go to a wedding party of a friend

>go to a wedding party of a friend
>not really social, spend most of the time drinking on the stairs with another buddy
>time for le party games
>the bride keeps insisting we come and join the rest of the guests
>"Eh, alright, let's do this. What's the game?"
>"We're gonna play some movie soundtracks and you name the movie they're from!"
>"You sure you want me to play? You know I'm a movie buff."
>"Nah, it will be fun, come on, let's join the others."
>answer correctly four times in a row from the get go
>the bridge approaches me and silently suggests I stop playing and let others have fun
>nobody talks to me for the rest of the party as if I'm some asshole

>tfw people outside of Sup Forums can't handle my levels of autism

Did you succ and fucc afterwards?

Well, what movies were they faggot?

No, are you mad? He was a good friend.

Casablanca
Saving Private Ryan
Back to the Future
Black Sails

Probably some surface level normie shit.

Four is too many user, you should have stopped at three. Three is enough to assert your dominance, but not enough that everyone will think you're an autistic know-it-all. With a bit of charisma, you can play it off as the quirky know-it-all.

I see, you went for the chop his limbs off and let him burn to death. Classic.

So what soundtracks did they play? And wtf, they didn't do the game in written form? Or did everyone just hate you because you knew the answers?

Good question.

OP?

Bane?

The movies I guessed correctly were these: . I left the room and did not bother listening to the rest after that.

Yeah, doing it in written form would've been the smart thing, but instead they just played the soundtracks on a shitty laptop, and everyone sitting in the room could guess out loud.

I'm a big Bane for you.

You are definitely Driver-level autistic but the others at the party were at fault. The bride for not leaving you alone, and the others for throwing a hissy fit like a bunch of retards. There are two things they could've done:

>"haha new rule, user has to wait until everyone's either guessed or given up!"
or
>turn the game into "see if Rain Man can guess what increasingly obscure movie this soundtrack is from" and marvel at his autism

The second is obviously less likely but I've seen stuff like that happen. Freshman year we had an awkward kid who could give you the album and year for pretty much any song released in the 80's, and he was our entertainment for the entire bus ride home from some shit field trip.

Basically your friends are morons

should have doubled down and kept guessing fuck that bitch asking you to let people win

>Basically your friends are morons
Yeah, no shit.
Funny thing is, I would have actually enjoyed testing my autism for their enterntaiment.

Having autism is hard.
>say something seemingly innocuous
>"You're such an asshole user."
Every time.

>Black Sails
Confirmed for Patrician Taste.

I don't think you're a bad person, but you were obviously in the wrong. The purpose of these games is for guests to answer theae wrong and getting human emotions out of them "well gee I sure embarrassed myself by getting it wrong". You're spoiling everyone's fun by getting them right, and don't kid yourself, probably 5 other people could've given the rift answer but instead shut up as to not be a nuisance.

>Saving Private Ryan

Yeah, okay, that is autism.

What fucking sense does that even make? Who comes up with such dumb-ass rules of social interaction?

Are you implying SPR does not have a memorable musical theme?

The bride kept badgering him to go, and he warned her of his power level ahead of time

See the guests could've handled it better than being a bunch of faggots. Not to mention that anyone who was there should've known op was slightly autistic and probably can't help it

>>nobody talks to me for the rest of the party as if I'm some asshole

its probably because you are

Does it? I'm literally drawing a blank.

>Try and start a conversation about film. literature, history, or science
>Get blown off everytime

The feels

This happened to me with a word game drinking game I was playing.

For years I've been extending my vocabulary and I read a lot too and write and after a few rounds were I kept winning, some roasty said "I think we should all agree user shouldnt play anymore."

Fucking Normie's.

>Who comes up with such dumb-ass rules of social interaction?
The point is that we tend to befriend each other more when we've seen ourselves exposed, in which being embarrassed counts. You think people have fun doing these? They're just a before-party trick by which to get guests to know each other so the party and dancing isn't too stiff as otherwise the groom and bride's friends wouldn't know one another.
Which is why the bride wanted him to be there, since she could probably smell that OP was extra autistic and needed people to warm up to him:

I've seen it twice and the music is lost on me. Perhaps I'd recognize it if I heard it though, but I can't recall the theme off the top of my head. Good for you.

Although, I'm 100% certain you could have come up with a way to play this off without coming across as autistic. What would a movie buff Chad have done?

OP did nothing wrong.

>What would a movie buff Chad have done?
Say Transformers every time and laugh loudly.

IMO the bride should've had the social finesse to make some kind of restriction on op without isolating him. I agree that the point of the game is for people to joke around, get things wrong, and lead to conversations, but she handled it like a tard.

We had a game at some team building shit at the company a while ago. It was about guessing movies from pics and quotes. I got 98%, fucking plebs. The week before it was about songs, I guessed nothing, it was mostly top 50 and I don't listen to this.

>For years I've been extending my vocabulary and I read a lot too and write
>Fucking Normie's.
>Normie's
>'s

Black Sails isn't a movie but it has a good intro theme if that's what they played

Yes. I also think I heard the Walking Dead theme, so I think they included TV shows into the game, too.

Funny thing is, it was me that recommended Black Sails for the groom when it first started airing. Guy said he loved it.

t. commie

either this, or:
>same something serious
>everyone bursts out laughing
>quickly smile and join in

wow, for someone who has such an impressive grasp of the english language you sure do suck at writing

Did you let other people have a go first, or did you just blurt out the answer the instant you heard the song?

I'm not that much of an autist. Yes, I did give them some time, like 5-10 seconds. Plenty, I believe. And some of the guests presented wrong answers.

Which is why it pissed me off so much. I honestly did attempt to make it fun for everyone, and still ended up as the tryhard.

Maybe should have just let a couple go and pretend you didn't know them, or at least wait until someone asked you if they knew you were a movie buff.

Hard to know what to do in these situations. Alcohol sure doesn't help though, everyone always reacts differently when drinking.

You dindu nuffin op seriously people and games dont mix like playing cards against humanity was fun the few times I played but people start acting stupid lol

I feel for you man
>dinner at a family gathering
>grandpa died recently and adults are gonna talk about inheritance later, everybody's pissed because they know it'll be a shitfest
>honestly I shouldn't even be there
>ms. single mother decides to play riddles with kids to shut them up
>I barge in and answer all of them
>getting cold stares from all around the table
>riddles stop coming but thankfully sushi is next so I can demonstrate my mastery of chopsticks
>what do you think, everyone?

>he warned her of his power level ahead of time

sounds like a
>lets get married when we're 19 america wedding

Also, not trying to atleast talk to people at a wedding. That's the whole point of going.

People on this board dont understand social interaction. But to be fair, OP mentioned right off the bat he was was sitting on the stairs like a grade A weirdo.

Wow sitting on the stairs talking with another person, what a wackjob! Oh no he didnt pretend to be a dum dum in a game he was roped into someone stop this autist!

Only bums and cats sit on stairs.

Who the fuck plays that shit at a wedding? Maybe it was karaoke and you went full autism.

>tfw you destroy a game of trivial pursuit from an edition before your birth
>tfw embarrassed to know about Dusty Springfield and East Germany
It's not even power level shit, normies just hate people who know more.

was this you, op?

> Warned about his power level
> Force him to play anyway
> Get mad when he shits on everyone
> Treat him like shit

Like I get the whole 'le being self aware despite your crippling autism' meme that people on Sup Forums seem fond of posting these days to pretend that they're normal, but this pretty clearly wasn't his fault.

Quite close.

OP, post a picture of yourself so Sup Forums can immortalize you in the

>'Villains' that did nothing wrong

Threads

I hate playing Trivial Pursuit because you just fucking know the people who own the game being used have played it so often they remember most of the answers by heart.

Not really, I have retard levels of trivia knowledge and I'll eagerly use it to win games. It's about being able to be a sociable person. Being able to tell stories, laugh and drink while you win the game. Remember, the main goal is just having a good time and be invested in others. People dont dislike people who know more (provided theyre not cocky dicks), people dislike antisocial behavior. Whether you have all the answers or shit silently in the corner.

A tempting idea, but I think it just might come back and bite me in the ass in the future.

This happened to me but with name a TV show based on the host's description where the guy was coming up with them on the spot Problem was I could like see the guy's thoughts as a default pop culture consumer. The third one in a row I got was like "This 1980's ..." "Miami Vice". "Fuck". I never even seen miami vice

>You should go on Jeopardy, user!

Reminds me of the time my cousin's kid said he was a movie buff and claimed all day that he can beat me in movie trivia.

My aunt dusts off the old Planet Hollywood game and I proceed to decimate the young teen like a billiard player running the table. The kid end up crying because movie knowledge was really the only thing that he had going for him. The rest of the family says " user you should have let him win a few games" I said autistically. " I had to let him know I was the movie guy in this family."

Unless youre a child, then no, you really shouldnt be sitting on the stairs. People will instantly think something is wrong with you.

he'd be correct too

>not succ and fucc your friend
it's 2017, grandpa... it's not gay if you put on a dress first

>" I had to let him know I was the movie guy in this family."
That's fucking hilarious

Isn't the point of going to a wedding without a date to try to fuck one of the bridesmaids? That's where I'd put all my energy instead of drinking with a bud.

Response was slightly autistic but other than that you were fine. Kid needs to learn not to run his mouth unless he's got the ammo to back it up. At least he got shut down in movie trivia instead of mouthing off to some kid at school about how he can beat him up.

When playing this game it's always super generic, well known soundtracks too. Like Indiana Jones, or Star Wars. So you're not weird for being a film buff. everyone would know that stuff.

Yes, that or catch up with friends and family who you havent seen in ages and meet new people.

Anyone who calls themselves a movie buff is automatically in the wrong.

>and meet new people
Yeah. Like a sexy bridesmaid that wants to get sticky and stinky with you.

>go to wedding
>fuck yea gonna be lots of pussy there
>chicks love weddings, guaranteed to get laid
>get there
>me and my friend are the only single ones there
>literally every cunt is in a relationship
>wtf
>still try to fuck the whores when their bfs arent there
>nothing
>feel robbed
>me and mate piss in the punch bowls

Only thing that fat fuck can beat up is a hot meal.

Oh it definitely would, but it'd be pretty cool.

The worse weddings to go to is for addicts in recovery. They never have an open bar and when you drink they make you feel guilty. NEVER attend a wedding for people in any sort of drug or alcohol recovery.

>a friend asks you "Have you seen xyz movie? It was so good!"
>immediately start listing numerous undisputable facts and arguments of how the execution of every single filmmaking element is atrocious thanks to the hundreds of threads where you argued about it, even start talking about details in the preproduction and studio fuck ups
>friend makes a long pause and just replies with "okay"

How do you hide your power level irl? How to contain your Sup Forums autism?

> I had to let him know I was the movie guy in this family

I recall one time my autistic knowledge actually got me praised for some weird reason.
I was at a pizza parlor with some friends for trivia night and a question to the tune of "Who was the developer for the original Spyro the Dragon game?" No one at the table knew but I really like the original Spyro and had actually done a 100% run that week so obviously I knew it was Insomniac. No one else in the parlor knew the answer so it was our point. It was also the point that won the game for us.
Afterwards the chad MC for the night (buff blond dude) came over with his stacey and chad friends and shook my hand. Was impressed and said basically it was cool I knew that. I was proud.
But it all felt kinda strange.

>tfw youll never be approached by a sturdy bridge

No not even just for scoring chicks. Weddings are the ideal environment for Sup Forums autists to practice social interaction. Everyone is happy, theres alcohol and food. You can practice small talk and if you fuck it up you can just go to someone else. It's practically impossible to fuck up. You're not forced to dance and the music is often at reasonable levels. Hell, you can even wear some nice clothes.

OP you only screwed up by not going the full length and blasting their asses to bits with your patrician knowledge. Once you've revealed your power level there's no going back so may as well go balls deep.

This exact same thing happened to me a couple months ago. Literally every bridesmaid was in a relationship. Me and one other groomsman were like literally the only ones there who didn't bring a date. Fucking ridiculous.

Yeah, Chad and Stacey are definitely mocking you behind your back for knowing a company other than EA or R*.

You're under the assumption that this story is real.

My closest friends ask me "not to hold back" if they want my opinion on something at full autism level. Otherwise I always say something like "I have my problems with the film, didn't really like it" and leave it there.

But it is real.

You think so user? The whole point of trivia night is to flaunt your knowledge. Also, I like to remember this fondly. So I like to assume he was either legit impressed because no one else in the place knew that or maybe he also liked Spyro or games or something.
You might be right. But why would he bother coming over to shake my hand?

Shits and giggles. It's always fun to trigger the autists with unsuspected social interaction.

Did that. Bride and groom met in mental hospital, him rehab, she anorexia (truly a recipe for success).
Groom wasn't suppose to drink, but when he came round to our table he ended up doing shots with us from our hip flasks. Dude got so drunk and excited he wanted to ditch the bride and come to the after-club. Massive tantrums and tears all round ensued, great evening.

Perhaps its the cynic in me, but it has been my experience that if normies have a chance to belittle and mock you to make themselves feel better or superior, they will take it, especially if you are generally regarded as the loser and have one-upped them publicly in something like knowledge.

>Weddings are the ideal environment for Sup Forums autists to avoid all interaction possible. Everyone is happy and occupied, theres alcohol and food. You can just sit, eat and drink without doing anything else at all. It's practically impossible for anyone to even notice you if you don't leave your seat. You're not forced to dance and the music is often at reasonable levels. Hell, you don't even have to come at all.
ftfy

I met my current girlfriend in a mental hospital. Me for alcohol, her for PTSD from time in the Air Force. I'm not sure if your post gives me hope it will last,

I have no trouble interacting with people but if the slutty girls there lead you on for a while then use you to bitch about their friends on the next table it gets boring. So we pissed in the punch bowls grabbed an esky full of beer and got the dads and uncles together at the back and had a boys corner. Got pretty good after that. Dad of the bride is loaded aswell so he jears about no single chicks so takes us to a brothel and gets us 2 girls each and gives us enough money to pay for them for the night.

Oh. But he seemed like a nice guy.
Maybe you're right though. The way it was set up you didn't know who at a table specifically gave the correct answer. So he actually came over to our table and asked who had answered the Spyro question right. So of course I got singled out, my friends said "Him." and I proudly claimed it. Then he shook my hand and all that.
Man. Kind of feels bad now.

anime

I've played that game before but for some reason I'm terrible at it even though I'm a massive movie autist.

This.
I was a Trivial Pursuit Champ. I have the most amazing wealth of sheer useless trivia hard coded into my brain. I am also very outgoing, and know how to be sociable and interact with others.
Usually It goes something like this:
People want to play a game.
Trivial Pursuit (or a similar game) will get mentioned.
A friend will say "Oh god, user is a Wizard at that stuff!", "Yeah!" chimes in another.
Soon the whole group had the boxes of cards all dumped out going through them trying to find the one that will defeat me. It's a blast because we're ALL having fun.

>I had a happy memory now I feel bad
Welcome to Sup Forums, where frustrated assholes destroy you to make themselves feel better. Leave now if you still want to be happy. We are worse than the normies we REEEE about.

Honestly user it's hard to say because we werent there. I'll admit I'll chuckle or smirk when I see someone do something completely autistic, but it's rare for people to single you out and purposely make fun of you. You probably came of as a bit 'different', but noone really cares about you all that much (in a good way). You're overthinking it.

It could, just take things extra slow to make sure you're both stable as time passes. These two got married a couple months out of the bin, without even building a stable situation for themselves, let alone being able to handle marital life. Good luck friend.