When?

When?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_eR8yaOepkg
youtube.com/watch?v=VFsvQNt2bIE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>more capeshit
hopefully never. no good directors are doing it now Snyder got shitcanned.

Sadly never.
They even ended the good run for a adam wests batman run, only to bring beyond back in a different timeline to kill terry off for one of the robins, and now rebirths is just fucking bad. Like holy shit bad.
Like, they make damian the new ras, and hes out to kill terry hardcore. Literally seconds away from murdering him, then doesnt and decides hes a good guy ish. Literally 180 flip out of no where, end of that storyline.

Makes me fucking sad.
I honestly think at this point, it would be better just to let rocksteady have him and let them make a byond game based on the show and the comics up until the justice lords saga.

I wouldn't mind seeing a big budget live-action TV series of this. Maybe after the DCEU falls apart and movies are less of a thing.

>literally doesn't wear a cape

>when?
Already m8. The animated series is all we need, why destroy a good thing with shit CGI, shit script, muh romance subplot and we wuz batmen

Reminder that the costume doesn't work outside of Timm styled animation, there is no way to clearly render the mouth in three dimensions without it looking like anus.

They would fuck it up so hopefully never

I reckon it could be done properly although the powers that be wouldn't care enough to do it

so you agree with him then

>when?
not anytime soon but there has been an aborted attempt or two before
>would it be any good?
hard to say. nolan's trilogy worked because it only borrowed certain elements and looming storylines from miller's interpretation. any writer and director that would take on a batman beyond movie would only loosely follow the original series. in fact, i wouldn't be surprised if the return of the joker would be the main plot that greenlight a live action movie.

Never got into that series

Just make the 3rd Reeves batfleck movie "Batman beyond" and reuse all the sets from Blade Runner

>Step 1: cover the mouth
>Step 2: there is no step 2, just cover the damn mouth

No more cgi batman shows, they look like ass.

Yeah but Lady Gaga/Magpie tho

imagine if they made a gritty neo noir crime film with terry, small scale nothing large,no laser in the sky, they could do some real neat atmospheric future shit with it too, goddamn we gotta get someone to pitch this

>imagine if they made a gritty neo noir crime film with terry, small scale nothing large,no laser in the sky
Then it wouldn't be Batman Beyond?

why not?

>Batman Beyond
>gritty neo noir

no. Normal Batman should be neo noir. Batman Beyond should be cyberpunk robo-cop/judge dredd at most.

fair enough I can see your point

literally the first batman beyond
>youtube.com/watch?v=_eR8yaOepkg

Such kino

It's not just the costume.

So much of the show's color palette and lighting just won't work live action.

Is this even canon?

A LITERAL GIANT BLUE LASER IN THE SKY how did i misremember this series so hard ?

Yes.

>Ghost in the Shell
>Blade Runner 2049
>The Dark Knight
>Only God Forgives

The colour pallet can be done

Oh yeah look at all that mono black that's totally the same

I get what you meant though, Joker using a satellite to pop shots at Batman is still a lot more grounded than GIANT ALIEN PORTAL BEAM

>watch the clip
>This animation is far to good for a western cartoon
>Look up cast
>TMS Entertainment
>Hiroyuki Aoyama

Why can't the west into animation?

>very difficult light scheme, cannot recreate

Hopefully never. What makes Batman interesting is that he trained his whole life to become the best at the best at as many things as possible (martial arts, science, detective work etc) so he could fight crime, driven to the point of obsession by his need to exert control over his external environment in a way he couldn't when he was a child witnessing his parents being murdered.

Batman Beyond on the other hand is boring because the suit just does everything for him. If you want to watch a movie about a teenager making quips in a super tech suit then just watch Spider-Man Homecoming.

Maybe

>what is batman returns

I don't care what anyone says, Batman Beyond is only topped by Batman:TAS and we should miss it dearly.

youtube.com/watch?v=VFsvQNt2bIE

Wait what? Ok the suit gives him flight, a cloak, claws, extra strength/durability and heightened senses but it's still Mcginnis doing the fighting.

I really like your description of Batman, it's usually a bit hard to explain the core of the character and none of the movies has getting all of it right yet.

Not a capeshit kino, I suppose.

Twink bat

You talking about the comic where terry uses some new suit and cant control it?

When Jayden Smith is ready

:( prob never ... though I don't know if I really want it. D.C. Is too emo to handle the actual tone of the show. It's better served as a tv show, handling "teenage" problems as the show did. But holy fuck wasn't that show great #brucefuckedaguy

Batman Beyond is pretty overrated.

Yeah basically. Batman Beyond is more like Spider Man than Batman.

Half his OC donut steal villains are Spider-Man expys, they even had him kill the fantastic four with the help of notNick Fury

At least Peter Parker would still be a science genius developed through his own work and merit even if he didn't have super powers. Terry literally just has everything done for him.

Pretty sure it was suppose to be a spider man show originally
A lot of baddies are Spider-Man recolors

>Reeves Batman 1
Said it was going to be more of a noir mystery

>Reeves Batman 2
Whatever

>reeves Batman 3
Make it Batman beyond . Then we can have a fat drunk affleck

>literally the first batman beyond
What does that even mean?
The show was on at least a year before this movie. Blue sky lasers weren't a stable of Batman Beyond.

affleck will not play batman again after JL

t.Mobile

didn't that guy from the gi joe movie pull off the same thing

Snake Eyes? He's never had an open mouth on any of his masks.

Reminder Terry is best bat son.

They reflect this in the show, when he's starting out he stealths hard and tries to stay at range as much as possible. As the show progressed they namedropped Bruce training him hardcore and it's reflected in his willingness to get in melee.

He also trained with one of Bruce's masters which led to a run in with Kobra (no relation to GI Joe).
Big props to the effectiveness of that suit because his first run in with Curare could honestly have been his last.

Reminder that Terry being Bruce's biological son ultimately makes the story worse because it works better if Terry was his own man, similar to Deckard being a replicant.

Does terry ever meet up with any of the Robins ?

Agreed, sure Terry didn't know about it for years but it feels like such wank that the only person that could live up to the legacy was literally himself.
Also, sci-fi cuckoldry is the worst.

did you not watch Return of the Joker?

Terry still isn't his own man, Bruce is supplying him with all his tools.

When Michael B. Jordan says he's ready

I wouldn't mind.

Fucking never.

True. Batman Beyond's character issues are around McGinnis troubled nature and need for sense for purpose, which his role as Batman provided. Bruce also wanted someone with qualifications to take over the mantle and was better off with McGinnis providing company in his solitary life in old age. These are not groundbreaking stuff but it could work supplemented with excellent sci-fi and detective plots.

The Damien Wayne demonic future Batman >>>>>>> Terry
I would much rather see the Damien version because it involves the devil and apocalypse.

No

He literally fights off the jokers gang in a nightclub without a batsuit and unarmed.

You mean his biological son. Morons still spouting the clone stupidity I see.

It was planned by Weinstein Company and it was supposed to star Ed Westwick as Terry and Kevin Spacey as Bruce Wayne. It didn't pan out.

They injected bruce's dna into Terry's"biological" father, ever heard of the term dolly clone?

He met Damian in the comics recently

Idk about Dick, but wasn't Jason still dead during the original series?

let's not bring up Tim

No. He's right. It's his biological son. Wallace injected McGinnis "father" with some nanoserum that reconfigured McGinnis "father"s sperm into an exact replicate of that of Bruce. In essence it was Bruce's sperm that merged with McGinnis' mother's egg.

Just some goons at street fighting? Come on. Mcginnis may be good in a scuffle but he is not in the league of Bruce who is trained for decades with the greatest masters in the harshest conditions and gifted with a mary sue tier mind.