/STD/

Catch an all new STD this Sunday, dont miss out on the all new smash hit SciFi phenomenon giving power geeks everywhere a nerdgasm!

Old:

Actual old: >can't even keep a general for "best show ever" going for two days

Your saying the show is so popular its a victim of its own success?

Being that STD is setting a new standard by revolutionizing home kino, people are probably just in shock from how it breaks the 4th wall changing everything people thought they knew about Trek, but were too dumb to know the truth until they watched STD.

So you are saying breaking the 4th wall is a good thing?

They call it DISCO in the show, DIS for short. Now F off.

I watch the new eps when they come out, but it was a struggle to finish the last two episodes. I understand that they can't just make another TNG-style show, but I almost feel like they should've gone full-on dark and gritty mode instead of this weird hybrid. It's a show about a traitor that started an intergalactic war, serving on an experimental starship powered by nipple-clamping living creatures spearheaded by a 'the ends justify the means'-broken man of a captain. When they shove in Dwight with wacky bug armor and awkward Klingon love scenes it just breaks the whole thing.

And it's not like they do the gritty part that great too. The scene where that one officer gets mauled by the tardigrade was downright comical. The sedation clearly didn't work and then she lowers the shield and attempts to shoot the nigh-indestructible monster with weapons that were shown to not even work in the previous episode was so retarded.

In the mirror universe anything goes. Look at how dead shows like Orville or GoT are compared to STD which has the biggest audience in the last 5 years of telekino my friend. Take a look at the numbers because science doesnt lie. Then again if you dont understand science you wont be able to get into STD.

>understand that they can't just make another TNG-style show

Why not?

>>understand that they can't just make another TNG-style show
How would they do that? The creators of STD already said it would be impossible to make the show retro since their too busy to worry about designing a show to look like that. At SDCC the creators said they were too busy making the show to worry about canon and other things which they couldnt anyways since they dont have a Prime timeline license and are using the Kelvin license.

This image shows how STD is ahead of the times when compared to the old Trek show. Even the cast talk about how the new star trek is better because its newer and more high tech than any trek ever made which is what makes them brave enough to go boldly where noone has gone before.

This is the spy it seems.

Fucking mods being payed off to promote the shill thread here which was made 10 minutes after this one:

Why u no let us talk about our show T_T

Their deleting our posts too calling out the mods for promoting the fake thread over this earlier made thread because CBS doesnt like the name.

If your upset with Sup Forums mods being bought off by companies to promote their products come here. Mods disabled this thread and deleted posts showing that their payed off by CBS.

We need to make Sup Forums great gain and get rid of mods taking money from advertisers as seen with how the mods are promoting the CBS thread over this real general created earlier than the other.

CBS Thread:

Fucking CBS paying off mods. Can see it right here they disabled this thread made before the CBS made one.

Original thread showing mods taking money to promote by CBS:
New thread discussing mods being payed off by CBS to promote their thread:

>dead shows like Orville or GoT

Jesus Christ, what kind of psychopath puts cuckville and GOT in any similar category? that's like saying young sheldon is as "shitty" as the office.These shills are rekt beyond belief. Get help.

GoT or TWD to be honest are dead series now that STD reigns supreme as shown here its just general overall ratings which show how STD is the most popular show out there beating out the old dead series and spitting on their graves.

Oh look, its that neogaf refugee who doesn't even know the names of Sup Forums mods or even the basic functionality of Sup Forums, thinking hes uncovering a huge conspiracy

Thank you for letting us have our thread.

Much praises be upon those who let the good word of STD be spread to all people everywhere.

lolwut

T.cuckville shill

He's literally a cuckold. That's a sin, you know. It's about protecting future generations from a degeneracy show made by a plagiarist homosexual jew that sings showtunes.

>comparing Got to WD...

What the fuck is going on? are these indian shit posters that have no understaning of American tv?

uh, negro, CBS outright owns star trek. They aren't licensing it from anyone. They can do literally whatever they wanted with it.

>What the fuck is going on? are these indian shit posters that have no understaning of American tv?
STD is an american show though?

dude doesn't even know who swaglord is.

>same fag Shit poster

sadly parrot media isn't even an indian based shill corp. They don't even have the third-world-shithole excuse for their idiocy.

>uh, negro, CBS outright owns star trek. They aren't licensing it from anyone. They can do literally whatever they wanted with it.
The licenses got split up, CBS owns the rights to the TV show, the movie rights are owned by Paramount.

It sounds dumb but thats what it is. STD is made under the license through Bad Robot from Paramount who made the JJ movies hence its a kelvin license. CBS did not use their license to make this show.

CBS owns paramount you stupid nigger.

STD was setup to be an anthology of 3 different stories over 3 seasons. Trexperts are theorizing that the entire first season is in the mirror universe which is the only reason people think some of the crew are unlikable, just like spock with a goatee, they even show the crew possibly using mirrors to go back and forth to the mirror universe.

mang fuck off with this bullshit, it doens't even get pity (you)s anymore

>CBS owns paramount you stupid nigger.
Hmmmm, no I think back in the day Viacom owned both. Even if they owned CBS it is still a separate license. Legally if one tried to use the image of another on a different license they would get sued or prosecuted either way as its a violation of law.

Pretty sure one would love to see the other tank hence why their fighting it out over licensing. Back in the day with the viacom merger they were forced to split up.

CBS owns CBS, they do not own Paramount, where are you getting that from?

kinda surprised this doesnt exist in better quality to see what they looked like back then.

That actually sounds interesting. Better than a cuckold getting walked all over by his size queen wife.

You dumb fucking nigger google this shit before speaking, goddamn.

CBS = viacom = paramount, its one giant conglomerate, there are no licenses at work.

no ones falling for this attempt to force a brand war either.

>Itt; t.sinner

>CBS = viacom = paramount, its one giant conglomerate, there are no licenses at work.

Yea I know its confusing legal and bs like this always is. But in this case CBS owns the license to the TV universe and Paramount owns a license to the Kelvin universe or making movies basically.

what brand war? once they start selling that sweet STD merch and it is selling out, they will have no complaints. CBS TAKE MY MONEY!

Cant have one company ripping off another studio when even if owned by the parent the rights are retained separately.

Some other common examples is how Square Enix owned the hitman studio but not the license and when SE got rid of the hitman studio they also lost the license to the Hitman IP. Its all branding legal mumbo jumbo but it is a thing.

Standalone episode format > serial plot, for trek.

Fight me.

I don't hit women or men with glasses

negro, stop.

Licensing is only when a third party company buys temporary rights to use a copyrighted property. viacom/CBS/paramount outright owns all the copyrights of star trek, there is no licensing involved.

This isn't like WB/DC/marvel/disney/sony/fox, where one party owns all the copyrights and they're licensing the properties out to other parties.

which is why it should have been set after the dominion war

>viacom/CBS/paramount
These are NOT the same company. Like I said even if they were legally they still need permission to use the license from one to the other.

Yes Disney owns Marvel, but Disney that does not mean that ownership of licenses that marvel holds are all given to Disney, hence why you dont see Mickey mouse running around the marvel movies.

We all hate prequels, but I wouldnt mind seeing maybe a continuation after zefram cochrane our first exploring, war all that. What you said would work too, and it would action while staying in canon. Wasnt that the whole reason they killed axanar?

holy shit shut the fuck up you gigantic retard, you understand literally nothing of what you're talking about.

seriously, how is that klingon interigator so hot?
is it the cheeks? the lips?
i simply can't put my finger on it

the klingons have 2 members I believe in STD.

It's obviously: Some CBS PR Assholes infiltrated Sup Forums to promote this shit show.

Who else ecan't wait for the next episode for the Discovery to fight like nightcrawler?

*at least 2

I can’t tell who is shilling who in the other thread. All the posts feel fake though.

So Klingons can have both genders. Never heard that in other shows.

what? i thought you meant they have 2 dicks? and maybe they have but im guessing three

I think 2 junks or pirate parts maybe some have both now and Klingons can self replicate possibly.

Who knows now

bump 1

Please talk about DIS.

Klingon ship and others may never go to home planet if they can self replicate which may be new for the trek universe but a real possibility.

I sure do love Battlestar Effect

>you can't make a show like the old Treks
>Orville exists

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HOL' UP
SO YOU'S BE SAYIN'
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
HOL' UP
SO YOU'S BE SAYIN' THIS SHOW
HOL' UP
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
SO YOU'S BE SAYIN' THIS SHOW BE CALLED ESSSS TEEEE DEEE 'ND SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET?????

No cylons but anyone could be a spy.

you are a faggot. you wouldn't dare hit anyone even if your wife's son depended on it

Different Klingons in std.

Klingons can shapeshift and take on other forms like humans at will. No one knows who is a real person or the spy but many say Lorca is a Klingon due to his irrational behavior.

puhlease orville is a quipfest and it's only sci-fi in the shallowest way possible. still better then std tho

Show is nothing like gallactica which used cylons as a cheap plot device compare to something more complex which is that many Klingons can shapeshift. This is kept hidden and why it never happened in other Trek series because std needs to do more to stand out and set itself apart from previpus geeks which people are bored of.

Let’s face it std needs I break new ground and if they don’t change things up and ditch the old cliches people call. Canon Trek fans won’t tune in. Std is challenging what everyone thought they knew about Trek by changing everything life long Trek fans thought they knew.

Ive Been a trek fan fan for over 20 years. I see why on STD they call the shop discovery. STD is like no other Star Trek ever made and changes so much I thought I knew about Trek as a fan it feels like a new show.

Each episode I feel like I am discovering Star Trek for the first time STD is so different from every previous series that you wouldn’t know STD was Star Trek without the name.

While many fans complain about ENT and TNG which we can agree weren’t great but STD makes up for both making it the best Star Trek ever made.

>While many fans complain about ENT and TNG which we can agree weren’t great
weak bait, shouldn't have mentioned TNG here. If you'd gone with Voyager then your bait would sound more convincing.

sorry bro i cant make heads or tails of your post

>show about a cuckold
>better than the show it's plagiarizing

Get rekt shill

I meant voy and ent if you look at what is said.

>what is production tech progression

>sir we are drifting dangerously to the neutral zone (page 11)
>set course to page 1
>maximum warp

Makes no sense

Thought it only went up to page 10?

Thanks fellow red shirts keeping it going so we can talk more STD

Stopped after three episodes. Boring shit

Would you consider checking it out again? The third episode of STD is being called he game changer and is causing a stir in the sci-fi community because of how critics are telling people it’s the greatest Star Trek episode ever.

Cool, but it's called DIS or DSC, fuckface.

You can call it whatever, which do you use? I use STD?

It's really hit and miss. The time loop was great but last weeks glow cloud episode was very poorly done. I'm enjoying all the fan theories and call backs though so maybe STD is gonna pull a trick out of it's hat before the end of the season that makes all the suffering worthwhile

We voted to use DSC or DIS.

Why haven't the mods deleted this thread yet when we already have a Discovery thread here . The mods deleted 20 posts OP made but let his thread stay up. Weird. You used to get banned if you spammed links and called the mods paid shills like OP did

How did he get away with this?

>We
(You) pay a lot for your we's.

You what?

That is the thread created later, this one was created earlier. If the mods were to delete a thread it would be the one in your post since it was made when this one was already on the board.

Due to naming differences I think the mod did not know that there were 2 generals for STD. The mod seemed to delete the other posts maybe after it was brought to their attention that this general was the original one and the other one was created at a later time.

This general was created earlier than the other general which is why this one stayed I would assume.

We have a vote and the correct answer overwhelmingly won. The one person who suggested STD got an instant -5 rating.

All the major Trek fansites, forums and subreddits have voted in lock step.

The... klingons.... talk.... too.... slowly....

I just watche S01E08 and this is how I feel.
What is happening?

You need to go back.

Holy shit, Sup Forums on suicide watch, good night alt right!

>trying to watch this shit
>half of the dialogue is Klingon
>plot is basically Mario (Federation) trying to get a mushroom (mushroom) to beat Bowser (Klingons) at kart racing

Before you all flame me the last episode was enjoyable, would go as far as saying only one I have actually liked.

there is nothing to understand because it's only about magic. the science fiction part ist completely gone.

Clearly lacking Rick and Morty fan level intellect

Nice try, CBS shill.

Why didn't punk grrl here get her head fixed?

Ignore plebbitors, real anons like us here had these polls time and time again and everytime it was STD.

Reddit admins are bought and sold everyday which is a known fact, rendering anything discussed or from reddit, a joke at best, and at worst just plebs unknowingly doing the marketing for CBS without even getting their pay like the subreddit admins do.