>nobody ever has to pause to collect their thought
>everybody speaks in clear, well thought out sentences
>people rarely ever get interrupted

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YEyXcrSH_Vg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=YEyXcrSH_Vg

PIG FUCK

I notice this. I actually think about it a lot. It's always so distracting how people say the perfect thing without thinking. That's not reality. Television and movies would be a lot better and more realistic if they allowed characters to be more flawed in this way.

>room of several people talking
>they all seemlessly have a conversation where everyone is involved and talks over anyone else

I thought I was the only one that was bothered by this.

I think about this too. I wish actors played their characters a bit like real people. Not asking for mumblecore but maybe some long takes of characters thinking before they do something crucial to the plot or some hesitation before saying some important dialogue

>group discussion
>character doesn't repeat the beginning of his sentence so people will listen

Jensen Ackles' Dean Winchesters does this great. He even had stupid lines he either has to rephrase later (Accidents dont just happen accidentally) or he has to pause midway when he realizes what he says makes no sense

>character says something controversial
>doesn't take a 2 second pause in which he gets interrupted by a angry shouting person
>isn't taken aback and starts crying in the nearest bathroom
S-so realistic

>Not asking for mumblecore

Yes you are, you all are.

If you want realistic dialogue you want mumblecore, otherwise realise that films are an artistic medium and not representative of real life in many ways.

I LOVE Rick and Morty!!

Go watch a Woody Allen film if you want to hear a bunch of faggots talking over each other at a dinner party.

Mumblecore isn't realistic dialogue though, kike

>character has a choice between red pill and blue pill
>chooses blue pill

It's strange that realistic dialogue has to have its own genre

you're not thinking of something new, it has already been tried before and nobody likes it, that's why mumblecore is shit

You're wrong. It's too much of a stretch to call most television shows "art". It's not a play. It's not theater. We're watching people do exciting or interesting things in what is very often a somewhat realistic setting - or else a setting that makes sense within the show. We're supposed to relate to the characters at the very least. Perfect, seamless dialog gives people in reality unrealistic expectations of how a conversation should flow. Why not normalize the idea that people misspeak or need time to think or sometimes things are misheard or not heard at all? There's occasions where shows allow these flaws to happen but it's not very often.

Obviously back in Shakespeare's time they didn't talk like his prose but do you think they talked more elegantly than people today?

You clearly never saw a single Kenneth Lonergan film.

Pic related scene in Manchester by the Sea was one of the most genuine realistic human interactions in films ever.
Felt like I was watching/eavesdropping on something I shouldn't, a completely "real" and personal moment

But that's exactly the point. Why isn't that more normal?

Well first and foremost writing a script with dialogue like that is extremely difficult for it to be good and believable.
Also the actors have to be extremely in tune with the script and with one another for it to work, it's much easier to just shoot singles of actors saying their complete lines without any interruption.
And dialogue like that is basically impossible to pull off in anything other than a character drama, you wouldn't hear or understand shit if dialogue was like that in loud war/scifi/action film with a lot of other things going on at the same time.

"elegantly" is subjective. No doubt Shakesman used some colloquialisms that we don't understand and his plays were more rhetorical. If we got rid of the minority influence on the english language we could probably return it to it's once great sound

I guess so.

Well I'm saying elegantly both in slang/formality but also their ability to speak like people in movies -- without pausing or messing up.

Oh. Sweetie, no, men were savages back then who burped mid sentence as a power play.

>Oh. Sweetie, no
patronizing fuck
>savages back then
maybe the peasantry

As some pointed out it's difficult.
And may very much risk being momentarily unclear or difficult to follow if the viewer is also distracted by the visuals.
A third aspect is that in so many films the aesthetics are to some degree exagerated and idealized, wouldn't "non-dramatic" dialouge stick out in a situation like that?

t. Plebs that only watch shit by terrible writers and/or using terrible actors

>dude Rick and Morty is so realistic!

>he watches rick and morty

you have to go back

>you wouldn't hear or understand shit if dialogue was like that in loud war/scifi/action film with a lot of other things going on at the same time
Fucking Primer. "Let's have 4 turboautists discuss the scientific specifics of how to make a time travel device while talking over each other for multiple scenes"

>he doesn't pick up on blatant sarcasm

you have to go back