Why has this show become so laughably bad?

Why has this show become so laughably bad?

What happened to the comfiness and survivalist aspect of Season 1?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DDbi7P93Np8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it tried doing something the comic does and failed horribly, honestly the show will prob be good again when the whisper war starts but that won't happen for like 2 years so don't even bother watching.

>comfiness
End yourself

Because there is no survival anymore, there isn't an us vs them, it's just a bunch of communities unable to get along because their leaders are fucking retarded.
Now it's all stuck in fucking towns where people can have radios and lamps on all night because "muh solar" which is bullshit.

Writers changed after the first season, i think. To be honest, it's not like the first season was that great to begin with, but it was setting up a lot of expectations that, one by one, got cancelled or fucked with.
I'm still watching it, in the hopes that there will be a meaningful end to this show, but by now i highly doubt it. It only works on this on this "who's gonna die this week" level.
Negan is a pretty good vilain on paper, but they only use him once in a while for shock effect.

I was watching some of season 3 lately and it honestly was fucking jarring how much better it was then. It was actually shot well, writing was decent, Daryl was likable, characters spoke like real people, Governor was a realistic villain, zombies felt like a real threat.

Why didn't they just keep the season 3 showrunner instead of the the hack Gimple?

terrible writing, terrible acting
season 1 was the only one worth watching

urgh... we had terrible characters before, but this shit is just ridiculous

forgot pic

:(

i actually miss hating lori. that's how bad this show is now.

This story has gotten so retarded i wish they'd bring Dale back so he would grind the entire episode to the halt everytime he opens his mouth.

>those fake-ass guns with terrible cgi muzzleflashes that the actors just waggle about to pretend there's recoil

Damn, only 4 people in this picture are still alive

The first 3 episodes of season 8 have been incredibly bad.

It is basically just a bunch of people shooting guns at each other now.

Negan has a total of 3 mins.

Seasons 1 - 5 are good, after that it starts to go to shit. It went horribly bad when the walkers stopped being a big danger and just a mild annoyance, also the killed off all the good characters. Only Rick and Negan are any good now and they aren't using them very well. Also the reaplcements for good characters they killed off are incredibly annoying. That dude pretending to be a king for starters, if they killed him off and replaced him with no-one it would improve the show instantly.

Season 1 with the CDC story arc: kino
Season 2 with the farm: a bit slower but still good
Season 3 with Woodbury and all that: an improvement on season 2, still good
Season 4 with the prison: an improvement again, walkers still a very real thread. Still good
Season 5 with losing the prison: Back to a season 1 vibe, still good
Season 6: the beginning of the end

I won't do the rest as you know how it goes, they turn walkers into not a big deal and all the good characters start to be killed off.

p.s. they should have never killed off based Merle.

I don't know why people on here loved the governor so much. I hated the character and story arch.

Liar

>seasons 1-5 are good
Thats where youre wrong kiddo. It stopped being good after season three.

Only two of which are supposed to be alive

Punished Rick was a cool guy.

This show has never been good outside of the pilot, and it has been absolute bottom of the barrel retard bait shit since Darabont was forced out..

The arc i enjoyed most is when they lost the prison and split off into all the different groups. Its like the show slowed down and stopped being about retarded setpieces and actually being a survival show. It was comfy. But of course, it has to always go back to the over the top big bad bullshit.

In the comics that was my favorite part. The prison was lost, Lori and the baby had just died, and chaos ensued. Rick was losing his damn mind talking to ghost Lori on the phone. Rick and Carl finally reuniting with Michonne.

yeah it looks like absolute trash. the big selling point for the show now is all these groups going to war and every single firefight looks like a high school project

WHERE THE FUCK IS NEGAN I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THE KANG OR OTHER SHITBAGS.

This. I want Negan/Gabe and eugene/dwight/Simon NOW

Season 1 (and arguably 2) had a degree of believability to them. They felt kind of like Threads or something like that where you could believe that this is what would happen in the wake of a global collapse, but the later seasons all follow these artificial television arcs with supervillains and battles and shit and it's just completely removed from reality. You can't believe it at all so you don't have that fun "What would I do in this situation?" line of thought going through your head.

Horror really only works in extremes. You're either extremely real, extremely cartoonish, extremely graphic and upsetting, or shit.

The first season is pretty great. It's probably one of the top 10 screen depictions of a zombie apocalypse.

Seasons 1-3 were good. Only season 1 was great. Everything after that is mediocre.

>What happened to the comfiness and survivalist aspect of Season 1?
Season 2.

damn this photo brings back memories

>early 2011
>friend gives me a dvd of the first season
>there's also Kickass and Salt in there too iirc
>watch the whole thing in a couple days
>love it
>last episode's subtitles include a "see you in october!" message in the end
>realise now that the show's excitement picked at that point

I miss the Shane/Rick antagonism. It was great

it's been bad for years. the very first episode was good but the rest have all been dumb. the only reason i ever watched it is because watching bad people get murdered is cathartic.

>but i already made you a promise

There's still some good. Rick and Negan are great and even better when they're together, but the show tends to focus too much on weaker points.

Based Merleposter. He was the best character in the entire show, and the best actor too. All of his scenes are memorable, whereas entire seasons of the show are forgettable.

>le merle was gud cuz we wuz racist!

back to your containment board

The zoophile hack of YourMovieSucks actually did a video on why the rest of the seasons are so different to the first one
youtube.com/watch?v=DDbi7P93Np8

Darabont worked on the first half of season 2.

Yeah, on a reduced budget with a doubled episode order and his creative direction was constantly under scrutiny from AMC executives, because they actually own the show unlike Mad Men or BrBa

They followed the comic too close instead of adapting to the medium. Now we have a mustache twirling villain, a CGI tiger, kang, etc.

As a guy that have seen close to nothing of this show, can someone give me a quick rundown on the nigger with the katana?

>Not realising how great character he was because "oh vey, RAAAACIIIIIST" and thinking everyone who likes him is a nazi

You can't be that stupid, can you?

>Shittalking /ourguy/

Back in your hole, nigger.

Try that again. Without your Sup Forums buzzwords.

you mean kung fu kunta?

And he did a worse job at working under those restrictions than a literal "who?".
Season 1 was mostly great but the CDC and season 2's first half show prove that Darabont's work wasn't always the best.

its so over the top ridiculous now I really dunno why they didn't stay as a gritty, realish show about survival when the entire world is collapsing

can someone give me a quick rundown on the nigger with the katana?

I dare you to look me in the chat box and tell me you don't browse Sup Forums every day.

One of the reasons, yeah. There's also a reason why Gregory is now the most fun character on the entire show now.

Slow zombies are horrible in general. They should at most be as fast as human to make things interesting.

They unironically need to bring Merle and the Governor back. At this point they're the only thing that can save this pile of garbage

S1 > S3 > S2 >>>> the rest

Yeah, if you can maintain a light jog for a while, you can survive in the world of the walking dead

Z Nation is literally the best show on television at the moment

Missed it user, I honestly don't.
(Used to, but quit it when the non-location specific flags were reintroduced. Has been clean since.)

>there's literally nothing wrong with niggers

back to your containment website

I stopped watching like season 3-4 because I got bored.
Only really liked season 1.
>show about humans vs zombies
>show turns into humans vs humans with zombies in the background

>Why has this show become so laughably bad?
Because you keep watching it.
And writters are running out of ideas...But since there's zombies like you watching this shit show, they keep pumping out more episodes regardless of quality..

Maybe there just aren't any other interesting storylines to be followed in accordance with the structure the story has acquired.

>show turns into humans vs humans with zombies in the background
that's literally what it's supposed to be though

Dale, Merle, & Shane were the only characters I genuinely enjoyed

If you still are watching this after that last episode you are beyond being saved.

I wonder who still watches the talking dead

Season 1 didn't feel like that though. It felt like they were actually trying to solve the problem of a zombie apocalypse. And solve the mystery of how the zombies spread/can be stopped.

what happened to the girl next to carol?

That whole part with that goverment building was show only anyway. The writer of the comics said that it's about the characters and the zombies are ''icing on the cake''

Its because the story in the comic book was at this point more about the communities than the threat of zombies.
I could twist ti shake things up May be would be mutant zombies who are more aggressive/ human like ( Nemesis from RE) but then ud. Have to come up with a storyline to explain that.

Seasons 1 and 3 were the best desu

I kinda enjoyed the end of the last season where they were trying to drive to the hilltop and Negan and has men were blocking all the exits

sometimes it's more entertaining than the actual TWD episode. especially if they have on some qt guests.

That's her daughter, Sophie. The chick who was trapped inside the barn.

It went to shit right after the pilot, my man.

Does anyone miss Bethfu?

I enjoyed the lead up to negans introduction desu

>muh comics say this...

you mean the material the show is adapting?
yea

season 1 was about the initial shock of "oh shit there's a zombie apocalypse, what do we do?!" which comes before the inevitable "oh shit humans are actually worse than zombies!" realization. Darabont would never do a zombie show without character drama.

she ruined season 2

I watched the latest episode after a long break.

I cannot fucking believe they're still doing the "kill our enemies vs let them live" debate. Literally nobody in their right mind would bring Negan's people back to their community. It's been what, 4 years in the apocalypse already? You'd think people would've learned.

>adapting
do you get mad when shows and movies don't follow the source material?

>Season 1
Great. By far the best season of the series.
>Season 2
Mediocre. The pacing is too fucking slow.
>Season 3
Alright. Better than 2 but has a lot of the same pacing issues.
>Season 4
About the same level of quality as season 3.
>Season 5
About the same level of quality as seasons 3 and 4.
>Season 6
Disappointing. About the same level of quality as season 2.
>Season 7
Garbage that makes seasons 2 and 6 look amazing.
>Season 8
So far, about the same level of quality as season 7.

Are the comics pretty much the same as the show?

Honestly loved this show all the way until the end of Season 5. Now watching it is a chore, and I'm about 6-7 episodes behind.

wilderness -> civilization -> cdc -> road -> farm -> wilderness -> prison -> woodbury -> wilderness -> terminus -> ??

it reappeared out of nowhere and it's literally one fucking character that pushes it and everyone complies for some reason. it's just ridiculous

All of season 6 was pretty good except for the Glenn under the dumpster shit.

We want Merle and Beth back

Don't forget the infuriating cliffhanger.

>Merle
Yes
>Beth
Fuck no, she was so fucking boring.

What does that have to do with anything? The comic isn't about the fight against zombies it's a character drama, the creator of the show said so and the show is very obviously attempting to do this aswell. What i like or dislike is irrelevant.

The zombies aren't a threat anymore. You could probably kill one with a breath like a big bad wolf at this point. I don't even want to get into character motivations, that's the real problem.

Am I the only one who thinks Season 2 is GOAT and Shane is the shows best villain followed by that Redneck guy and the one with the Eye patch?

Shane kept season 2 from being unwatchable. I sat through all of the boring "WHERE'S SOPHIA?!" bullshit for him.

t. faggot

user, she was a boring character and I don't have a chestlet fetish.

Even Shane can't save that entire mess of a season.

Shane was the biggest threat to Rick because he was better at being Rick than Rick was.

they're all boring characters, but she was a good cunny stand-in. you need to fuck off back to /lgbt/ you faggot

Killing a large group of zombies is pretty easy if all these people got along and weren't fighting each other