Is this, dare i say it, a perfect movie?

Is this, dare i say it, a perfect movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yencLfqOh5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

on first watch it feels like an all time top 10 film

however, on subsequent rewatches it does not hold up sadly

still a great film. one of the best of the 80s

why was Amadeus such an asshole
Salieri did nothing wrong

Yes. It really is.

Yup

Without question

If it's not, it's close it makes no damn difference. I love this movie. Know what's crazy? It's basically "The Fountainhead" with music instead of architecture.

Never heard of it. Worth a watch? Is it better than Avatar?

>tfw liked it but was nothing outstanding to me

What exactly makes this so great for you?
Not shitting on it, just genuinely curious why it's such a standout movie for a lot of people.

hehe...meme

Amazing acting and directing, probably the most beautiful sets and costumes ive seen in a movie, the story, albeit nothing especially groundbreaking and filled with twists and surprises is a classic tale of envy/man vs man/man vs god.

it basically doest what a lot of other movie do and nothing special, but it does it literally pefect

For me, just the music is enough, but the fucking story is just fantastic to me. Complete fiction, to be sure, but holy shit, what a great story.

I also like the creative use of accents. The Italian accents are the past, the American accents are both a stand-in for the native accent of the region and also the more progressive mindsets, and the English accents represent the status quo.

I never realized I liked opera until I saw it

people identify with Mozart and think they are all geniuses kept down by society

i identify with him because im a drunk manchild and enjoy fart joeks tb h, im far from a genius tho

I still don't care for much opera, but Mozart is like listening to the voice of God for me. I'm largely a pleb when it comes to opera, but I do like Mozart, Wagner, and Mahler.

I identify with Salieri: a bitter virgin who now no matter how hard he tries will always live in the shadow of someone better.

Not gonna lie, Salieri strikes too close to home...I'd like to believe that im not at lest that much of a vengeful cunt for no reason, but then again, at least Salieri did eveything in the name of something bigger than him while im just a loser so maybe not

The look of shocked disbelief when he first sees Mozart always gets me.

>How well are you trained in shitpost?

>I know a little. I shitposted in my youth.

>Where?

>Here on Sup Forums.

>Ah! Then you must know this
>"JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP"

>I can't say that I do. What is it?

>It was a very popular meme on its day. I made it.
>Here, how about this?
>"Now THIS is podracing"
>I made it.
>This one brought down the board when we shitposted it...
>"What did he mean this?"
>Well?

>I regret it is not too familiar.

>Can you recall no meme of mine?
>I was the most famous shitposter in Sup Forums.
>I made 40 memes alone.
>Here! What about this one? "IF I PULL THAT OFF WOULD YOU DIE"-

>"IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY PAINFUL, YOU'RE A BIG GUY, FOR YOU!"
>Yes, I know that! That's charming!
>I'm sorry, I didn't know you shitposted that.

>I didn't. These were the baneposters...
>Bane Posters.

>The man you accuse yourself of cucking.

didnt read lmao

Nice.

>you mean, these are original Pepes?

the real tragedy is that he's talented enough to know the giant skill gap between him and Mozart. The average listener (the King being the perfect example) can't tell the difference. But Salieri knows. And it haunts him.

Whats the better cut?

it's a solid 10

The scene when Mozart’s wife brings him the manuscripts is one of the most beautifully acted and paced scenes in cinema history. First the look of astonishment when she tells him they are originals and not copies. Then as he reads them and starts hearing the music played in his mind... you realize in the film that no one else can possibly have more appreciation for the miracle he was witnessing on those music sheets. It makes the fact that he hates Mozart because of this gift seem so much more powerful... F Murray Abraham earned the fuck out of that Oscar.

And just for a bonus, we get to see some amazing tits right after...

Starts to get old on a third viewing, especially the Emperor and his "there it is" lines

I like how at least at first, Mozart isn't at all bitter or envious of Salieri, like at the beginning when he's talking about the Salieri piece he'd composed some variations on, he calls it a "funny little piece," but I honestly don't think he's mocking him. He's just cluelessly frank and without filter.

My absolute favorite scene.

According to modern psychologists, Mozart had some level of Asperger syndrome. Would explain his lack of filter.

The person who appreciated his music more than anyone possibly could was the same person who wished to smite him... beautiful

>From now on we are enemies....you and I. Because you choose for your instrument a boastful, lustful, smutty little boy. And give me for reward only the ability to recognize the incarnation.

>because you are unjust. Unfair. Unkind. I will block you

youtu.be/yencLfqOh5A

>I'm pretty sure everyone only knows this scene because of Children of Bodom.

Big juicy knockers user. Big juicy knockers.

I loved that scene. Seeing Salieri not just angry at Mozart, but rage against God, seeing it as an afront to his piety and devotion was fantastic.

Is F. Murray Abraham's acting in this movie, dare I say it, literally perfect?

play cia

never heard of it

You are a man of patrician tastes.

>My plan was so simple. It terrified me. First I must get myself caught and then, I must crash the plane with no survivors.
>His flight plan! Imagine it, CIA, all his men sitting there, the doctor, Bane's little mercenaries in the middle, and then, in that silence, music! A divine plane bursts out over them all. A great mass of death! Requiem mass for CIA, composed by his devoted friend, Bane! Oh what sublimity, what depth, what passion in the plan! Bane has been touched by God at last. And Dr. Pavel is forced to watch! Powerless, powerless to stop it! Bane, for once in the end, laughing at him!
>The only thing that worried him was the actual killing. How does one do that? Hmmm? How does one crash a plane with no survivors? It's one thing to dream about it; very different when, when you, when you have to do it with your own hands.

>Tips fedora
Nothing personal, kid.

It is un-fucking-touchable.

You are killing me.

why did Jesus betray him

>While my father prayed earnestly to God to protect commerce, I would offer up secretly the proudest prayer a boy could think of: "Lord, make me a great mercenary. Let me celebrate Your glory through wearing a mask and be celebrated myself. Make me famous through Gotham, dear God. Make me immortal. After I die, let people speak my name forever with love for what I crashed. In return, I will give you my chastity, my industry, my deepest humility, every hour of my life, Amen." And do you know what happened? A miracle!

you got me but I actually saw the movie in my music appreciation class in high school before listening to that.

I’ll always remember because the autism kid spazzed our during the scene with the tits and ended up beating his retard wrangler when she tried to calm him down.

>retard wrangler

>So rose the dreadful ghost from his next and blackest plan. There, on the football field, stood the figure of a dead doctor. And I knew, only I understood that the horrifying aparition was Dr. Pavel, raised from the dead! Bane had actually summoned up his own hostage to arm the bomb before all the world! It was terrifying and wonderful to watch. And now the madness began in me. The madness of the man splitting in half. Through my influence, I saw to it Bane was in control for only five months in Gotham. But in secret, I watched on a tv in a hole in the ground every one of those five, worshipping sounds I alone seem to hear. And hour after hour, as I stood there, understanding how that bitter masked man was still possessing the city even from behind his mask. I began to see a way, a terrible way, I could finally triumph over Bane.

>My father, he did not care for crashing planes. When I told him how I wished I could be like Bane, he would say; "Why? Do you want to be a masked man? Would you like me to drag you around Europe, crashing planes with no survivors like a circus freak?"
>How could I tell *him*... what crashing planes meant to me?

Constanze's, I don't have a word for it, (insufficient appreciation?) of his work, when Salieri says how miraculous it is, gets me every time. She loves him, she's proud of him, but she has no inkling that she's married to a man that the world is never, ever going to forget.

Amadeus
The Shawshank redemption

what is it with these films that are "good" but you kind of don't feel like they're you're favorites?

>retard wrangler

They're mighty. Some of them even morph.

Original or tits edition?

>No. I'm not going to shoot you before throwing you out of a plane. You're a hired gun!
>Sesir erif eht tub. Sesir erif eht tub!
>Tub, but. Eht, the. Erif, fire... But the fire rises?
>The Fire Rises

For me, it's gotta be All Quiet on the Western Front (1929), but I'm a massive fan of Erich Maria Remarque

It had too many notes

But which ones?

Hi, reddit

>would you mind if I keep these overnight?
>I'm sorry, senor, but Wolf would be very upset
>you neednt worry, they will be safe with me
>I'm truly sorry, but I cant. Wolfy never samefags
>y-you mean to say these are original pepes?
>hmm hmm!

Beautiful

What? I haven't seen the movie but I know it's a dude being jelly of individual excellence, not a celebration of it.

>people acting like this garbage is historically accurate

Jesus Christ you dumb fucks

>implying people think it is good because of historical accuracy
>implying people think or care if it is historically accurate

It's wonderfully made Mozart fanfiction

Learn to read, no one in the comments had said such things

>when you discover that Mozart actually existed
Woah

alright give me the keywords to pirate this

It would be perfect but it has too many notes. Just cut a few and it should be perfect.

>God knew Salieri's intentions were selfish
>Salieri would express false humility and underneath was just searching for vain glory
>Thinks God is a genie though
>God has the last laugh through Mozart
>Mozart lives long enough to turn Salieri into an old bitter man

Billions of stories like these throughout time.

Only the final cut. Director's cut is completely different movie.

it's essentially the cain and abel story

Damn, god is an asshole

The protagonist is an innovative genius architect whose career is crippled by a jealous, less-talented but "establishment" rival who stymies and thwarts him through his connections both within the industry as well as the press.

That's the broad strokes anyway.

It's too Hollywood at times. The very opening scene features two buffonish servants gorging on pastries, followed by a reveal of a man bleeding to death. It's probably partly meant to be reminiscent of the comedic servant stock character in opera buffa, but it makes the dramatic nature of the scenes that follow difficult to grasp.

What the film does very well is create an atmosphere; a time and a place that cannot be replicated. For all the anachronisms, the film brings 18th century Vienna alive in the way an old man waxing nostalgic about his youth would remember it. I think the film encapsulates the "Those who have not lived in the eighteenth century before the Revolution do not know the sweetness of living" quote.

Mozart died from a bacterial infection he got from eating shit.

Our morals and ethics hold no bearing on the acts of God. "Asshole" to us is nothing to him, REPENT user.

DOCTOOOOOOR PAAAAAVEEL

It's pretty technically impressive too. The lighting was all natural light.

Is Immortal Beloved good too?

A true german

literally the opposite

You do realize that this is based on a play, right?

There's nothing wrong about getting high on shit fumes. I do it and I turned out fine.

>great music
>good acting
>sets and costumes that still hold up well to this day

Even though the story is fairly typical, they present it the best way. It's probably in my top 10.

But Shaffer reworked the entire play from soliloquy to a dialogue with the priest, also Forman is not happy with the amount of fake blood his effects team used.
t. Listened to director/writer commentary

Its a great play, it makes a good movie for that reason.

See also: Glengarry Glen Ross

downloaded director's cut

is this user right?