Who thought this was a good idea?

who thought this was a good idea?

ikr there was a perfectly good version made back in 1974

Kenneth Branagh

At least we have Wallander, rip in peace Wallanders dad

Probably Kenneth himself.

shouldn't the grey match? his moustache is a totally different color than his hair. did they want to communicate that he dyes?

>Poirot
>good looking
>not a goofy short fat man

Is the David Suchet version good? Never knew they did one until I checked there.

who the fuck gives this guy money?
is he in cahoots with the British gov't movie fund or something?

Suchet is the best Poirot.

What's wrong with Kenneth Branagh?

Is it supposed to look like a cartoon?

LITERALLY THIS

HIS HAIR SHOULD BE GREY

BLOWS THE WHOLE LOOK

Suchet IS Poirot

When will Hollywood stop having Kenneth Branagh direct films? He's a great actor but a really fucking boring director. He has the artistic flare of wallpaper.

The cast has me hype
>Kenneth Jacobi coming back for more Kenneth Branagh
This movie is going to be so comfy.

Agatha Christe Cinematic Universe when? 10 Little Indians after this. Mysterious Affair prequel.

>the only Poirot that matters

desu

>kenneth jacobi
Fuck me Derek Jacobi*

Anyone else hate this guy? He's a bad director

It's been a while since I read any, but I remember Poirot being hopelessly vain and fastidious and dyeing his hair jet black well past the age it'd be appropriate

>you see, here's the thing, i loved it just like i adore my buddy Ken

Why do the trailers make it look like a capeshit action flick?

Because Kenneth Branagh is a capeshit director who made Thor, one of the dullest capeshit movies in the already boring marvel cinematic universe.

Despite being the best poirot, the movies are fucking shit. Same thing every time.
>somebody dies in generic fashion under mysterious circumstance and around several people are suspects
>There's the creepy one everyone suspects, the innocent woman, some love affair shit... it goes on
>spend most of the run time with useless clues and plot filler so audiences will take their guesses as to who the murderer is
>have a couple actually critical things in the last few minutes happen
>Condescending man with gay voice drags them all into a well furnished room
>Goes on some enormous speech about all the clues
>comes to some final conclusion that was scarcely being led up to throughout the movie so nobody expects it
>ANd zE KiLler iszz...
>Killer arrested
>Audience leaves after two hours of talking to themselves and each other because the movie is essentially an overlong quiz show
>OMG that Was SOoe unexpected lel!!1!

MAKE ME A BELIEVAH
Seriously though I feel like Imagine dragons aren't an actual band, they just write modern energetic trailer music/pleasant jingles and themes for commercials and previews

The Suchet version is kind of a different interpretation of the story, which I thought was good since there was no way to outdo the 1974 film (even if Suchet himself is a better Poirot than Albert Finney). It's kind of a YMMV thing as a result, though.

Both his hair and his mustache should be jet black, actually.

He dyed his mustache, too.

Every single Poirot and Miss Marple novel has already been adapted at this point, some of them multiple times. The David Suchet Poirot series and the '80s/'90s Joan Hickson Miss Marple series were both complete, and reasonably faithful to the books. The more recent ITV Marple series was also complete, but less faithful than the old BBC one.

Ten Little Niggers (a.k.a. And Then There Were None, a.k.a. Ten Little Indians) has also been adapted multiple times, but doesn't really have a definitive version so I suppose it could be done again.

My wife is really excited about this.

My mother is a huge Agatha Christie fan and is not.

>tfw no (you)s

Holy moly DAISY is in this?

I'm a huge Suchet Poirot fan (gay, I know) but this is total bullshit. Some episodes are good and some are bad, it was on the air for like 25 years so they had different groups of writers. The early 45-minute episodes by Clive Exton are mostly great, then in the 2000s they tried to go in a "grittier" direction which produced somewhat flawed adaptations like Orient Express but there are still great episodes. There's one with Aiden Gillen which is unironically fantastic