Why aren't horror movie scary anymore? Why are directors so obsessed with making atmospheric garbage?

Why aren't horror movie scary anymore? Why are directors so obsessed with making atmospheric garbage?
Aren't horror movies supposed to be scary???

Because normy americans find things like ghosts and demonic possession scary, even though they aren't.

As opposed to what? Some formulaic slasher movie? Universal monster movies?

smart people find this type of horror scary. retards like yourself need muh jump scares because you brainlet idiots and only have reptilian brain response.

>hehe I posted da epic bait fwead again mum mum

What are some horror movies, OP? Seriously, give me 5-10 examples of "scary" horror movies.

bump wth???

The ring
The orphanage
Child's play

Yeah only smart people are scared by drama

Go back watching your Conjuring Universeā„¢. The franchise welcomes MCU-tier plebs like you

Literally 'not enough transformers for u huh' Lmao not an argument

>Child's Play
>scary
I mean, when i was 8. That's sort of an infantile position, a flick about a possessed doll with little overalls and a big knife is scarier than the existential dread of the Witch.

>Child's Play
>horror
>not a comedy

That Jap movie Kairo made me scared of going into closets for about a month, I don't even believe in ghosts.

Existential dread? Dude that's drama

Most horror movies aren't even scary, they're just gross and funny.

Your brain is off

Conjuring Universe is the example of factory produced horror movies that relies heavily on jumpscare instead of classic feeling of dread or environment setting as definition of horror movie. If you don't get it as an argument, then clearly you are so immersed as a horrorpleb

Only us patricians understood that kino

*on

Thats drama, not horror

>Dude that's drama
Maybe so but 'Your entire family is being massacred by a diety all around you and you're powerless to stop it' is a terrifying, primal conceit.

Not scary = not horror it's that simple

it is scary to a person with a brain

My IQ is over 135 and this was not scary.

Dude I'm so smart I start getting scared by drama

What does Child's Play have that The Witch doesnt, what makes that scarier? I'm not being facetious.

everyone has a brain

Movies are only scary to children.

they just kept making the same shit even though nobody is scared by it anymore. modern people are scared of realistic situations, not ghosts and demons.

something like tombstone or there will be blood is more horror as in you actually feel tense and glued to the screen than modern mythic monster meme movies that have no real plot or tension

>mature viewers such as myself

>It's a massive pussy that gets scared of slasher movies, episode

The Haunting. 1963

IQ doesn't mean shit. Any person with half a brain knows that

I'm a little girl.

people with full a brain knows it does mean something though ;)

Only pseuds with little knowledge of cinema consider the witch a good movie. The pacing is awful

Honestly, I saw this at the kinoplex and was just horrified. I just had to keep repeating to myself over and over.
This is reddit, this is memes.

This. Probably makes him feel special to get replies

No.
I make these threads because I need an answer. All I get is 'hurr Ur dumb'. Until I get a proper response I will keep making these thread every single day

>pacing
Yeah, you sound like a true cineaste.

Yes I know my movies what can I say

>The pacing is awful
Strong argument. You must have a very high IQ.

we just told you, you're too dumb to get it.

>make an argument
>wow Ur dumb hurr
Really makes me think

Not everyone needs some form of shock for fear to manifest. Mood and atmosphere, and just how this family is driven to their wits end no matter how pious brings on a feeling of hopelessness and dread.

>He thinks he made an argument
wew

I did

I just miss weird and f*n movies

Everything is just so serious all the time now.

(You)

A full brain of shit maybe.