Favorite parodies GO!

Hot Shots!
Galaxy Quest
Last Action Hero

Airplane!

Airplane
Naked Gun
Scary Movie 1 & 3

There you go OP, thread over. Though I would like to add Behind the Mask: The rise of Leslie Vernon as a more serious take on the "parody" genre

Schindlers List and Escape from Sobibor

Loaded Weapon One is the correct answer.

meek-ro-FEEEELM

>thread over
Come on now, I'm sure the Mel Brook snobs will show up any minute.

Ok, I'll give you Kung-Pow as well then, otherwise there is nothing more to discuss.

disaster movie
meet the spartans
epic movie

HIGH ANXIETY YOU FUCKS

this guy

Tropic Thunder
Lethal Weapon 5

Underrated spoof.

gilbert grape 2

>there is nothing more to discuss.
How about why?
I like Hot Shots!, Galaxy Quest and Last Action Hero better than most because I got invested in the story and characters, despite being parodies, they are very genuine, someone could almost watch one of those movies just for everything *other* than the comedy.
Like in Hot Shots! Topper Harley is genuinely a cool fucking guy, Ramona is basically Jessica Rabbit levels of cartoony-sexy-but-has-a-personality, Cary Elwes is the most punchable motherfucker, ... Other than that the comedic timing and delivery is aces, and it's one of the most straight-faced parodies there are. There's not one self-aware character, they all just play along with whatever the fuck Lloyd Bridges say like he's senile but respectable, not like it's actually a comedy. It's one of the rare movies that I consider basically perfect as in it accomplishes everything it tries to do.
Galaxy Quest managed to make me root for Tim fucking Allen as an action hero depsite him being a clear douchebag in-story, and made me genuinely feel for the filth that are actors more than any bullshit self-aware Hollywood drama. The movie is such a great homage to a dead era, so many practical effects. I rewatched it yesterday and I just wanted to hug the movie. Ace casting.
Last Action Hero was just the ultimate self-insert 90s kid movie, the kid was just enough of a little shit with supperficial kid problems that I could identify, and Arnold was literally parodying himself while playing a character questionning the very value of Action Heroes existing. And then the very premise of the movie "what if real life" is played with very well in terms of writing, it's used for comedy, for drama, and to satire real life. Charles Dance is a fucking treasure in this movie, he's genunely scary while balancing being over the top and playing a "real" villain.

Oh yeah, and then there's Princess Bride. Fuck I forgot about Princess Bride.
Fuck I'm drunk.

that's a lot of effort - have a bump

i've got a big meeting over at the mens room

couple good laughs

i thought this movie was god awful until about half way through when they meet up with the french resistance guys. then it was a laugh o rama, a real side splitting romp

Limonádový Joe
Čtyři vraždy stačí, drahoušku

hey, it's the guy who writes reviews that appear on the front of direct to dvd covers!

This